PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Patriots Pandemonium Positional Preview ~ D Tackles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
NT Vince Wilfork

823659665.jpg

Vince Wilfork is the 2nd most vital component to our Championship Quest. He plays at the most critical, pivotal position on Defense, and he is the greatest Nose Tackle in the Galaxy. His phenomenal Core Power and Core Strength, and his ability to either attack or defend at an equally disruptive, marauding level, combine with tremendous Fluidity and astonishing Lateral Agility to form a relentlessly disturbing, disquieting presence right in the Offfense's face, every time he's out there...and creates delightfully malevolent Opportunities for his 10 fellow Defenders.

My only concern is that he's been egregiously overworked, the last two years.

And now I greatly fear that the accumulated wear and tear might make a season-ending injury inevitable.

Here's to a long, healthy year ~ and life!! ~ for Vince Wilfork!!

DT Kyle Love

536183677.jpg

I was pretty jazzed ~ as were we all!! ~ to see Kyle Love get a nice Extension, this Summer. He's a really solid force against the Run, and his Game is improving each and every year.

Love commands an outstanding Work Ethic, and my feeling is that we're about to see a significant improvement in this already solid player, this year, with our Run Defense up the middle evolving to a positively brutal level, if Wilfork stays healthy all year, and with our interior Pass Rush cranking up the pressure substantially.

DT Ron Brace

218339104.jpg

After 3 troubling years, my gut is telling me that Ron Brace is finally about to start paying off.

Immaturity and injuries have saddled this infamous 2nd Round Pick, but it seems to me that he's been getting steadier more disciplined and more focused, each year...And now that he's healthy, with a full Camp to get ready, he's showed signs of being the stout, brutal, mauling force in the middle of the Line that he's always had the Core Strength, the Launch Velocity, the Fluidity and Lateral Agility, and the Processing Speed to become.

DL Brandon Deaderick

459885993.jpg

Deaderick is an intriguingly flexible player whose greatest Attribute, in my view, is his impressive Core Strength. He's not the most athletic guy in the world, but has impressive Mechanics, and can get his Rush on. As such, he is perhaps our best Interior Rusher out of the the Tackle crew, as well as being a guy we can split out, if we want to go Heavy.

DT Marcus Forston

705895412.jpg

Dubious health or not, the fact that Marcus Forston was available as a UFA is absolutely astonishing.

Forston commands tremendous Core Strength, impressive Launch Velocity, and outstanding Fluidity.

His Potential as an explosive, marauding Interior Pass Rusher who can anchor against the Run...is immense.

But there are grave concerns about his Health, his Discipline, and his Work Ethic. His Mechanics are awful, and probably have a lot to do ~ along with a lack of attention to Conditioning, perhaps ~ with his health issues.

Based on Potential, he'd've been a Top 10 Pick.

Based on his Body of Work, the UFA status was fully warranted, astonishing or not.

But the ranks of WalMart and McDonalds are riddled with great Talents who didn't have the Drive to succeed.

Evidently, Bill The Mad (Genius) looked him in the eyes, this Spring...and saw something he liked.

And considering that Forston made the 53...Mad Bill's Instincts just may've been right.

We'll see.

But let me just say: If Mad Bill is right ~ yet again!! ~ and we are able to help Forston harness his raw but considerable talents...my GOD, could we have a phenomenal Force on our hands!!

Positional Prospectus

1 ~ My Greatest Fear for the 2012 Patriots: the Aggregate Wear + Tear on Vince Wilfork reaps season-ending injury.

2 ~ I am really excited to see what happens with Kyle Love's Game, now that he's got a year as a starter and a Camp as a starter under his belt. The aggregation of experience, acquired expertise, and ~ above all ~ working intimately with Vince on their teamwork, together, may very well produce a bounty of Synergistic Mayhem!!

3 ~ I have never been this excited about our Depth of Talent at Defensive Tackle, and I'm speaking as the guy who's more concerned about Vince Wilfork's health than his Mother!!

The Future

1 ~ Again: really excited about our Depth of Talent, here!! D Tackle is, to my mind, every bit as crucial as QuarterBack to have and to develop High Caliber Depth of Talent at ~ guys who can step in during the Super Bowl, and rock it!!

2 ~ As such, I dearly hope we take advantage of the surfeit of D Tackle talent that appears heading for The Big Show in the 2013 Draft. Beyond that, of course, there are always intriguing Day 3 Values: Alameda Taamu at #109, Mike Daniels at #132, or Josh Chapman at #136 in the 2012 Draft are the kind of moves I'd love to see us make.

NT Vince Wilfork

823659665.jpg

Vince Wilfork is the 2nd most vital component to our Championship Quest. He plays at the most critical, pivotal position on Defense, and he is the greatest Nose Tackle in the Galaxy. His phenomenal Core Power and Core Strength, and his ability to either attack or defend at an equally disruptive, marauding level, combine with tremendous Fluidity and astonishing Lateral Agility to form a relentlessly disturbing, disquieting presence right in the Offfense's face, every time he's out there...and creates delightfully malevolent Opportunities for his 10 fellow Defenders.

My only concern is that he's been egregiously overworked, the last two years.

And now I greatly fear that the accumulated wear and tear might make a season-ending injury inevitable.

Here's to a long, healthy year ~ and life!! ~ for Vince Wilfork!!

DT Kyle Love

536183677.jpg

I was pretty jazzed ~ as were we all!! ~ to see Kyle Love get a nice Extension, this Summer. He's a really solid force against the Run, and his Game is improving each and every year.

Love commands an outstanding Work Ethic, and my feeling is that we're about to see a significant improvement in this already solid player, this year, with our Run Defense up the middle evolving to a positively brutal level, if Wilfork stays healthy all year, and with our interior Pass Rush cranking up the pressure substantially.

DT Ron Brace

218339104.jpg

After 3 troubling years, my gut is telling me that Ron Brace is finally about to start paying off.

Immaturity and injuries have saddled this infamous 2nd Round Pick, but it seems to me that he's been getting steadier more disciplined and more focused, each year...And now that he's healthy, with a full Camp to get ready, he's showed signs of being the stout, brutal, mauling force in the middle of the Line that he's always had the Core Strength, the Launch Velocity, the Fluidity and Lateral Agility, and the Processing Speed to become.

DL Brandon Deaderick

459885993.jpg

Deaderick is an intriguingly flexible player whose greatest Attribute, in my view, is his impressive Core Strength. He's not the most athletic guy in the world, but has impressive Mechanics, and can get his Rush on. As such, he is perhaps our best Interior Rusher out of the the Tackle crew, as well as being a guy we can split out, if we want to go Heavy.

DT Marcus Forston

705895412.jpg

Dubious health or not, the fact that Marcus Forston was available as a UFA is absolutely astonishing.

Forston commands tremendous Core Strength, impressive Launch Velocity, and outstanding Fluidity.

His Potential as an explosive, marauding Interior Pass Rusher who can anchor against the Run...is immense.

But there are grave concerns about his Health, his Discipline, and his Work Ethic. His Mechanics are awful, and probably have a lot to do ~ along with a lack of attention to Conditioning, perhaps ~ with his health issues.

Based on Potential, he'd've been a Top 10 Pick.

Based on his Body of Work, the UFA status was fully warranted, astonishing or not.

But the ranks of WalMart and McDonalds are riddled with great Talents who didn't have the Drive to succeed.

Evidently, Bill The Mad (Genius) looked him in the eyes, this Spring...and saw something he liked.

And considering that Forston made the 53...Mad Bill's Instincts just may've been right.

We'll see.

But let me just say: If Mad Bill is right ~ yet again!! ~ and we are able to help Forston harness his raw but considerable talents...my GOD, could we have a phenomenal Force on our hands!!

Positional Prospectus

1 ~ My Greatest Fear for the 2012 Patriots: the Aggregate Wear + Tear on Vince Wilfork reaps season-ending injury.

2 ~ I am really excited to see what happens with Kyle Love's Game, now that he's got a year as a starter and a Camp as a starter under his belt. The aggregation of experience, acquired expertise, and ~ above all ~ working intimately with Vince on their teamwork, together, may very well produce a bounty of Synergistic Mayhem!!

3 ~ I have never been this excited about our Depth of Talent at Defensive Tackle, and I'm speaking as the guy who's more concerned about Vince Wilfork's health than his Mother!!

The Future

1 ~ Again: really excited about our Depth of Talent, here!! D Tackle is, to my mind, every bit as crucial as QuarterBack to have and to develop High Caliber Depth of Talent at ~ guys who can step in during the Super Bowl, and rock it!!

2 ~ As such, I dearly hope we take advantage of the surfeit of D Tackle talent that appears heading for The Big Show in the 2013 Draft. Beyond that, of course, there are always intriguing Day 3 Values: Alameda Taamu at #109, Mike Daniels at #132, or Josh Chapman at #136 in the 2012 Draft are the kind of moves I'd love to see us make.

I am really excited to see what happens with Kyle Love's Game, now that he's got a year as a starter and a Camp as a starter under his belt. The aggregation of experience, acquired expertise, and ~ above all ~ working intimately with Vince on their teamwork, together, may very well produce a bounty of Synergistic Mayhem!!

Tennessee Titans Running Game ~ QB's Don't Count

14 Carries.

9 Yards.

It is very well. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back