2011 Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Quinn
Brian Fusco
Demarco Murray
Greg Little
Watkins

I haven't watched Greg McElroy a lot, but there are shades of Tom Brady there. Not very mobile, not a strong arm, benefits from playing on a great team. But he's shown a lot of intelligence, good decisions, excellent accuracy, does well in the short/intermediate passing game, and seems to have a ton of intangibles. Last year's championship game was pretty ugly, but he's played well even in Alabama's losses this year, and had a nice bowl game too.

Probably not a fit for every team, but I could see our offense being perfect for him. I know QB isn't a major need, but I wouldn't mind spending a 6th rounder on him...

His wonderlic score leaked out this AM. 48. Depending on how steep the drop off is after the first 100 are off the board, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at this kid any time after the 3rd. If he could replace Hoyer on the depth chart by 2012 then Hoyer could be trade bait as an RFA. I know he's projected as a 5th or 6th round pick, but the craptastic QB class this season and the teams with need at the position coupled with a shallow talent level past day 2 could mean he'd be off the board a little earlier.

Just found my first Binky:

Dontay Moch, Nevada OLB

combine 6-1, 250, 42" vert, 4.35 40 time ....

Last edited:

Dontay Moch, Nevada OLB

combine 6-2, 250, 42" vert, 4.35 40 time ....

Now if only he could play football

Dontay Moch, Nevada OLB

combine 6-1, 250, 42" vert, 4.35 40 time ....
4.45 unofficial, Gary Guyton range.

Never really picked a favorite draft player before, but I guess there's always time to start. I'll go with Chris Carter, the DE to OLB from Fresno State.

Last edited:
Gentlemen!! I SALUTE you!! :rocker:

I haven't watched Greg McElroy a lot, but there are shades of Tom Brady there.

Not very mobile, not a strong arm, benefits from playing on a great team. But he's shown a lot of intelligence, good decisions, excellent accuracy, does well in the short/intermediate passing game, and seems to have a ton of intangibles. Last year's championship game was pretty ugly, but he's played well even in Alabama's losses this year, and had a nice bowl game too.

Probably not a fit for every team, but I could see our offense being perfect for him. I know QB isn't a major need, but I wouldn't mind spending a 6th rounder on him...

His wonderlic score leaked out this AM. 48. Depending on how steep the drop off is after the first 100 are off the board, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at this kid any time after the 3rd. If he could replace Hoyer on the depth chart by 2012 then Hoyer could be trade bait as an RFA. I know he's projected as a 5th or 6th round pick, but the craptastic QB class this season and the teams with need at the position coupled with a shallow talent level past day 2 could mean he'd be off the board a little earlier.

As The Founder and First Disciple of the Greg McElroy Fan Club, I Approve of This Message!! :rocker:

I've finally decided on my binky.....Kendall Hunter, it's not like I'd start a thread on him though :D

The more I see and hear about him, the more excited I get.

revised realistic list
Aldon Smith/Ryan Kerrigan
Julio Jones

Last edited:
Mark Herzlich

I am with you on that one, the kid's story is just too good for him to fail.

He was a one-man wrecking crew with cancer, had that surgery where they put a rod in his femur, and then came back and played pretty well. His body has a long way to go in terms of adjusting to that surgery but his work ethic and character have never been anything but off the charts awesome. Given some time he'll come around and make someone look really smart after they grabbed him late in the draft.

QB Greg McElroy
RB Delone Carter, Shane Vereen
WR Larry Fitzgerald
OL Danny Watkins, Clint Boling
CB Johnnny Patrick
S Shiloh Keo

Anyone have—as one Pats poster did a couple of years ago—another team's future draft pick as a binky? :)

Anyone have—as one Pats poster did a couple of years ago—another team's future draft pick as a binky? :)
Yep, just as soon as BB drafts them I'll be happy to claim them.

Only two this year now after initially being in love with Baldwin.

Fusco and Boling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back