PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2013 New England Patriots Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Home-Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver

Away-Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston

I know it's early but the schedule is much more difficult than this year. Atlanta, balt, Cincy, Houston, Pitt, NO, Den, TB..all tough games IMO

I still see a 11-5, 12-4 year but some of those teams pats will struggle against with current roster...obviously FA and draft will decide some things as well

If, heaven forbid, Baltimore wins in ’Nawlins, can pretty much count on a Pats at Baltimore opener. Might happen anyway. Win down there would be an awesome start.

16-0,SB Champions

If, heaven forbid, Baltimore wins in ’Nawlins, can pretty much count on a Pats at Baltimore opener. Might happen anyway. Win down there would be an awesome start.

yeah i could see that actually. NO will be better next year, ATL and denver...all tough games

Houston ehh..cincy will be better...who knows. it's still early...wanted to get some takes on the opponents next year

Pitt is old..not really worried about them especially at home

Ed Reed playing for the Pats and intercepting Flacco to seal the win would be classic. :D But, let's hope they don't beat the 49ers.

On balance, this schedule looks brutal.

That road schedule looks grueling. However looks like alot of playoff opponents there so if we do make it back we will have a good understanding on where we are at.

That road schedule looks grueling. However looks like alot of playoff opponents there so if we do make it back we will have a good understanding on where we are at.

road looks very tough..even home looks tough on paper..but look at our entire divisions schedule...very tough..jets, buff, MIA...man they are going to lose a lot of game

road looks very tough..even home looks tough on paper..but look at our entire divisions schedule...very tough..jets, buff, MIA...man they are going to lose a lot of game

Here's the thing I see (and maybe some else can articulate this better): For all the talk about the type of teams that have ultimately shut down the Pats in recent years — Giants and Ravens mostly — there just aren't a lot of those type of teams. The Patriots, as constituted, could very well win every single one of those games. So, in building a team to get through that season, win as many games as possible, and get home field advantage — are you again building a team with a fatal playoff flaw? Hope this makes sense.

Here's the thing I see (and maybe some else can articulate this better): For all the talk about the type of teams that have ultimately shut down the Pats in recent years — Giants and Ravens mostly — there just aren't a lot of those type of teams. The Patriots, as constituted, could very well win every single one of those games. So, in building a team to get through that season, win as many games as possible, and get home field advantage — are you again building a team with a fatal playoff flaw? Hope this makes sense.

No but ATL and NO can score and at will. Denver may be able to as well. All depends on how are D looks going into next year and balt in balt is always tough....

early prediction is 11-5. Division winner...#3 seed. Losses to Balt, ATL, a BS loss in MIA, Cincy and NO

With this team, I'll assume 16-0 is possible until I'm proven wrong. ;)

In any case, though, "on paper" means nothing.

At least it will be 6-0 in the AFC east.

:)

Jets 2013

Home Games

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Oakland
Buffalo
Miami
New England

Road Games

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Carolina
Tennessee
Buffalo
Miami
New England

And with the 1st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft... :D

What on Earth is it going to finally take for people to realize that preseason strength of schedule means absolutely positively nothing?

Oh but excuse me, I guess we should start panicking about how the Pats are going to have such a hard time next season.

I hope the Pats squeak into the playoffs. No one believes in them having to play all their games on the road and subsequently they play with a chip on their shoulder, take chances and actually...you know...play to win.

What on Earth is it going to finally take for people to realize that preseason strength of schedule means absolutely positively nothing?

So the Pats have the same chances of beating Miami and Cleveland as they do against Baltimore and Houston? What if someone wanted to wager with you and you got to pick one of those 4 games? Would you really be willing to do so randomly?

The difficulty of the schedule will of course change but I strongly disagree that it means "absolutely positively nothing".

I think we play Denver at home and not Oakland. Anyone know for sure.

Going up against five best teams in AFC and NFC South, luckily we're in a division with Jets, Bills and Dolphins

they will go 6-0 inside the division
6-4 or 5-5 outside of it.....

the ravens are full of holes.......lots of retiring and FA's.......they will take a step back

houston still has schaub, and manning is a year older.......

the AFC is up for grabs.....

the pats will do the same thing until someone pushes them around

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes