PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 98.5 - WEEI Love/Hate Sport Talk Radio Opinion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in southern Nova Scotia, we can easily get 850 AM from the car, so I listen to a lot of WEEI. I wish we could get 98.5 but even on the computer, it's inaccessible.

Yes, WEEI has its flaws, but they could be quite good with a few minor changes. They got too ****y and that is hurting them.

WEEI - 850AM

WFAN

Maybe these will be of some help

Toucher and Rich made me LMFAO when they talked about the song "Stevie Johnson" by Ya Boy Feat Cik.Money the rappers were eating money sandwiches and the song was about BILLS (Dollars) and (Buffalo)

it was HILARIOUS

Sports Hub>Weei

Weei is far to child like most of the time. SH FTW:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34aat0isP0I

^(the Big Drop) I swear at the time Toucher and Rich did not know who this guy was. I found out he was the dude that dropped an easy game winning TD vs. STEELERS in OT in 2010.

YA BOY Feat CIK.MONEY "Stevie Johnson" Video [HD] - YouTube (the song)

Last edited:
Over the years here in these threads I have asked on a few occasions who here likes Ordway. You get different opinions of the man as a host but I've yet to ever hear or read somewhere that someone likes Ordway. How can a show so popular at one time not have a listener that likes the host???

The Big Show could be better in the interim to bring back Dale with Holley. Say what you want about Dale but he let's the interviewed people and others talk - something the Big Blowhard cannot even fathom doing.

Over the years here in these threads I have asked on a few occasions who here likes Ordway. You get different opinions of the man as a host but I've yet to ever hear or read somewhere that someone likes Ordway. How can a show so popular at one time not have a listener that likes the host???

The Big Show could be better in the interim to bring back Dale with Holley. Say what you want about Dale but he let's the interviewed people and others talk - something the Big Blowhard cannot even fathom doing.

Ordway is vastly superior to his competition. I grant you that's not saying much, since Felger/Mazz may be the worst afternoon drive time radio in New England.

Last edited:

I have to say that I do like Ordway as I think he does a good job as a facilitating host, as he was better in the old Big Show format-especially when Shepherd was there- with two other people than he is alone with Holley.

Last edited:
WEEI - 850AM

WFAN

Maybe these will be of some help

Haha. Thanks, but the thing is that 98.5 doesn't allow you to listen outside the US. And I don't need a link to the others, because my car radio CAN get reception quite easily.

Last edited:
Haha. Thanks, but the thing is that 98.5 doesn't allow you to listen outside the US. And I don't need a link to the others, because my car radio CAN get reception quite easily.

Set up a proxy

True sports talk radio is all but gone. 98.5 was a relief at first but alas, they too went for the formulated good cop bad cop bs. They all lie through their teeth on in house production ads. I guess, if you don't sell out (ZO) you don't climb the ladder. It's all I can do to get 15 minutes now and then. Real insightful, intellegent NFL or other sport talk can be found on satilite radio. :idea2:

I am sure there are plenty of people who actually like or even love Ordway. Entertainment is subjective and if ballroom dancing is the most popular show on television, I am sure there are plenty of people who love Ordway.

That said, the ratings show that his ratings prior to 98.5 were a clear indication of him being the only game in town and not that all of his audience liked him. His market share has been falling dramatically from rating book to rating book while Felger and Mazz have been growing ratings every book.

I don't think he is polarizing as Felger who either you like or hate with very little middle ground. But I think Ordway has far more negative reaction to him.

The Sox are in the midst of a historic collapse. The sports talk stations wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't talking about it. Meanwhile, the Pats continue to be awesome...there's not much of a story there from their perspective.

I would love it if one or the other would say, "we are sick of the Red Sox and their drama. We are only going to talk football (or even football and hockey) today. Go listen at that other station if you want to talk about the Red Sox."

I would love it if one or the other would say, "we are sick of the Red Sox and their drama. We are only going to talk football (or even football and hockey) today. Go listen at that other station if you want to talk about the Red Sox."

Exactly; 98.5's program director should be fired. Putting on the BaseBall writer crapola at 6:00 while WEEI has the actual game on or a real interview with Francona is idiotic. Who wants to listen Spazz when you can hear directly from Francona? All this in the middle of a football season.

They have a golden opportunity to monopolize the football talk but they insist on butting heads with The BaseBall Station (WEEI).

And the baseball obsession on both stations is way over the top. Day after freaking day of the same complaints and idiots calling in saying they can do a better job than Francona. Listening to this crap make you think that there isn't a football team in town. I hope the Red Sox get bumped from the playoffs so we don't have to hear it anymore (Ha; they will still whim for months).

We will not head any Patriots talk until the Patriots do something wrong.

Exactly; 98.5's program director should be fired. Putting on the BaseBall writer crapola at 6:00 while WEEI has the actual game on or a real interview with Francona is idiotic. Who wants to listen Spazz when you can hear directly from Francona? All this in the middle of a football season.

They have a golden opportunity to monopolize the football talk but they insist on butting heads with The BaseBall Station (WEEI).

And the baseball obsession on both stations is way over the top. Day after freaking day of the same complaints and idiots calling in saying they can do a better job than Francona. Listening to this crap make you think that there isn't a football team in town. I hope the Red Sox get bumped from the playoffs so we don't have to hear it anymore (Ha; they will still whim for months).

We will not head any Patriots talk until the Patriots do something wrong.
Not only is Boston a baseball town, but Bostonians are only truly happy when they have something to whine about. Hence the non stop Red Sox talk over the past 3 weeks.

A voice from the past, Spiro Agnew, described Felger and Mazz perfectly--"nattering nabobs of negativity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes