PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Draft Binkies - FIU WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida RB Chris Rainey, BC ILB Luke Kuechly

Status
Not open for further replies.
One guy who's really growing on me is C Garth Gerhart out of Arizona State, projected for the 6th or 7th Round.

Anybody seen him play and can comment? Rob Rang's write up sounds really promising.

Technically sound with very good awareness and football IQ ... Aggressive and plays with a top motor ... Very hard worker and effort player, getting the most out of his ability ... Feisty and tough, playing through multiple injuries, and refusing to leave the field.

He sounds like he could be a Patriots type player while also filling in a need position depth wise. The write up screams tireless working player who may be a bit of an overachiever through his hard work.

He didn't run an impressive 40 but put up the best 3 Cone and 3rd best Shuttle times among Centers.

One guy who's really growing on me is C Garth Gerhart out of Arizona State, projected for the 6th or 7th Round.

Anybody seen him play and can comment? Rob Rang's write up sounds really promising.

He sounds like he could be a Patriots type player while also filling in a need position depth wise. The write up screams tireless working player who may be a bit of an overachiever through his hard work.

He didn't run an impressive 40 but put up the best 3 Cone and 3rd best Shuttle times among Centers.

FWIW, he's Toby Gerhart's younger brother. Obviously NOT little brother, though. ;)

Snake, I love your binkies. No one expects BB to take a TE. Surprise! A former BB player with ups and about a 4.66 speed. He has a 19.6 TPC at 6'6" and 256lbs. Plays TE, WR H-Back and RB. Protection also against Hernandez or Gronk going down or future contract issues.

Poe would be super, but I go with Ingram who will be way gone...but....it has been said we lack an impact player on the D. This is the guy. A slightly bigger Bruschi is how I view him with more options. Can play DE,OLB,DT. 4.6 speed with 270lbs. 6'2" is probably taller than Bruschi, Mayo or Ted Johnson. We have ammunition to get to him. Would BB do that?

In both cases versatility. The BB mantra.

Ingram early with a trade up from #27+??? and Fleener at #31.

How about Seattle? If Hoyer is in play it may be a shot. They won't get to RG3 or Luck. Flynn is a Miami fit. Manning to Seatlle???...nyet!

How about #27 and Hoyer plus our fourth for Ingram at #12 if he is on the board and the Bills don't jump at Ingram. Fleener at #31 and a Corner or Safety in round 2 and a C/G late and it was a good day. We still need one FA WR (Wayne) and perhaps a cheaper DE/DT with some time to develop like Carriker with 5 sacks last year on the Skins. (Trumaine Johnson, Vin Curry, Philip Blake and it was a good Draft).

DW Toys

I'll need to check out some of Ingram's game tape, I haven't seen his work yet.

I've added another binkie since that post, right now I think Amini Silatolu is a MAGNIFICENT Center prospect, with a little tenderizing and marinating he'll be outstanding.

Hoyer certainly could be some nice trade bait, part of that depends how Mallett's progressing and who else we can get as a developmental QB. I'd love to find a way to pry Stanzi from KC and also get Kellen Moore as a practice squad guy who can hopefully be refined, displayed, and traded.

lavonte david- all time fav

michael floyd- the only receiver i liked more than him in the last few years was aj green

fletcher cox- is approaching my corey liuget craving status

demario davis- recently found him and reminds me of lavonte david

jeff fuller- i still like his skillset despite horrible season.

delano howell- i love his instincts. people knock his speed but I feel its adequate.

With Goldson franchised I'll have to add Barron to the list.

A true binky can't be grudgingly added. ;)

Well my first well rounded binky got franchised. I'm a documented Barron lover though. Welcome to the list stud.

Mark, how do you feel about being added to Merril Hoge's Tie Knot's binky list?
dm_120110_ncf_mark_barron_postgame.jpg

"There's no higher honor. It's an elite list."

My binkies, as they are every year:

The best available players at the positions of most need at the time of each of our picks.

A "beast" that was not even on the all-conference team, as voted by coaches, in a WEAK football conference (Conference USA).

To me he is the prototypical guy relying on the underwear olympics rather than on college production.

One of my binkies is Trumaine Johnson, DB from Montana

I'm more concerned about what he will be rather than what he was in college. There are scores of players who were all stars in college and stunk it up in the NFL.

Poe is raw, no one is disputing that, but after he has some time on the grill I think he is going to be a fearsome presence on whatever D-line he's in.

Well my first well rounded binky got franchised. I'm a documented Barron lover though. Welcome to the list stud.

Mark, how do you feel about being added to Merril Hoge's Tie Knot's binky list?
dm_120110_ncf_mark_barron_postgame.jpg

"There's no higher honor. It's an elite list."

I don't know Merril, he's not looking thrilled or honoured. He's probably thinking "Don't I have enough problems being obsessed over and stalked by Manxman. Don't need another one".

Last edited:
lavonte david- all time fav

michael floyd- the only receiver i liked more than him in the last few years was aj green

fletcher cox- is approaching my corey liuget craving status

demario davis- recently found him and reminds me of lavonte david

jeff fuller- i still like his skillset despite horrible season.

delano howell- i love his instincts. people knock his speed but I feel its adequate.

Lavonte David I like alot too. Every game I watch he is around the ball and making tackles.

From what I´ve heard is that he is a bit tiny so hes projected as a 3rd down WeaksideLB. Not sure when we should pick him up then.

Fletcher Cox
Jake Bequette
Marvin Jones
Malik Jackson
Shea McClennin
Kevin Zeitler
Quentin Saulsberry

The more film of Fletcher Cox I see the more I like him, and he also seems like he'll be within our range, unlike Brockers and Poe.

Ok so I always pick a Sooner being a Norman, OK resident.

I'm loving some Ryan Broyles. I hope his knee checks out and he is snatched up by us in the 3-4th round.

As far as the other OU players.... mainly the defensive ones.... I just don't think they will do much.

So yeah... don't care if Broyles makes sense or if there is a better candidate... it's a Binkie thread so sense need not apply.

Re: 2012 Draft Binkies - FIU WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida RB Chris Rainey, BC ILB Luke Kue

Ill bump this thread... maybe merge it with the other one..

Re: 2012 Draft Binkies - FIU WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida RB Chris Rainey, BC ILB Luke Kue

I never like to pick binkies that will likely go in the first 2 rounds. I'm more of a Round 3 to 5 binkie picker. My binkies haven't changed other than the addition of Massaqoui. In no particular order:

1. Brandon Taylor - Safety - LSU (The Unsung Hero of that Secondary)
2. Greg Childs - WR - Arkansas (At 220lbs he is The Man Child)
3. Jonathan Massaqoui - DE - Troy (Pass Rush University)

My binkies, as they are every year:

The best available players at the positions of most need at the time of each of our picks.

True binkies have to be more specific than that. After all, they pick you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back