Welcome to PatsFans.com

2012 Presidential Matchup

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Nov 30, 2011.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +149 / 6 / -8

#51 Jersey

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

If Newt is the nominee and the choice for president becomes Gringrich vs Obama, I think I might throw up in my mouth a little bit. This can't be the best this country has to offer. It just can't be.

BTW, I'm really curious to see how the MSM treats Newt over the next week or two. If they don't mention his history, or vet him like they've vetted the rest, then my hunch of a fix of sorts will be reinforced. See, I have a gut feeling that the greater MSM wants Newt to be the nominee, cuz they know they can rip him to shreds later on, when he's 1 v 1 against Obama. Somewhat similar to how they treated McLame. Newt has a nasty history, and is as establishment as any of the jokers inside DC as can be. If they ignore that now, then that means (imo anyway) they plan to exploit it later. Just a hunch of mine though.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just a tiny bit more evidence that the GOP has gone batshyt crazy.

4. KDPPatsfan85

Ratings:
    +149 / 6 / -8

#51 Jersey

Do you want to know the difference between obama in 2008 and obama in 2012...HE HAS A RECORD and the record he has is horrible. I am hearing rumors about the DNC wanting to push obama out and put hillary on the presidential ticket and not obama!

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

I'd say it's more evidence that America has gone bat shyt crazy.

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You realize that there is always at least a 3% margin of error. Then again, later you state that the Dems considered Clinton over Obama................would like to see that link. Oh yea, the teleprompter. Name me a President who answered questions from the opposing branch of Congress and more then held his own.

7. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 7 / -1

#75 Jersey

where are you hearing these rumors?

8. KDPPatsfan85

Ratings:
    +149 / 6 / -8

#51 Jersey

MinnPost - Two Dem pollsters suggest Obama drop out in favor of Hillary Clinton

now If i had to choose between Hillary or Obama and it was my only choice, I would go with hillary (she shouldn't run on the phrase 'change' though). The 2 candidates I would want for president is either Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich. My ideal ticket right now would be a Gingrich/West ticket!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

I think Obama would easily handle Newt in a debate, just as he humiliated the House Republicans when he took their questions a few years ago in a 45 minute discussion at their invitation at their retreat. Obama is quite a good debater and he's likeable. Newt is vulnerable because of his hypocrisy and lies (such as about Freddie Mac -- I think you would regard that as an impeachable offense) and his lack of family values in terms of his relationships. And consider these other offenses that you would regard as impeachable: He bounced over 20 checks in the House banking scandal, secretly voted for pay raises when he was in the house, was a draft dodger, was taken to court by his first wife for failing to pay bills, committed adultery, etc. Plus, he's truly an unlikeable guy. He probably has the least attractive personality of any of the Republican candidates.

Rasmussen is typically out of whack:

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

My guess is that the Democrats won't attack Gingrich until he gets the nomination because he's so vulnerable. If he gets the nomination, then his numbers will drop fairly quickly.

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

:singing::D:singing:

Funny stuff Patters, after all after the beating he administered to the house pubs the dems did so well in 2010 midterms. .....

Gingrich will destroy President TelePrompter in a debate, Bammy isn't good thinking on his feet when he isn't programmed.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

The media did a good job covering his Freddie Mac scandal. I think they will cover other things if there's something that's news. Perry made news because of his fumbles in the debates. Cain made news because various mistresses stepped forward. Bachmann made news because she made several misstatement, such as with the HPV vaccination.

Personally, I think the MSM wants Romney more than Obama. Obama has not been bad for them, but Romney will be better. Let's remember that most of the MSM is owned by major corporations, such as GE or Westinghouse, or clearly conservative media moguls, such as Fox.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Newt's not gonna have even FOX on his side if he keeps talking like this at Town Hall Meetings:

"One of the real changes that comes when you start running for President -- as opposed to being an analyst on Fox -- is I have to actually know what I'm talking about," he said. The woman let out a startled laugh, and the audience joined in. "It's a severe limitation," Gingrich added.

Newt Gingrich On Fox News: I Have To 'Know What I'm Talking About' Now That I'm Not On Network (VIDEO)

As to the Dems trying to destroy him and his sterling record - they aren't going to have to - Ron Paul's gonna do it for them.

Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy - YouTube

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

Why do you buy into the teleprompter crap? Obama did fine in his past debates, and he crushed the Republicans when he took their questions at their retreat:

Obama At House Republican Retreat In Baltimore: FULL VIDEO, TEXT

Gingrich won't destroy Obama in debate. Have you watched him in the Republican debates? He's certainly been competent, but by no means outstanding. He's best when he can throw red meat at righties, which he won't be able to do as much in the general election.

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

All Obama would have to do in a debate with Gingrich is frustrate him. Newt does not handle frustration well at all. He loses his temper and once he starts sputtering he's unintelligible.

Obama, on the other hand, never really misplaces his cool.

16. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

GOP is a circus, with only 1-2 exceptions. Newt isn't one of them. :bricks:

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

that's how things go in the righty blog world -- internet memes get substituted for facts -- it's easier for them that way

(maybe it's the case for lefties who devote all their time to Dem blogs, too, but I don't know any lefties who are big on blogs)

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

As soon as the draft Walter Mondale movement gets more than one crazy guy from Minnesota then maybe I'll agree.

Only one side thought Sara Palin should be one heart beat away from the Presidency and only one side has given serious consideration to Donald Trump, Herman Cain, Rick Perry and now Newt Gingrinch(who btw got into this race to sell books)

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Since when do democrats have a problem with a draft dodger who committed adultery? :confused:

[​IMG]

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Do not worry the right will turn on Gringrich and begin to highlight his "indisgretions"... Newt has a lot of skeletons in his closet.

Rick Perry, Bachman, Foamy Aftermath and Cain are plotting and scheming.. and then they will blame it on the main stream media.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011