PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Draft Binkies - FIU WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida RB Chris Rainey, BC ILB Luke Kuechly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are:

Jared Crick-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKVYAHmx9EU I mean watch how he controls the line where ever he is playing on it. Stands his guy up throws to side and attacks the ball. Nonstop motor. The best thing about that vid is if he cant get to the passer he gets his hands up! which is what i think we are missing from our championship teams.

Whitney Mercilus-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVBOcYWvYy8 I like him to play OLB in the 3-4. I just think he is so explosive off the ball and we need a pass rusher i would love to see him at 27. Him being compared to Aldon Smith is what i think has me so intrigued.

Tommy Streeter- 6"5 guy who can run a 4.4 i would love to see him day 2.

Harrison Smith- He is about the only db i really like. But i would take the first 2 guys i posted before him and pick up db in FA.

Fletcher Cox
Andre Branch
Tommy Streeter
Junior Hemmingway

We have made the mistake of drafting pure athletes for a deep threat before. Get some tall, physical receivers who run crisp routes. You can make up for slower 40 times with explosive breaks and good routes and knowledge of the game...both Criner and Sanu bring that to the table.

Binky Alert:
Greg Childs 6'3" 219 Arkansas Wide Receiver
"Hands: Soft, reliable hands. Shows the ability to extend and pluck outside of his frame. Can track the ball over his shoulder, though he likes to turn back to the ball when he can. Excellent concentration and good body control. Good arm length and hand strength to snatch passes high and wide, as well as slightly behind him. Capable of making tough grabs with defenders clinging to him. Good toughness to take a hit and hang on. Appears to possess a strong vertical to go along with his excellent size, though he doesn't often enough use each to his advantage. Has to do a better job of timing his leap and snatching the ball at its highest point against NFL-caliber cornerbacks.

Route running: While Childs lacks elite straight-line speed, he keeps defenders off-balance with savvy route-running. Changes gears and uses head/shoulder fakes to draw defenders. Has a quick burst to sneak downfield, especially if he feels them attempting to jump a short route. Can plant his foot in the ground and show some explosiveness out of his break to create separation. Uses his size and burst to easily gain freedom on slants, crossers and the variety of quick screens in this offense. Not often asked to run deep outs in this offense, but appears to have the balance and quick feet to successfully do so.

After the catch: Attacks the football. Doesn't wait for it to come to him, but rather goes to it, helping him build momentum to generate yardage after the catch. Is a load to bring down. Possesses good size and strength to run through arm tackles. Physical receiver who challenges defensive backs by lowering his shoulder and churning his feet. Some lateral agility to elude, though he's most effective due to his strength and surprising (for his size) acceleration. Long-strider with deceptive speed to sneak downfield for the deep ball. Good vision. Looks for teammates to help him and allows his blocks to set up rather than running past them prematurely. Good body control to tap his feet before going out of bounds.

Blocking: Takes his role as a blocker seriously. Shows good strength and effort blocking downfield, locking up the corner and working to seal his opponent from the action. Often sent in motion so he can provide a crack back block on an unsuspecting defensive end.

Intangibles: Impressed his coaching staff and teammates with his dedication in his rehabilitation from the torn patellar tendon. Refused to wear a knee brace during spring football and caught 13 passes for 210 yards and a 21-yard touchdown during three spring scrimmages. Unfortunately, appeared to be a shadow of his former self during the games that count … Good competitive fire for the position. Understands his role as a blocker in this offense and looks to help his teammates."

--By Rob Rang

I expect the Pats to acquire some later round picks during the draft. Here's a kid that seems to have top notch skills but suffered in 2011 because he came back too soon from a knee injury. Sounds to me like he's got the heart and desire. Pick him up, give him a year to really mend and learn the system on the practice squad... and then who knows, maybe our version of Marquise Colston? And Mallet should be able to provide the real info.

Comments?

Reminded me of another MLB/ILB I liked last year in Colin McCarthy (out of Miami) who was also somewhat short at 6'1" and fell to the 4th Round but proved to be productive for Tennessee.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

For me I like:
Andre Branch
Kendell Reyes
Audie Cole
Bob Massey

early
DL - fletcher cox
DL/LB - andre branch
LB - melvin ingram

late
DL/LB - jake bequette

very late/UDFA
OL - tom compton
OL - donald stephenson

1. Shea McClellin - olb/de - Boise St - More athletic Ninko.

2. Bernard Pierce - rb - Temple - We won't pick him. But, he's gonna play in the league.

3. Joe Adams - wr - Arkansas - good receiver, great return guy and deadly on reverses.

I don't pick elite prospects as binkies. But, Luck and DeCastro can play for my team anywhere. Anytime. Love these two luck videos. 2nd one is the hit on usc cb.

Andrew Luck nukes Cal defender on 58 yd run. Stanford v. Cal, Big Game Nov 20 2010 - YouTube

Stanford vs. USC-Andrew Luck Lays out Shareece Wright (Impressive tackle by QB) - YouTube

Here's some good stuff on DeCasro.

Andrew Luck nukes Cal defender on 58 yd run. Stanford v. Cal, Big Game Nov 20 2010 - YouTube

I'll go with an all combine hero cast:

Kendall Reyes
Audie Cole
Jake Bequette
Josh Robinson
Stephon Gilmore
Harrison Smith
Jarius Wright
Jeron McMillian

Greg Childs is my binky already. Get your own! I'd be OK with us taking him with one of our 2nd rounders. I think he's a poor mans Michael Floyd.

Greg Childs is my binky already. Get your own! I'd be OK with us taking him with one of our 2nd rounders. I think he's a poor mans Michael Floyd.

I haven't read immense amounts on him...what happened in 2011? I know he was Mallett's go-to guy at Arkansas but he got injured and had issues...now all of a sudden Joe Adams is getting the love!

I've seen some tape on him and from what I do see, I like. Considering I see us putting RM at the helm in 2015, it wouldn't hurt to have someone he has worked with in the past. Even if he falls and we take him in the lower rounds and have him develop with Mallett it could be win-win!

I think everyone was all over Joe Adams because of his "speed." Too bad the moron blabbed that he's shooting for a 4.2 and ended up running a 4.55 the first time and a 4.42 the second. Hierarchy of Arkansas WRs goes like this now if you ask me:

1. Childs
2. Wright
3. Adams

Juron Criner - This is my favorite binky ever...DRAFT THE BEAST!

Dontari Poe - An absolute BEAST...

A "beast" that was not even on the all-conference team, as voted by coaches, in a WEAK football conference (Conference USA).

To me he is the prototypical guy relying on the underwear olympics rather than on college production.

One of my binkies is Trumaine Johnson, DB from Montana

Dontari Poe - An absolute BEAST, what a physical speciman. He'd be a monster anywhere on a 3-4 or 4-3 D-line, yes, I'd put him at 4-3 DE, I think he could bullrush the hell out of the tackle on his way to the QB, that's not where I'd use him all the time but it could be done.

Coby Flenner - a wonderful TE/WR hybrid that will be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses and give TFB another well deserved target.

Snake, I love your binkies. No one expects BB to take a TE. Surprise! A former BB player with ups and about a 4.66 speed. He has a 19.6 TPC at 6'6" and 256lbs. Plays TE, WR H-Back and RB. Protection also against Hernandez or Gronk going down or future contract issues.

Poe would be super, but I go with Ingram who will be way gone...but....it has been said we lack an impact player on the D. This is the guy. A slightly bigger Bruschi is how I view him with more options. Can play DE,OLB,DT. 4.6 speed with 270lbs. 6'2" is probably taller than Bruschi, Mayo or Ted Johnson. We have ammunition to get to him. Would BB do that?

In both cases versatility. The BB mantra.

Ingram early with a trade up from #27+??? and Fleener at #31.

How about Seattle? If Hoyer is in play it may be a shot. They won't get to RG3 or Luck. Flynn is a Miami fit. Manning to Seatlle???...nyet!

How about #27 and Hoyer plus our fourth for Ingram at #12 if he is on the board and the Bills don't jump at Ingram. Fleener at #31 and a Corner or Safety in round 2 and a C/G late and it was a good day. We still need one FA WR (Wayne) and perhaps a cheaper DE/DT with some time to develop like Carriker with 5 sacks last year on the Skins. (Trumaine Johnson, Vin Curry, Philip Blake and it was a good Draft).

DW Toys

lolz at drafting a TE in the 1st two rounds for insurance.

Fletcher Cox
Jake Bequette
Marvin Jones
Malik Jackson
Shea McClennin
Kevin Zeitler
Quentin Saulsberry

lolz at drafting a TE in the 1st two rounds for insurance.

Different kind of "insurance": viz., that the Pats would still be able to run the 2-TE set if one of them goes down with an injury—but even if none of them were injured, all three of them could be used (together, even) on game days.

I think everyone was all over Joe Adams because of his "speed." Too bad the moron blabbed that he's shooting for a 4.2 and ended up running a 4.55 the first time and a 4.42 the second. Hierarchy of Arkansas WRs goes like this now if you ask me:

1. Childs
2. Wright
3. Adams

He ran 4.42 official on his second? I'm happy with that. He was never a 4.2 guy on tape but he sure as hell isn't a 4.5 guy either.

I like Adams more than Wright because he's a little taller and can play outside, and because he is a better return guy. I'd do like all the Arkansas guys though.

1. Mercilus, DE/OLB
2. Fleming, CB
3. McClellin, OLB
4. Irvin, OLB
5. Randle, WR

1. Childs
2. Wright
3. Adams

Wow didn't know Arkansas was sporting three WR's in the Draft.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back