PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Mock Draft Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current list of things that are not fun right now:

1. Being the Pats GM in this mock with #17 approaching.
:bricks:

I wanted to get some help on the defensive line for Chris Long and I agree with VJCPatriot I'm going with the safer more polished player and I believe this young man will be a star in the league he reminds me of Richard Seymour.

Last edited:
My big board looks exactly like Kim Kardasians now with this run on defense.

Who needs a drink?

jsull87 you have your pick chiefs or skins?

I debated this pick a little between Kerrigan and Aldon Smith but decided to go with the safer more polished player who fills a need.

Just curious how Kerrigan fills a need at OLB for the Texans when they are moving back to the 3-4. They already have a couple players to move back to OLB in Mark Anderson and Connor Barwin. They could also move Cushing to OLB with Diles and Ryans inside.

Doesn't seem like a fit to me..

Just curious how Kerrigan fills a need at OLB for the Texans when they are moving back to the 3-4. They already have a couple players to move back to OLB in Mark Anderson and Connor Barwin. They could also move Cushing to OLB with Diles and Ryans inside.

Doesn't seem like a fit to me..

Neither of those players is good enough to make me pass on a top passrusher. 2 of the best corners off the board and none of those guys you mentioned is a real stud OLB who can get you those 8-12 sacks a season. I'm already planning on Cushing outside and Kerrigan outside. Move the less athletic guys inside. Not saying those other guys are stiffs but I don't see them ever becoming close to elite. More like nice backups. I also see Kerrigan as having the flexibility to stay on the field when the Texans flip looks from 4-3 to 3-4 in the same series to create confusion. Definitely a fit for the Texans.

Why haven't the Pats picked yet? I know it sucks to miss out on Watt and Jordan taken back to back before you but there are plenty of players left.

Last edited:
I'm off to work. It looks like my Eagles are picking 7th today. I just don't have it in me to line up that many picks at this hour to pass off to a commish... I'll be back @ 4:00 PM to make my pick.

ps
I'm not getting married in june, but I have a Birthday. Can I still play?

Last edited:
This pick was agony. Most of who I wanted to decide between at 17 were off the board. It came down to 3 players and I took the player who honestly I felt was the worst "value" at 17 but at the end of the day (say like Mayock) I felt we needed to address the pass rush and Smith fits a huge need, now I just hope he is up to task as a conversion to OLB.

The Chargers are on the clock.

Let the pelting with sharpened rocks and Beiber cd's begin!

I like it. Finally a pass rusher!

Well in my hungoverness I screwed up getting a pic in there, so if you could maybe plug one in of old Aldon for the fans I would greatly appreciate it.:rocker:

Last edited:
I'm off to work. It looks like my Eagles are picking 7th today. I just don't have it in me to line up that many picks at this hour to pass off to a commish... I'll be back @ 4:00 PM to make my pick.

I'll be interested in seeing who Philly takes now that Andy Reid has been quoted saying that DE Brandon Graham may not be ready to come back until 2012 from his ACL injury that happened in December.

Just picked Cam Heyward.

Was toying with Clayborn but I see Childhood nerve injury and think "hmmmmmmm"

Well in my hungoverness I screwed up getting a pic in there, so if you could maybe plug one in of old Aldon for the fans I would greatly appreciate it.:rocker:

Not a big fan of Aldon. He had a down year this year and he would be a project at OLB. I don't think BB is willing pick a guy that high who he doesn't see starting right away.

well no response from jsull87 therefore I will remain the GM for KC

Not a big fan of Aldon. He had a down year this year and he would be a project at OLB. I don't think BB is willing pick a guy that high who he doesn't see starting right away.

I agree with you whole heartedly. I didn't want to take him at 17 but I felt the drop off after him was significant. I was struggling with Costonzo and Ingram there, didn't like any of them at 17.

Wanted to get Tampa someone on the defensive line, but thought a guy like Ingram is too good to pass up at 20. He'd make a great tandem with Blount while providing Freeman & the Buccaneers a better 3rd down back option.

Last edited:
Wanted to get Tampa someone on the defensive line, but thought a guy like Ingram is too good to pass up at 20. He'd make a great tandem with Blount while providing Freeman & the Buccaneers a better 3rd down back option.

I like the pick. There will be guys they can get at DE in the 2nd-3rd rounds.
Too many people have Ingram only going 1 or 2 places. He's better than Ryan Matthews imo because he plays in a much tougher conference and SD traded up to take him last year.

I like the pick. There will be guys they can get at DE in the 2nd-3rd rounds.
Too many people have Ingram only going 1 or 2 places. He's better than Ryan Matthews imo because he plays in a much tougher conference and SD traded up to take him last year.

Aldon Smith is just too raw to risk such a high pick on. Unfortunately, he may not contribute until 2-3 years down the road. Also considering that Watt, Jordan, and now Heyward are all off the board, Irish has to sweat it out and hope that the last good DE doesn't get scooped before 28 or he will be really screwed as far as getting a quality defensive end. Who can they now 'get' in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that are anywhere near to contributing if the DE who shall not be named is also taken before then?

Ingram for the Bucs. Why? Blount just put up 1k yards right and you're drafting Ingram as a 3rd down back? Say huh. A 1st round pick on a 3rd down back doesn't make sense unless he is Reggie Bush and even then the value is questionable if he is used as such.

#28 is going to be an interesting pick for the Pats. I could easily see 3 quality OLB prospects and others available there or at #33. DE? Let's hope but I won't hold my breath. Depending on how the board falls, Irish might be forced to take a WR. o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back