PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Mock Draft Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang that is a huge pic of Alex Green.

I thought the WR I drafted for the Texans would be gone in the 4th! Really surprised to see him last this long. He's also got a dance routine that's pretty funny. Skip ahead to the 2:45 mark to check it out. Will those moves translate to the football field? :D

Last edited:
TriplecHamp delete your post and make another selection. DeAndre McDaniels was selected in the 3rd round by the St. Louis Rams. I have sent you messages every where I can and I will have to make your selection in 15 minutes if you don't make the change thanks.

Last edited:
If the Tampa Bay GM has not made the selection by 4:30 pm EST I will.

Last edited:
Damn you, Joe.. that was gonna be my next pick for Tennessee... Love the kid.

Damn you, Joe.. that was gonna be my next pick for Tennessee... Love the kid.

He would have been a Colt if the Bucs didn't select him. He's pretty much only a fit for a Tampa 2 defense.

Hard to believe that we are waiting on Bakes...

sorry for the delay guys. I'm on my prewedding honeymoon in Puerto Rico, but I think we got the internet working now.

hasta la vista :D

Just wanted all GM's to know since its getting later in the draft to cut down on the chance of duplicate picks to do the following before you make your selection.

(1) Go to the search this thread tab and click on it

(2) Type in the players name correctly and press go.

(3) Or just look over the selections carefully whatever works best for you

If anyone else has thoughts on this please add your suggestions.

Last edited:
Well this should kick up some discussion, I really have been looking forward to some overall feedback and in the past the heavy hitters always wait for the Pats GM to finish before assessing so I anticipate and Uncle Heatster sighting. Maybe even and Uncle Rico sighting as well for that matter.

:rocker:The New England Patriots 2011 mock game haul:rocker:

17. A. Smith OLB: I have said this was a tough pick for me and if I could have in the game I would have moved down, or even up. However, I took a pass rusher and an OLB, it was long overdue.

28. M. Willkerson DE: My favorite pick. I felt fine about taking Smith at 17 once Wilkerson dropped to 28, I actually almost went Wilk at 17. In all of my research I like him the best after Dareus for our DL and scheme.

33. D. Watkins G: I understand he is an old rookie. If we don't sign Mankins this guy is 2 years younger and by all intents and purposes seems like he could step in right away if he had to. Like the research on Mankins I enjoyed the word "mean" constantly surfacing.

60. S. Veeren RB: Ingram is my binky and was alluring at 17, but I got my second favorite back in the draft, a bit sooner than I wanted, but I had to play the draft as it was shaking out. The more I studied the more I think this guy fits.

74. E. Gates WR: I like the value at this spot and I dig this receiver, I was happy overall with this pick at 74.

92. D. Mims OT: Before we started this I didn't know who this dude was. I really thought a tackle or two would fall to me and they got drafted, it was a heavy round for OL, then as I studied this guy jumped out at me, I don't think it is impossible for this to ultimately be my best overall pick. He would prob be better suited at RT moving Seabass over.

125. T. Barnes C: I think in a few years with Dante all up on him he could play all 3 interior line spots. Big agile fella. I really thought Fusco would get gobbled up and I didn't want to take him this high so I went with the best OL available in my humble opinion. In hindsight do I wish I took Cortez Allen here? Yes, yes I do.

159. C. Marsh CB: A sleeper of mine. I have seen this guy live and he is certainly going to be a project, probably a few years away from being impacting but everything that you can't coach, this guy has, look him up.

193. J. Jarrett FS: I had one goal in this draft. Get two guys from Temple and then talk like Bill Cosby for an hour. :pKidding. Another sleeper but what are you gonna do at 193 I don't think I am alone in my championing of this guy, especially this late in the draft.

SO: OLB, DE, G, RB, WR, OT, C/G, CB, S

I really had a lot of fun doing this but man was a stressed at points, my OCD plus blurring my reality into thinking these were really our picks drove me nuts, maybe next year I will take the Seahawks or something.

Let me have it!

Well this should kick up some discussion, I really have been looking forward to some overall feedback and in the past the heavy hitters always wait for the Pats GM to finish before assessing so I anticipate and Uncle Heatster sighting. Maybe even and Uncle Rico sighting as well for that matter.

17. A. Smith OLB: I have said this was a tough pick for me and if I could have in the game I would have moved down, or even up. However, I took a pass rusher and an OLB, it was long overdue.

28. M. Willkerson DE: My favorite pick. I felt fine about taking Smith at 17 once Wilkerson dropped to 28, I actually almost went Wilk at 17. In all of my research I like him the best after Dareus for our DL and scheme.

33. D. Watkins G: I understand he is an old rookie. If we don't sign Mankins this guy is 2 years younger and by all intents and purposes seems like he could step in right away if he had to. Like the research on Mankins I enjoyed the word "mean" constantly surfacing.

60. S. Veeren RB: Ingram is my binky and was alluring at 17, but I got my second favorite back in the draft, a bit sooner than I wanted, but I had to play the draft as it was shaking out. The more I studied the more I think this guy fits.

74. E. Gates WR: I like the value at this spot and I dig this receiver, I was happy overall with this pick at 74.

92. D. Mims OT: Before we started this I didn't know who this dude was. I really thought a tackle or two would fall to me and they got drafted, it was a heavy round for OL, then as I studied this guy jumped out at me, I don't think it is impossible for this to ultimately be my best overall pick. He would prob be better suited at RT moving Seabass over.

125. T. Barnes C: I think in a few years with Dante all up on him he could play all 3 interior line spots. Big agile fella. I really thought Fusco would get gobbled up and I didn't want to take him this high so I went with the best OL available in my humble opinion. In hindsight do I wish I took Cortez Allen here? Yes, yes I do.

159. C. Marsh CB: A sleeper of mine. I have seen this guy live and he is certainly going to be a project, probably a few years away from being impacting but everything that you can't coach, this guy has, look him up.

193. J. Jarrett FS: I had one goal in this draft. Get two guys from Temple and then talk like Bill Cosby for an hour. :pKidding. Another sleeper but what are you gonna do at 193 I don't think I am alone in my championing of this guy, especially this late in the draft.

I really had a lot of fun doing this but man was a stressed at points, my OCD plus blurring my reality into thinking these were really our picks drove me nuts, maybe next year I will take the Seahawks or something.

Let me have it!

Watkins - at 27, you have to KNOW he's going to step in right away. If it's not a 99.9% probability, you don't make the pick..

Vereen - I think that he's more of a Kevin Faulk/Danny Woodhead type back than someone who is going to spell BJGE on a regular basis. He's a cut back runner. Not a north/south bruiser. I think you reached for him here and he'd have been available later.

Gates - No qualms with him.

Mims - He's a guy that man places have as a 6th round or later pick. Taking him in the 3rd round is a huge reach. Even for the Pats.

Jarrett was a steal where you got him.

Marsh - I never like read that a guy has trouble locating the ball... Especially as a corner.. But as late as you took him, he does offer up value.

Vereen - I think that he's more of a Kevin Faulk/Danny Woodhead type back than someone who is going to spell BJGE on a regular basis. He's a cut back runner. Not a north/south bruiser. I think you reached for him here and he'd have been available later.

Where do you get that Vereen is a cut back runner?

Positives: Above average speed, can get to the corner... Very stout build... Does a great job holding onto the football... Versatile player who can contribute in a number of ways... Surprisingly strong, runs through a good amount of arm tackles... Runs very low to the ground... Has a good center of gravity, hard to bring down... Gets a lot of comparisons to Ray Rice for his size and style of play... Patient runner, waits for his blockers... Good hands out of the backfield... Runs excellent routes, has run plays out of the slot before... An explosive kick returner... Solid north/south runner who prefers to get up field than dance around... Strong upper body, led all running backs with 31 reps of 225 pounds at the combine.

Let me have it!

A. Smith - I agree with Mike Mayock and believe he is a 4-3 DE only. I would have gone with an OT here or Pouncey.

Wilkerson - Love it. I don't think he will be there at 28 and could see him go as early as 14 to the Rams.

Watkins - Since there were no trades somewhat stuck in a bind here. I think he's late 2nd material.

Vereen - Love it My #2 RB in the draft.

Gates - I don't think they will draft a WR this year. They have Welker, Branch, Tate, Edleman, and Price already with Slater the 6th WR/ST guy. Price will get a chance and showed flashes of what he is capable of in the last game of the reg season.

Mims, Barnes, - A little early. I think there was good value at DB somewhere in there although you did land Marsh and Jarrett later. 4th-7th rounds are really a crap shoot.

I would like to ask CanadianPat'sFan or SirApropos to make the Carolina selection if that GM has not made their selection at 8 pm est time. We need to get this draft moving again and I have sent that GM a
message that they're on the clock. So whichever one of you are online at that time feel free to make the pick. So you two GM's talk by PM and come up with a good selection for that team. Thanks for your help. Hopefully the Carolina GM will make the selection sooner and we don't have to come to that point.

I would like to ask CanadianPat'sFan or SirApropos to make the Carolina selection if that GM has not made their selection at 8 pm est time. We need to get this draft moving again and I have sent that GM a
message that they're on the clock. So whichever one of you are online at that time feel free to make the pick. So you two GM's talk by PM and come up with a good selection for that team. Thanks for your help. Hopefully the Carolina GM will make the selection sooner and we don't have to come to that point.

I should be on then to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots