PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Interactive Mock Draft Game Team Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just send your picks to Bakes781 during the day time hours from 9 am to 5pm and Broadwayjoe during the evening hours and we will take care of your pick for you. Just put the players in what order you would like to select them. Example from last year if you are looking for a quarterback and Sam Bradford has been selected.

!)Tim Tebow
2)Colt McCoy
3)Jimmy Clausen
4) Tony Pike

That's cool, i'm normally awake until gone midnight UK time anyway, so should be here for my picks.

2011 7 ROUND MOCK DRAFT

OFFICIAL START TIME & DATE - Monday March 21 at 8:00 AM EDT

DO NOT MENTION UNDRAFTED PLAYERS IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD MOCK DRAFT AREA OF THIS FORUM

THAT IS THE PRIMARY RULE

THE REST OF THE RULES

1. Between the Hours of 8 AM and 12 MIDNITE each GM has up to two hours to submit his pick, but that does not mean he has to take all two hours ... the faster you can make the pick, the sooner we can keep the process moving

2. The clock stops at 12 MIDNITE and restarts again at 8 AM, so if you go OTC at oh say, 10 PM, you will have until 8 AM the next morning to submit your pick, that would equal two hours in total when the clock is active

3. You may continue to submit picks after 12 MIDNITE, that just means the clock is inactive, but you may continue to submit picks if it's your turn and you're still awake ... in fact, please do!

4. If your pick is approaching and you realize you may not be available to make the pick in a timely fashion, or make the pick at all, it is your responsibility to find a poster you can rely on to submit the pick on your behalf ... you can either send him your picks via PM or simply allow him to make the choice as he sees fit, but the responsibility is YOURS (Commissioner Broadwayjoe will be available in the evenings from 6-10 pm and Co-Commissioner Bakes781 will be available in the daytime from 9 am-5 pm if you need someone to send a PM to in fact I encourage you to do that and on the weekends send your picks to Broadwayjoe)

5. Anyone who misses their 1st RD Pick will automatically be replaced by an alternate GM. Missed Picks and/or habitually taking too much time and slowing down the draft to a crawl will also result in banishment from this mock draft

6. Newbie’s don't get a second chance ... you have to prove you can be trusted to keep the commitment because right now it's a guessing game ... so one missed pick and YOU'RE OUT

7. Let's keep it fun ... we're all adults here, we know where the line is crossed between good natured ribbing and mean-spirited personal attacks .. a little trash talk is fine, but personal attacks will not be tolerated

8. Make sure your PM's are activated and your mailbox is not maxed out so we can send OTC (On the Clock) alerts

9. After you submit your pick, please post an OTC for the following GM/Team and PM that GM an OTC alert as well ... DO NOT wait for someone else to do it .. this is by far the most important rule in regards to keeping the draft moving at a steady pace and every GM must comply

10. If the clock expires on a GM, the first MOCK GM to submit a pick for that team stands, but you cannot submit a pick for that team if your own selection is one of the proceeding five picks .. but if that GM is being replaced we will let the new/alternate GM start by submitting that pick .. if someone else "wants in" and the alternates are not available, we can give the team to that poster who "really" wants to participate for the remainder of the draft and not just to submit that pick

11. If you are on the board when you are OTC, and you split without submitting your pick, clock or no clock that is grounds for immediate dismissal

12. NO TRADES

13. As Commissioner I reserve the right to change, edit, add too or subtract from the rules if necessary

love this game....however. note my objection to no trades BOOOOOOOOO

What happens if i'm all about the trade down and carolina calls me offering next years 2nd? i can't pass that up

in and ready

ready to go. when we make our picks, do we just post the pick on this thread or is there another way to do it?

ready to go. when we make our picks, do we just post the pick on this thread or is there another way to do it?

most guys post the pick in this thread and add a picture of the player.

One problem. Why start on Monday at 8AM? A lot of us have work. Why not start on a Saturday or Sunday? That way we could hopefully get the first 2 rounds down fast when most people are not working?

I will ask the mods for a couple of sticky threads one that we post our picks in and the other that will be used for discussion of the draft. So this thread will not be used for posting your picks.

One problem. Why start on Monday at 8AM? A lot of us have work. Why not start on a Saturday or Sunday? That way we could hopefully get the first 2 rounds down fast when most people are not working?

Well if you can get the GM"s to agree with that start date and if you can volunteer and run the draft this weekend I'm all for it. Since I have posted the start date as Monday everyone needs to be informed of the change and agree because they can not be held accountable if they're not around because of a date change that they were not aware of. I will not be available this weekend to help out. Also we need to consider the compensatory picks as well whenever they will be announced.

March 21st is the start date. I expect the newbies to check in if they're serious about being a part of this mockdraft. The times to the right are the deadline times for example Carolina is on the clock from 8 am est to 10 am est. Available teams Pittsburgh, Green Bay.

# Team GM Deadline
March 21st
1 Carolina TapDancing39 10am
2 Denver jsull87 12pm
3 Buffalo billdog3484 2pm
4 Cincinnati zero 4pm
5 Arizona WhiZa 6pm
6 Cleveland patriotscpfc 8pm
7 San Francisco midwestpatsfan 10pm
8 Tennessee DaBruinz 12am
March 22nd
9 Dallas CanadianPat'sFan 10am
10 Washington Charles Barwin 12pm
11 Houston VJCPatriot 2pm
12 Minnesota patsinthesnow 4pm
13 Detroit gomezcat 6pm
14 St. Louis broadwayjoe 8pm
15 Miami Patsfan-1982 10pm
16 Jacksonville A.C Vegas 12am
March 23rd
17 New England Irish Hooligan 10am
18 San Diego resdubwhite 12pm
19 New York Giants TripleChamp 2pm
20 Tampa Bay Sbpatfan 4pm
21 Kansas City bakes781 6pm
22 Indianapolis SirApropos 8pm
23 Philadelphia SamBamsFan 10pm
24 New Orleans Meggett 12am
March 24th
25 Seattle Dufflebagz 10am
26 Baltimore Mogamedogz 12pm
27 Atlanta Gator Mike 2pm
28 New England Irish Hooligan 4pm
29 Chicago The Coon 6pm
30 New York Jets alvinnf 8pm
31 Pittsburgh xxxxxxxxxx 10pm
32 Green Bay xxxxxxxxxx 12am

If no one take Pitt and GB we can always do a poll like in years past, I personally would rather vote and get picks in at the end of the round than have confusion or someone juggling multiple teams, just a thought.

If no one take Pitt and GB we can always do a poll like in years past, I personally would rather vote and get picks in at the end of the round than have confusion or someone juggling multiple teams, just a thought.

the mods don't want us cluttering the draft board with polls, so any votes would have to take place within the discussion thread. However I'm sure we can find 2 more people by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Is this the check in thread? :confused2:

March 21st is the start date. I expect the newbies to check in if they're serious about being a part of this mockdraft. The times to the right are the deadline times for example Carolina is on the clock from 8 am est to 10 am est. Available teams Pittsburgh, Green Bay.

# Team GM Deadline
March 21st
1 Carolina TapDancing39 10am
2 Denver jsull87 12pm
3 Buffalo billdog3484 2pm
4 Cincinnati zero 4pm
5 Arizona WhiZa 6pm
6 Cleveland patriotscpfc 8pm
7 San Francisco midwestpatsfan 10pm
8 Tennessee DaBruinz 12am
March 22nd
9 Dallas CanadianPat'sFan 10am
10 Washington Charles Barwin 12pm
11 Houston VJCPatriot 2pm
12 Minnesota patsinthesnow 4pm
13 Detroit gomezcat 6pm
14 St. Louis broadwayjoe 8pm
15 Miami Patsfan-1982 10pm
16 Jacksonville A.C Vegas 12am
March 23rd
17 New England Irish Hooligan 10am
18 San Diego resdubwhite 12pm
19 New York Giants TripleChamp 2pm
20 Tampa Bay Sbpatfan 4pm
21 Kansas City bakes781 6pm
22 Indianapolis SirApropos 8pm
23 Philadelphia SamBamsFan 10pm
24 New Orleans Meggett 12am
March 24th
25 Seattle Dufflebagz 10am
26 Baltimore Mogamedogz 12pm
27 Atlanta Gator Mike 2pm
28 New England Irish Hooligan 4pm
29 Chicago The Coon 6pm
30 New York Jets alvinnf 8pm
31 Pittsburgh xxxxxxxxxx 10pm
32 Green Bay xxxxxxxxxx 12am

still need 2 gms bump bump^

One thing I'll say now, i'm in the UK, if my picks fall out of UK time (I was basing this on starting midnight USA time, 2hrs per pick, so i'd be picking at 1pm UK time or something like that) then I'll either have to send picks ahead of time or maybe swap teams with someone

I just PM them as Broadway Joe suggests. Don't send to me, though.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes