PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

Couldn't you have said the exact same thing about Cunningham last year?

Yep! As I said, "It's super-easy to project him to the Patriots' defense." Moves well, decent size, versatile skill set, good motor, good awareness, multiyear captain, even a senior. I've seldom seen an OLB prospect who looked more Patriot-ic than Beal.

But yet...somehow I'm not excited about him. Go figure.

Yep! As I said, "It's super-easy to project him to the Patriots' defense." Moves well, decent size, versatile skill set, good motor, good awareness, multiyear captain, even a senior. I've seldom seen an OLB prospect who looked more Patriot-ic than Beal.

I understand that is kind of the way I feel about this whole draft. No binkies but some players I wouldn't mind having. I think this is a BPA draft with a lot of trades into next year.

I don't care what you do and what draft picks to trade up, thou shall draft Marcell Dareus!

And then there's me. Dareus isn't even on my big board.

Not for the Pats' scheme. He needs to be in a 4-3 or 1-gap 3-4. Doesn't have the length to control blockers as well as the scheme requires.

How does Willfork do in that regard when playing DE?

How does Willfork do in that regard when playing DE?

Wilfork makes up for it by being huge. Based on who has played there, the magic number I look for is 6-5, 300, or 15 pounds heavier for each inch shorter. Brace at 6-3, 330 fits. Ty Warren at 6-5, 300 obviously does. Seymour was a great fit. GWarren is almost 6-4 and 330. At 6-1, Wilfork would have to be 360 for the numbers to hold, and I know he's closer to that than his listed weight of 325. Dareus, at 6-3, 310, is still both too short and not overly heavy.

(Arm length is very important, but a pain to quantify right now, hence height is used. Extremely long or short arms will be analyzed when that data is made available.)

Last edited:
Wilfork makes up for it by being huge. Based on who has played there, the magic number I look for is 6-5, 300, or 15 pounds heavier for each inch shorter. Brace at 6-3, 330 fits. Ty Warren at 6-5, 300 obviously does. Seymour was a great fit. GWarren is almost 6-4 and 330. At 6-1, Wilfork would have to be 360 for the numbers to hold, and I know he's closer to that than his listed weight of 325. Dareus, at 6-3, 310, is still both too short and not overly heavy.

(Arm length is very important, but a pain to quantify right now, hence height is used. Extremely long or short arms will be analyzed when that data is made available.)

What are your thoughts on muhammad wilkerson from temple? 6-5 305lbs and has been said to be athletic and fast for a man his size. Dominated in the MAC as well. Is projected in rounds 2-4

Patchick this question is directed towards you as well.

Last edited:
A couple of SEC guys declared who might fit our position need and profile. WR Randall Cobb - Kentucky. Over 900yds receiving, 400 rushing and threw 3 td's. Sounds like a young Randle-El. And, S. Finday - rb - lsu. Big back 6'0" 223lb. Might be a nice 2b and 3a. Lots of film on these guys and against superior competition.

Just read Beal's writeup. He sounds like a solid 3 down linebacker. And the fact that he has played with his hand off the ground and dropped back into coverage as well just adds to the versatility. Now as long as his athleticism is above average and his listed size accurate (6'3 263), I could easily see him in a Patriots uniform. That would place him somewhere in round 2-3.

Now check out Beal's film against Tulsa. Pretty impressive showing. I know it's against Tulsa. But still, he had a big impact on that game.

Beal is also apparently a very hard worker and a film rat. So if he's good at picking up complex defensive concepts and schemes, that would make him an even better fit.

Last edited:
A couple of SEC guys declared who might fit our position need and profile. WR Randall Cobb - Kentucky. Over 900yds receiving, 400 rushing and threw 3 td's. Sounds like a young Randle-El. And, S. Finday - rb - lsu. Big back 6'0" 223lb. Might be a nice 2b and 3a. Lots of film on these guys and against superior competition.

Randall Cobb is Troy Brown reborn, the guy plays on offense (WR/RB/QB), special teams (KR but I bet he could also long snap), and he'd probably make a fine defensive back if BB wanted him too, it'd be like having several players but only using 1 roster spot.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO want to see us get him but I have a feeling it's not gonna happen.

What are your thoughts on muhammad wilkerson from temple? 6-5 305lbs and has been said to be athletic and fast for a man his size. Dominated in the MAC as well. Is projected in rounds 2-4

Patchick this question is directed towards you as well.

I need to see more of him, but I really like what I've seen. My dream draft right now probably starts with Aldon Smith at 17 and then Wilkerson at 32.

Bump for the Delone Carter fans. He just ran a very solid 4.53 @ 222 lbs. I hope his stock free falls like tom petty :D

I have 2 binkies this year, both from UNC. In a normal year when we dont have so many holes to fill I'd love us to take(though I know we wont)Bruce Carter OLB as a luxury pick. He is a ST demon and alot of other athletic measurables not seen often. Another UNC guy I REALLY want us to get is CB Burney. He is a big CB and his senior bowl and likely combine visit will see his 5th round projection bumped up significantly. I'd bet he is gone before our 4th round pick comes up, but with skill we can trade back and add a high 4th for him. Something tells me Butler might be on the hot seat this offseason.

This didn't deserve a thread but it's worth mentioning:

Missouri DE Aldon Smith and Georgia DE/OLB Justin Houston were winners from Saturday's weigh-ins. Smith checked in at 6-4¼ and 263 pounds, but it was his freakishly long arms (35⅝ inches) that really turned heads. Houston showed off long arms of his own (34½) while checking in at an athletic-looking 6-2⅞ and 270 pounds, and his surprisingly big frame should help ease concerns for teams wondering about his ability to hold up as a traditional 4-3 defensive end.

I'm gonna go with an real outsider in TJ Yates as my binkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back