PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Free Agent "Let's Sign This Guy" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2010 Free Agent "Let's Sign This Guy" Thread

That's re-signing a player.. That's not signing a UFA..

I did not use the term 'UFA.'

I'm not you.. I don't need to make things up. I may get things wrong on occasion and admit when I do, but I don't make things up.

No. What is a figment of my imagination is that you might actually be intelligent. Clearly you have a guilty conscience otherwise you wouldn't have taken a general question and gotten your panties in a wad about it.

You sound like you're in grade school. Lash out when you have nothing intelligent to say. Seriously what kind of grown man talks like this?

For Safeties, I'd love the Pats to add Tom Zbikowski or Sabby Piscatelli.

Right got it now, Asomugha would be a bad idea but you would love to add Piscatelli. Unbelievable.

Top three FA signing priorities 2011 off-season:

1) Mankins
2) L. Mankins
3) Logan Mankins

Re: Your free agent wishlist... [merged]

As much as I'd like to see it happen....I think he's gone.

He'll want top 3 money....and for a guard with the Pats...totally impossible.

They should just pay him.

Since his return, the O-line is a force to behold, RYPG are up, Sacks per Game are down, Total Yards per Game are up, Total points per game are up and so on.

Is he responsible for all of it, or even most of it? No, but he's responsible for more than enough of it.

Pay the man!

Guess you missed Belichick's mantra... "We're not collecting talent. We're building a team."

Why do people think that Bodden, at age 30 who is coming off a SHOULDER injury" is going to have problems returning to form?? Seriously?? I heard this BS and no one has had a single legit reason as to why he wouldn't come back 100%.

Cousin DB,
This Draft is shaping up like 2006. It figures we have some decent picks and limited pickings. Very thin talent across the board. BB can do a few things;trade into 2012 which he will undoubtedly do anyway, trade up which is less likely or swap some picks for good young NFL proven talent. TB is not going to be happy with a fresh supply of rookie WR he gets to yell at next year. Branch is injury prone and 22. Welker is hopefully going to rebound on what for him, was an off yea but is older than LF. I am not sold on Tate (I picture a slightly slower Bethel Johnson) and no one knows on Price. Hear me out first. Larry Fitzgerald is young, has an out there, the Cardinals need a bunch more talent and not one guy and LF is NOT a diva. He has been fairly durable and could be the bigger taller faster down the field threat we lost with Moss, but without the distractions.

Seeing what is available in this Draft and knowing we now have some TE quality, why would you not throw a few choices to AZ for him. Who on the whole board is better? He will cost what Moss did.

As far as UFA available picks. Pending cost Ray Edwards would be a help at one DE spot.Again there is no sure fire impact DE in this Draft.

Eric Weddle is an upgrade over all pro Merriweather in this system if the Chargers let him go.

It is not a talent hunt. It is about gaining strength because everyone else will upgrade to get us.

I hate to disappoint you draftnicks but this class is poop.
DW Toys

You sound like you're in grade school. Lash out when you have nothing intelligent to say. Seriously what kind of grown man talks like this?

One who knows he needs to talk down to the level of certain people. Namely, yourself. Especially since you aren't the one who has had anything intelligent to say.

Right got it now, Asomugha would be a bad idea but you would love to add Piscatelli. Unbelievable.

No. Not unbelievable. Perfectly believable. Clearly you are a person who is all about adding talent vs. building a team. You also must be one of the people who forgot that Asomugha got his big pay day after he, essentially, black-mailed the Raiders.

Piscatelli is a damn good special teamer and a depth player. Adding him won't impact the youngsters the Pats have who are developing nicely and working within the system.

You continue to blow your wad on wishful thinking and things that won't happen. I'll focus on keeping it real by looking at value additions instead of just wishful thinking...

Last edited by a moderator:
What people often forget is who taught Pioli most of everything he knows about evaluating talent and assembling a team to fit a system...

Parcells ?

Cousin DB,
Hear me out first. DW Toys

That would be his next mistake...

You should go back to your cave cousin, the draft Bill just rebuilt this defense with won't occur for another 3 months and there won't be any FA or trades this off season pending a new CBA...

