PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012-2013 Season Thread

Quoting myself

I wouldn't count on it. That was the game of a lifetime for Green. Without it, the Celtics would have been blown off the court by 20+ points.

I wouldn't count on it. That was the game of a lifetime for Green. Without it, the Celtics would have been blown off the court by 20+ points.

Or if they would actually call Lebron for a travel or offensive foul everytime he lowers his shoulder and as they call it "over powers the opponent" but it's really the same thing that shaq would get called for an offensive foul....It is a joke how they let Lebron get away with anything he wants including hanging on the rim for at least 5 seconds after he dunks the ball with noone else around....Anyone else that is a technical....You have to give props to Green for how he is starting to be more aggressive and turn into the player he can be....Do I think that he will shoot that well from 3 for the rest of the season? no...but he does have the capabilities to take over on the floor and put up around 20 a game which will be huge off the bench...Just keep thinking the heat are invincible so when they don't win the title then I will be back to let you know about it...

Or if they would actually call Lebron for a travel or offensive foul everytime he lowers his shoulder and as they call it "over powers the opponent" but it's really the same thing that shaq would get called for an offensive foul....It is a joke how they let Lebron get away with anything he wants including hanging on the rim for at least 5 seconds after he dunks the ball with noone else around....Anyone else that is a technical....You have to give props to Green for how he is starting to be more aggressive and turn into the player he can be....Do I think that he will shoot that well from 3 for the rest of the season? no...but he does have the capabilities to take over on the floor and put up around 20 a game which will be huge off the bench...Just keep thinking the heat are invincible so when they don't win the title then I will be back to let you know about it...

It's called driving. Lots of people do it. Pierce used to do it. So did Jordan. Durant does it. Kobe does it. But LeBron is he only one that should get a foul? Got it. And you said the same thing about the Heat not winning a title last year. How did that turn out? :D

The season has come to an end and one which many saw coming. As always, the Celtics fought it out but age and a lack of talent ultimately shone through. We should remember the contributions of our elder C's as it's time for Ainge to be ruthless and rip apart the current team and begin by rebuilding around Rondo, Green and hopefully an Al Jefferson type.

The 2013/2014 Celtics are, IMO, going to be a very different outfit to what we've seen in the past few seasons. There's no room for sentiment now. Lead us back to the promised land Danny.

I think after 8 years Doc Rivers is now an average coach. But you could see in this series how he still isn't a great offensive, defensive, or rebounding coach. He benefitted from having the Big Three, 3 hall of famers with high IQ's and elite talents at their craft, plus a top5 coach in Thibideau as assistant for a few years.

I think after 8 years Doc Rivers is now an average coach. But you could see in this series how he still isn't a great offensive, defensive, or rebounding coach. He benefitted from having the Big Three, 3 hall of famers with high IQ's and elite talents at their craft, plus a top5 coach in Thibideau as assistant for a few years.

I wouldn't trade Spoelstra for him, but if Spoelstra were to ever go full ****** and leave the Heat, I would love for Doc to coach my team.

every coach that's ever coached benefits from great players. no coach can win a title without all star players. doc is one of the best coaches in the league period.

every coach that's ever coached benefits from great players. no coach can win a title without all star players. doc is one of the best coaches in the league period.

Doc is not a terrible coach but he's around average. Spoelstra is a significantly better coach than Doc. Before the Big Three ever joined, look at the 2 years prior at the Heat. They were one of the worst teams ever, a lottery team. Spoelstra comes in, before the Big Three, and that season with the same roster they made the playoffs. Pretty impressive and all before LeBron + Bosh. Thibideau is also a much better coach than Doc. Thibs just won a playoff series without DRose, with Deng in the ER, Hinrich out, Robinson and Gibson sick, Noah with plantar fascitis, against an excellent Nets team with home court advantage.
I honestly think that with a better coach, the Celtics would have won more than 1 title with the Big Three over 6 years.

doc is a EXCELLENT! coach. one of the best the league has. we will have to agree to disagree.

time to bump the douche thread

Doc is about to take his talents to the Clip Joint. What does every one think about the latest deal being kicked around???

Doc and Garnett
for
Deandre Jordan and multiple 1st rd picks.

that is the latest

Doc is about to take his talents to the Clip Joint. What does every one think about the latest deal being kicked around???

Doc and Garnett
for

that is the latest
ive lost a lot of respect for doc. he signs a 5 year deal then bails on it when things get tough. and all his talk about being a celtic for life. what a joke that is. if he cant win here now with kg and pp I don't know why he thinks things will be different out there. either way the Celtics aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. with or without doc kg and pp. thankfully the bruins look to be very good for years to come and will keep us entertained with championship dreams.

Doc and Garnett
for

that is the latest

I think there needs to be another quality player in the deal - my preference is Bledsoe and flip Rondo (though it may be better to let Rondo heal and get better value for him)

Those first round picks won't be worth squat if the Clippers are halfway decent

ive lost a lot of respect for doc. he signs a 5 year deal then bails on it when things get tough. and all his talk about being a celtic for life. what a joke that is. if he cant win here now with kg and pp I don't know why he thinks things will be different out there. either way the Celtics aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. with or without doc kg and pp. thankfully the bruins look to be very good for years to come and will keep us entertained with championship dreams.

Yeah - all that rhetoric does seem pretty hollow and shallow now

That being said, if a coach or player aren't willing to commit to a rebuilding program, I'm not sure I want them.

Having Doc locked up may get the team something of value in return - so we'll see.

i say we need to get something for those guys before it is too late. Now that Doc has showed his hand, he is not coming back to coach the Celtics next year. No Doc, then no KG as far as i can see. KG and PP only have a year or two left in the league and if a team wants to give up a nice package for them, then i say pull the trigger.

Even if the 1st rounders from the Clippers will be low round picks, cant we can still package them with our 1st rd pick to move up even further? A couple of years of moving up will yield some pretty good players as we rebuild.

get something now for KG and PP or watch them retire and we are left with holes

i say we need to get something for those guys before it is too late. Now that Doc has showed his hand, he is not coming back to coach the Celtics next year. No Doc, then no KG as far as i can see. KG and PP only have a year or two left in the league and if a team wants to give up a nice package for them, then i say pull the trigger.

Even if the 1st rounders from the Clippers will be low round picks, cant we can still package them with our 1st rd pick to move up even further? A couple of years of moving up will yield some pretty good players as we rebuild.

get something now for KG and PP or watch them retire and we are left with holes

the first one to blink loses,

I've been saying for a while that the Celtics need to part ways with Pierce and Garnett. That package would be very good compensation. Jordan and Sullinger (pending health) would make for a solid and young front court.

I've been saying for a while that the Celtics need to part ways with Pierce and Garnett. That package would be very good compensation. Jordan and Sullinger (pending health) would make for a solid and young front court.
It should be obvious to most people that the current composition of the Celtics is not championship caliber. I'm more than happy for Ainge to look to the future and bring in a hungry Head Coach if that's what is needed.

I love everything Rivers, Pierce and Garnett have done and if the Clippers believe they can keep Chris Paul and challenge for the 2013/2014 NBA Championship then it's in the interests of both teams to make this happen sooner than later. Los Angeles gets their high quality coach and savvy veterans, Boston looks to the future. For me, it's a win-win.

chris paul is a soon to be free agent. the pressure for the clippers is if they don't do this trade they risk losing paul. that's why if im danny I hold out for Bledsoe. its a risk but one I would take. first one to blink loses.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back