2012 Season Prediction: Surprise Offensive Impact Player of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
In this thread post your thoughts on who you feel will be the surprise offensive impact player for 2012. Obviously I know guys like Brandon Lloyd come to mind, but try and think of guys who you feel will become a valuable part of the offense that in turn make people like Lloyd, Gronk, Welker, etc. better. Be creative with your answers and you're welcome to debate each response in this thread.

I'll say Julian Edelman. Personally, it feels like if he is ever going to contribute to the offence in a full time way, now is the time.

I got to go with visathe shiancoe. He can make plays, and I have a feeling defenses are going to just forget about him. I could easily see us still deploy 2wr 2te sets but just have hernandez in the back field. The receivers would be lloyd and welker with gronk and shiancoe as the tes. Defenses would be concerned with whatever trickery hernandez is up to, leaving shiancoe space to do his damage.

Salas.......

I think it might just be Salas.

Tom Brady .

Edelman.

I think it's finally his time to step up with all the receivers we released.

Shane Vereen ... if he can stay healthy. In particular I see him being productive as a receiver out of the backfield. The personnel package with Hernandez and Gronkowski with Vereen will be a real headache for opposition D's. But he's got to stay healthy. To some that would probably be a surprise in itself.

Honorable Mention:
I can see Daniel Fells have a real impact in the run game and catching several key passes when opposing D's focus on Gronk and Hernandez ... and Welker ...and Lloyd ... and Ridley.

Ridley.

Think we're about to see something special from him.

I'm on board with Ridley also.

Anyone except Ryan Mallet.

Dan Connolly. Pro Bowl caliber season.

Last edited:
Stevan Ridley I think will have a 1000 yard season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back