PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 and so it begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get assigned for training camp reporting this year?

That year seemed somewhat light.

Maybe, it's time for a collection.

Last year was a little light in that type of coverage. I think it was a combination of coming out of the lock out and Mrs. B. didn't go as often, if memory serves right. Hopefully this year Mrs. B returns and/or others step up to fill that significant void.

3 days until vet players report
4 days until training camp starts...

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready to use up some of your sick time!

:rocker:

3 days until vet players report
4 days until training camp starts...

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready to use up some of your sick time!

:rocker:

Im going August 3rd, my first time EVER at Patriots training camp. I am planning on taking notes and reporting what I saw. I will be keying in on the defense more than offense, but I really want to see what kind of chemistry Brady and Lloyd has built during the offseason!

Who's bringing the Patsfans.com sign so everyone can put a face to a name here? :cool:

July 19th, 2012.
Yes, I know the season has already officially begun, however we are now at the point where things start to really start to pick up!
All rookies are signed, and rookies arrive at Gillette today and begin the process of acclimation and training camp.
In one week the veterans (most of them) will join them, and camp opens to the public.
In 3 weeks the first preseason game against the Saints is played. Granted it's preseason and the teams usually play vanilla, but at least we get to see the team in it's development against another NFL squad.

I can't wait!

May this season be all that you hope that it is and more! Cheers!
Heres hoping the the pats are as good on the field as they are on paper. :rocker:

I'm psyched for the Patriots and see this as the start of another run where they win multiple Super Bowls, but it goes beyond the Patriots this year for me. usually my focus is on the Patriots and I don't pay nearly as much attention to the rest of the league as I once did, however this season I see all sorts of things to look for around the league that intrigue me.

1) Do the Patriots turn into a dominant team and does the defense turn into one of the better units in the league? Do they win another Lombardi?

2) The jets. Do they really come unglued and fall apart? Does the Sanchez/Tebow controversy erupt and screw them? Is Rex still head coach after the season?

3)The Bills. Do they overtake the jets and grab a WC this season? Does the Mario Williams acquisition make a big difference?

4) Pittsburgh/Baltimore, who wins the North and does one of them miss the play-offs? Does Cincy get back to the play-offs?

5) Indy and Luck, how does he survive the season intact, they really suck?

6) Does Houston continue to improve and make hay in the play-offs?

7) Who wins the West, and how does Manning fare against that schedule? Does Romeo get the Chefs in the play-offs?

8) NFC East, who comes out on top, do the Giants get back to the play-offs? Do Philly and Dallas fail again, does Washington get better with RG III?

9) NFC north, possible the best divisional battle in football, the North will be watchable for the first time in years.

10) NFC South. The drama of the Saints and how they handle all the suspensions. Can anyone capitalize on their problems. Can the falcons step up and do the other 2 compete.

11) The 49ers and Randy Moss. Can they repeat last year's performance and which form does Moss return to, great Randy or problem child with limited shelf life?

Can't wait to watch this all play out.

NFC some other time.

Health is the key to what kind of season they have. I have no doubts as to their abilities.

Health is the key to what kind of season they have. ...

No doubt and as always. Also no doubt that injuries will come. The good news: This team is loaded with depth that should help them get over any except the most catastrophic (personnel-wise) of injuries.

I would love to see them go thru the season without having to start a Julian Edelman at CB or S !!

I would love to see them go thru the season without having to start a Julian Edelman at CB or S !!

What about just in garbage time while blowing teams out? I wouldn't mind seeing that 19 times.

Whoever returns punts, I just hope we see a I'd a lot of them doing just that at about the 50 yard line! I'm hoping to see the D to get stronger, faster, and all around better this season. C'mon Bill- make it happen!

I want football

Less than 3 days until camp starts! I know it's not games, but it's still gonna be awesome!

I wonder who's name we'll be talking about in 2-3 weeks that nobody is talking about now? And I mean this in a good way.

So the rookies who are there now (early) ... what do they do until camp actually opens? Are they doing any drills? Or is it pretty much orientation/classroom/working out?

Can't wait to see the CB-WR drills in action. It's going to be the kids vs. the veterans.

Mccourty-Welker

Dowling-Lloyd

Arrington-Gaffney

Moore-Branch

Dennard-Stallworth

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the CB-WR drills in action. It's going to be the kids vs. the veterans.

Mccourty-Welker

Dowling-Lloyd

Arrington-Gaffney

Moore-Branch

Dennard-Stallworth

You forgot Edelman-Slater :eek:

So the rookies who are there now (early) ... what do they do until camp actually opens? Are they doing any drills? Or is it pretty much orientation/classroom/working out?

Patriots Today - Rookies report to Foxboro

According to the video on Patriots.com (above) they say that it's an orientation and acclimation period. I would guess that they spend a lot of time in the playbooks and weight room as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes