PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 NFL Scouting Combine News & Notes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prospects i am eager to see combine results.
Hankerson-I still think he willl be a steal.
J.J Watt
Justin Houston

Woo HOO!!! :rocker:

It STARTS.

Castanzo's looking VERY nimble.

I kinda like Ray Dominguez's Processing Speed, there...

Gilbert commands a great Core.

Gravitational Integrity is KEY.

Adam Grant was Hard To Watch.

But, then: That's why he's graded so low.

Carimi, of course, phucked up BIG TIME.

It was interesting to watch.

He gets a lot of props for his Tape against Clayborn and Heyward...and not without merit.

But I give more credit to Moffitt, on those...

I dont think it will knock him out of the top 10 but it could knock him out of the top 3. If BB thinks he's finally the answer at OLB, I'd love to trade Mankins and Meriweather to Dallas for their 1st, and trade up to 5 with Arizona to take Bowers.

Two Pro Bowlers and one of or our first 4 picks? Isn't that a bit excessive?

Plus you have to pay Bowers. Eric Berry, taken in the 5th spot last year, signed for 6 years, $60M, $34M guaranteed, which exceeds even Mankins's wildest dreams.

If there's a low-cost opportunity like the Jets had to move up to 5 for Sanchez (1st, 3rd, a few JAGs and Abram Elam), then it might make sense.

Two Pro Bowlers and one of or our first 4 picks? Isn't that a bit excessive?

Plus you have to pay Bowers. Eric Berry, taken in the 5th spot last year, signed for 6 years, $60M, $34M guaranteed, which exceeds even Mankins's wildest dreams.

If there's a low-cost opportunity like the Jets had to move up to 5 for Sanchez (1st, 3rd, a few JAGs and Abram Elam), then it might make sense.

Might be able to get Arizona's #5 for Mankins, Hoyer and TBC.

Watching the OL run the 40 now ... like watching paint dry.

He gets a lot of props for his Tape against Clayborn and Heyward...and not without merit.

Didn't see it. What happened?

While I like your thinking, Hoyer is essentially untradable at this point.

Didn't see it. What happened?

Lost his footing. Got ahead of himself and fell on his face!!

I like Carimi, though: I don't place too much emphasis on one screw up.

I could be talked into that deal. With no CBA, we can't trade players for picks anyways. But as a pure hypothetical, I would treat that as equal value.

My guess is Arizona would want a draft pick though. Maybe substitute #28 for Mankins, as G isn't a huge need for the Cardinals. They trade down 23 spots, pick up a QB who could start for them and a pass rusher.

One concern would be our QB depth chart, which could be considered low even with Hoyer. Then again, if Brady can't play, our SB odds are pretty much shot anyways. And we'd have to trim a bit to stay under the cap with Mankins franchise tag or the #5 pick, let alone both.

Lost his footing. Got ahead of himself and fell on his face!!

I like Carimi, though: I don't place too much emphasis on one screw up.

A "Combine Faceplant"? Cool! Was he at least laughing when he picked himself up?

I could be talked into that deal. With no CBA, we can't trade players for picks anyways. But as a pure hypothetical, I would treat that as equal value.

My guess is Arizona would want a draft pick though. Maybe substitute #28 for Mankins, as G isn't a huge need for the Cardinals. They trade down 23 spots, pick up a QB who could start for them and a pass rusher.

One concern would be our QB depth chart, which could be considered low even with Hoyer. Then again, if Brady can't play, our SB odds are pretty much shot anyways. And we'd have to trim a bit to stay under the cap with Mankins franchise tag or the #5 pick, let alone both.

IDK, Lutui and Faneca are both FAs unless they re-signed since I last checked a couple weeks ago. Faneca is old and may have been showing his age a bit last season. Apparently running to his side was somewhat problematic.

Anyway, they'd get a ProBowl OG in his prime plus the other two players. Maybe we'd have to kick in a later pick, like the #60 or #74, to seal the deal, but it seems like a fairly low risk proposition for the Cards.

Yikes, Watkins somewhat slow and unable to jump high. of course, the 10 yard splits are more important, so we're waiting.

The center out of Syracuse Bartholomew is very fast, very strong and can jump really high. 6'1" 302 pounds, 33 3/4 arms, 34 reps of 225 pounds, 4.93 40 and a 1.63 10 yard split which is the best so far.

Watkins, by comparison, 6'3" 310, 34 1/4, 29 reps, 5.40 40, 7'7" standing jump, below a lot of the 9 foot jumps posted. Some guys can jump two feet higher than him. Is that a sign of explosiveness? If he has a bad 10 yard split time, I'd say Watkins may be dropping because of his combine performance so far.

Carimi and Castonzo are very similar in all their measurements.

I want to know why Ijalana decided not to bench press.

Check out this monster out of S. Carolina: Jarriel King
6'5" 317, 36 3/8 arm length (what is he? Inspector Gadget?), 10 3/4 hands (huge), 5.09 (among the fastest times), 9'6" (highest standing jump)

Willie Smith of E. Carolina had a slow 40 at 5.50. Waiting on his 10 yard split.

Nate Solder fast at 5.09.

PSU center Wisniewski solid numbers all around:
6'3" 313, 30 reps of 225 (among the best), 5.26 40 (could be a little better if you compare to Bartholomew and Pouncey at 5.12). Still waiting on Wiz's 10 yard split.

While I like your thinking, Hoyer is essentially untradable at this point.

Not sure why. He's demonstrated probably as much competence as most of the QB prospects in this class, plus he has two years' NFL experience understudying Brady (whose last understudy turned out okay). Might be more than one team in dire need of a QB who'd think they have a better chance with Hoyer for the equivalent of a 3rd or even a 2nd. Shanahan, for instance, saw him in camp not long ago. Between him and Crazy Dan Snyder, there might be a deal for Hoyer to be had there.

Am I the only one who's been impressed by Derek Sherrod?

I know that being quick is one of his selling points but wow. He's quick, nimble, and has good footwork....of course I haven't seen much of him in games but that's why they have the combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back