PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 archive of Bill Belichick press conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick first presser about to occur live

Thanks for the heads up.

They are running late and audio cuts in and out but I think Stacey just said that practice has been changed to closer to 10AM so BB will still be doing presser. He was on a conference call...can't imagine...

As usual..BB operates under the radar and doesn't show his hand until after the deal.....(unlike Jets who show their toes to everyone)...

Presser preview:

"I really think Albert will make a fine addition. You know, this is something we've been working on for a while. Albert is a good player. He’s done a lot of different things. He's smart and athletic. He has lined up in many different ways and is versatile. We felt like the compensation was fair so we went ahead and did it."

Last edited:

Presser preview:

"I really think (insert players name here) will make a fine addition. You know, this is something we've been working on for a while. (players name) is a good player. He’s done a lot of different things. He's smart and athletic. He has lined up in many different ways and is versatile. We felt like the compensation was fair so we went ahead and did it."

Fixed it for you....;)

Not a done deal yet...heh

Presser preview:

"I really think Albert will make a fine addition. You know, this is something we've been working on for a while. Albert is a good player. He’s done a lot of different things. He's smart and athletic. He has lined up in many different ways and is versatile. We felt like the compensation was fair so we went ahead and did it."

Reporter: What made you go after Albert Haynesworth?

BB: We thought he would be a good addition to our football team.

Another Reporter: What do you think about all of the problems Haynesworth had in Washington are you not worried about them?

Another Reporter: Did you consider the locker room atmosphere in NE and how that might help Albert?

Not a done deal yet...heh

Yeah you are right. Instead its:

"Not much I can say about this at this time. Well, once it is a done deal we'll talk about it then."

Edit:
omg LOL'd a the Bob Dillon quote at the end there! :rofl:

Last edited:

What I liked most was hearing, "We have been talking to 100's of players". I hope one of those players is an OLB who can get to the QB.

Doesn't have to be a LB that gets to QB....I'll take a DL that can ;)

As usual..BB operates under the radar and doesn't show his hand until after the deal.....(unlike Jets who show their toes to everyone)...

Unless the line is incredibly clever hows about we all take a "No Toes" approach here this season until we put the Jets in their place?

Ryan stuck his smelly fat feet and soggy, week-old socks in our faces in the Post Season last year, so it's wearing thin on me, who hates the Jets, and I imagine it's wearing very thin outside of Patriots Nation.

Doesn't have to be a LB that gets to QB....I'll take a DL that can ;)

Agreed, as long as we force the QB out of his comfort zone in the pocket is what matters. But an outside rush would sure be nice. I can't imagine that AFC QB's are very happy this morning and I can imagine that coaches are retooling their running game to account for the half ton of beef we now have up front.

Re: Belichick Friday presser about to start

Either my Live Stream of the 9:15 event is stuck or BB ain't there.
Will he be fined for being late?

Maybe OchoCinco will sit with the press and ask questions :)

Nice, thanks for the heads up.

Either my Live Stream of the 9:15 event is stuck or BB ain't there.
Will he be fined for being late?

He's never late, just rescheduled...;) Yesterday it was by 40 min... Busy man...

It will be dry as usual. "Working hard, still figuring out the rules, nothing official yet'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes