PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Compensatory Draft Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know performance of the FAs counts towards the determination, but would it matter that much ? I would think we still get something, maybe a 6th?

Also, since performance is a consideration, wouldn't the difference between Crumpler and Watson be more significant? Watson - 68 rec, 763 yds. Crumpler - 6 for 52.

Historically, teams get nothing if a FA is cut as early as Green was.

Also, according to AdamJT13, the best the Pats can hope for from Watson v. Crumpler is a late comp 7 (no team has ever gotten more than a single 7 if they lose as many qualifying FAs as they sign, which is what happened last year).

I know performance of the FAs counts towards the determination, but would it matter that much ? I would think we still get something, maybe a 6th?

Also, since performance is a consideration, wouldn't the difference between Crumpler and Watson be more significant? Watson - 68 rec, 763 yds. Crumpler - 6 for 52.
As I recall the performance portion of the formula is very minimal, and it mostly refers to post-season honors such as the Pro Bowl. The primary factor is the dollar amount of the player's new contract.

Compensatory Draft Picks announced Friday

Adam Schefter is reproting the Compensatory Picks will be announced Friday. Has AdamJT13 listed his projection of the picks yet? Will the Pats be getting one or two picks?

Note: I have learned that AdamJT13 does not plan on doing his projection this year - source

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46355

Last edited:

That is my take on it also regarding Green, performance on the new team means hardly anything. it certainiy does not take you from the 5th to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back