Ours
BJGE (RFA but pay more to extend extra year or two)
Mankins ( same deal as before but take away cheapo RFA year and pay like the rest of the offer for an extra year)
Light at the right price
G. Warren ( short term)

From other teams -
Not high end but players than can help the team -
Kuhn
Dahl
A. Branch
D Thomas/Washington/Bush/C. Williams (whoever doesn't break the bank)

Would like but probably not available
Posluszny
Grimes

No. What is a figment of my imagination is that you might actually be intelligent. Clearly you have a guilty conscience otherwise you wouldn't have taken a general question and gotten your panties in a wad about it.

Manny Lawson is also set to be a free agent..

For Safeties, I'd love the Pats to add Tom Zbikowski or Sabby Piscatelli.

One who knows he needs to talk down to the level of certain people. Namely, yourself. Especially since you aren't the one who has had anything intelligent to say.

No. Not unbelievable. Perfectly believable. Clearly you are a person who is all about adding talent vs. building a team. You also must be one of the people who forgot that Asomugha got his big pay day after he, essentially, black-mailed the Raiders.

Piscatelli is a damn good special teamer and a depth player. Adding him won't impact the youngsters the Pats have who are developing nicely and working within the system.

You continue to blow your wad on wishful thinking and things that won't happen. I'll focus on keeping it real by looking at value additions instead of just wishful thinking...

So you've committed "We're not collecting talent, we're building a team." to memory, congratulations. Next step would be to use in the proper context. Asomugha is one of the top players in the league and one that would fit in well with the Patriots IF he was available, which he likely won't be like I said in my original post in the LET'S SIGN THIS GUY THREAD . By your knuckle dragging logic Asomugha wouldn't be a good fit because he has talent but stiffs like Piscatelli and Lawson would be because of your misplaced version of value.

You talk about wads a lot. Sounds like you have it on the brain -or maybe someplace else.

So you've committed "We're not collecting talent, we're building a team." to memory, congratulations. Next step would be to use in the proper context. Asomugha is one of the top players in the league and one that would fit in well with the Patriots IF he was available, which he likely won't be like I said in my original post in the LET'S SIGN THIS GUY THREAD . By your knuckle dragging logic Asomugha wouldn't be a good fit because he has talent but stiffs like Piscatelli and Lawson would be because of your misplaced version of value.

You talk about wads a lot. Sounds like you have it on the brain -or maybe someplace else.

Dude - How do you know that Asomugha would be a fit here? Clearly you've never been to Oakland or read about him. He's another DIVA player. How else do you think he raped Oakland for the contract he did. With the insistence of having his own Radio time and TV time on the local news.

Unlike you, I actually watch other teams than the Pats. You thinking that Lawson and Piscatelli are stiff shows that your knowledge is seriously lacking.

Instead of replying, do everyone a favor and put me on your ignore list since you can't bring sensible responses to the thread.

OH. And I have the context of the saying correct. Instead of mouthing off, maybe you should do your homework.

I got 2 guys on my radar:

Pierre Thomas. Rumor has it Belichick tried to trade for Thomas before the trading deadline. He's been hurt all year, so he'll carry less of a price tag. Great playmaking back provided his reps are monitered. He'd be the perfect backup to BJGE and Woodhead.

Richard Marshall. In my mind he's a McCourty type CB. A 4 down,. physical, smart, sound tackler. He might carry a high price tag, but Bodden's aging and coming off of injury, and both Arrington and Butler can be upgraded. A CB group of McCourty, Marshall, Bodden, Arrington and Butler would be the best in team history.

I got 2 guys on my radar:

Pierre Thomas. Rumor has it Belichick tried to trade for Thomas before the trading deadline. He's been hurt all year, so he'll carry less of a price tag. Great playmaking back provided his reps are monitered. He'd be the perfect backup to BJGE and Woodhead.

Richard Marshall. In my mind he's a McCourty type CB. A 4 down,. physical, smart, sound tackler. He might carry a high price tag, but Bodden's aging and coming off of injury, and both Arrington and Butler can be upgraded. A CB group of McCourty, Marshall, Bodden, Arrington and Butler would be the best in team history.

The problem with adding a guy like Marshall is that you impede the development of other players by taking away their game reps.. Since his return, Butler has done well and will probably pass Arrington on the depth chart by next training camp. While Arrington and Butler can be improved upon, how do you know that they've hit their peak?? The both will be turning just 25 this year.

The Pats just shelled out a decent amount of money for Bodden to be a starter for them. I can't see the Pats eating that money. Yes, Bodden turns 30 in September. Yes, he had a shoulder injury that required surgery. But he should be 100% upon his return. And He'll be the starting RCB opposite McCourty. Could that change? Sure.. But I highly doubt it..

Champ Bailey would be my choice. He still has good skills and would provide more depth in their secondary.

1. Logan Mankins - a must
2. Nnamdi Asomugha if Oakland declines his $17 million option for 2011
3. Lamar Woodley if he somehow reaches UFA
4. One of Ronnie Brown, Michael Bush or Ricky Williams to compete with BJGE
5. Richard Marshall - CB depth with possible move to FS

Asomugha and Woodley are unlikely but the other moves could get don
e.

Dude - How do you know that Asomugha would be a fit here? Clearly you've never been to Oakland or read about him. He's another DIVA player. How else do you think he raped Oakland for the contract he did. With the insistence of having his own Radio time and TV time on the local news.

Unlike you, I actually watch other teams than the Pats. You thinking that Lawson and Piscatelli are stiff shows that your knowledge is seriously lacking.

Instead of replying, do everyone a favor and put me on your ignore list since you can't bring sensible responses to the thread.

OH. And I have the context of the saying correct. Instead of mouthing off, maybe you should do your homework.

I don't, just like you don't know if any of the players you listed would fit in. It's a speculative thread.

Last edited:
That would be his next mistake...

You should go back to your cave cousin, the draft Bill just rebuilt this defense with won't occur for another 3 months and there won't be any FA or trades this off season pending a new CBA...

So it's true. You are DB Too? Amazing.

I really don't understand the grammar or perhaps point you are attempting here. If you are going that way about the CBA, how about the effect of a Draft? While you are pounding on your chest for some reason, you forgot to mention the dynamics of that event.

If you are trying to say BB had a hell of a Draft in 2010 I would agree. 58% first year success over a league average 17%. Let's not get to excited. That will not happen every year although one can hope it will.

Fact is this years class is about on the level of 2006. Depressing!

Also his 2010 Draft only Defensive rebuild? I see McCourty as the only starter from the 2010 class until Spikes suites up. Ninkovitch, Warren, Arrington, ST LB White, Moore and Page say howdy! Pretty decent pieces on our 2010 Defense and ST play I contend, Cousin. For that matter, 24 players on the active roster were trades or FA pick ups. Kind of pretty even split I'd say. Let's contemplate this " Draft choice or nothing " scenario.
DW Toys

Stealing Shaun Ellis from the Jets would be a great move.

The problem with adding a guy like Marshall is that you impede the development of other players by taking away their game reps.. Since his return, Butler has done well and will probably pass Arrington on the depth chart by next training camp. While Arrington and Butler can be improved upon, how do you know that they've hit their peak?? The both will be turning just 25 this year.

The Pats just shelled out a decent amount of money for Bodden to be a starter for them. I can't see the Pats eating that money. Yes, Bodden turns 30 in September. Yes, he had a shoulder injury that required surgery. But he should be 100% upon his return. And He'll be the starting RCB opposite McCourty. Could that change? Sure.. But I highly doubt it..

I think you have highlighted something that alot of people forget when looking at he success this season. 2 big contributors to the Pats defense our starting RCB Bodden and starting LDE Warren Will be back... they are 2 huge additions to this team and will add a veteran presence to a young defense that had to pick up the slack this year

I honestly don't really see a need for another CB. On this defense i think the only real positions you could argue about need is OLB, Maaaaybe DE (although i think we have good depth) and if you don't like merriweather Saftey (even though i like Page, sanders, chung and merriweather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes