PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011/12 AFC Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be saints...and pats/balt

Curran: Pats playing with fire with bad starts

He's right..last 2 playoff games the pats started slow like the past few games..and it hurt them bad.

If anything like what happened today happens in the playoffs..it's going to be an early exit..hopefully they fix this over the next 2 weeks

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing... but hey, we have been down 0-17 and 0-21, and still won those games.

With the division title on the line, Tim Tebow went 6/22 for 60 yards and one interception. That's clutch performance! :rolleyes:

So you didn't watch the game, then?

You believe the sports media spin from the Tim Tebow apologist camp?

Nothing spin about it. Fox HAS been drilling that into Tebow. My take is that such drilling seems to have made Tebow hesitant to throw even on open passes. The analyst was of the same opinion.

So you didn't watch the game, then?
I watched the game.

Nothing spin about it. Fox HAS been drilling that into Tebow. My take is that such drilling seems to have made Tebow hesitant to throw even on open passes. The analyst was of the same opinion.
No excuse for Tebow's pathetic passing accuracy.

I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing... but hey, we have been down 0-17 and 0-21, and still won those games.
The New England Patriots will not face the Miami LOLphins or the Bungalow Bills in the AFC Playoffs.

I think that while the first quarter needs work, these last few weeks have shown that the team has been pretty mentally tough, something I felt was lacking in the playoffs last year.

I watched the game.

No excuse for Tebow's pathetic passing accuracy.

If you watched the game, you know that Tebow was getting one receiver routes, routes with all receivers covered and plays with a lot of throw aways. He also had catchable passes dropped, particularly on that final drive. You also know that he was largely forced to pass in situations that are bad for passing, such as 3rd and long.

When you just point to numbers, you miss the picture. Again, I'm not saying he did great and has Brady worried about his G.O.A.T. status. I'm saying Fox has to loosen things up or it'll be another rough one next week.

I'm saying Fox has to loosen things up or it'll be another rough one next week.
The Pittsburgh Steelers defense will eat the Denver Broncos offense for lunch. Tebow better keep his head on a swivel because James Harrison will be on the field.

You also know that he was largely forced to pass in situations that are bad for passing, such as 3rd and long.
Welcome to the NFL! Dorothy, You're not in Kansas anymore!

If you watched the game, you know that Tebow was getting one receiver routes, routes with all receivers covered and plays with a lot of throw aways. He also had catchable passes dropped, particularly on that final drive. You also know that he was largely forced to pass in situations that are bad for passing, such as 3rd and long.

When you just point to numbers, you miss the picture. Again, I'm not saying he did great and has Brady worried about his G.O.A.T. status. I'm saying Fox has to loosen things up or it'll be another rough one next week.

And he takes pathetic sacks where he has multiple chances to throw the ball away, but instead runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

His problem is consistancy, one pass will look horrendous like the duck he threw deep to Decker and then he will throw a very nice looking ball, like the one Willis dropped. But blaming all of his issues on the receivers or the coaches is disingenous. Also the fumble he had today was weak.

Shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Playoff time no game is a gimme but if Brady is focused and offense is clicking don't see us losing even with our defense

If the first losing team to feature in the Playoffs can knock the defending SB champs out, then anything is possible and nothing should be taken for granted. If the Steelers don't perform on the road then don't be surprised with an upset. If you are below par in the playoffs, you may not get another chance to put things right.

That's what happens when you run a high school offense for your inept QB.

Two thoughts:

1) I'd rather not have to beat both Pittsburgh and Baltimore on successive weeks (would prefer it if one knocked the other out and got beat up in the process), but it looks like that's what we're going to have to do.

2) I don't see Joe Flacco beating us again in a playoff game in Foxboro. A team led by Big Ben, even a 75% healthy Big Ben, isn't dead until the stake is through his heart.

Last edited:
If we look back at the three SB's the Pats won last decade, they all required beating either Pittsburgh (2x) or Indy (2x) (and beating each of them in 2004/05). The only SB we lost didn't go through either of those teams.

What I'm saying is that beating teams that have "been there and done that" is the best preparation for winning the big game.

vs. Steelers in two weeks will be the AFCCG as far as I'm concerned, since I just don't see Flacco winning a second straight playoff game in Foxboro. Not to say that Rays Lewis and Rice and a few other great players won't make it a tough game...just that I see Brady coming out on top.

Last edited:
Two thoughts:

1) I'd rather not have to beat both Pittsburgh and Baltimore on successive weeks (would prefer it if one knocked the other out and got beat up in the process), but it looks like that's what we're going to have to do.

The key then is Cincy. Go Bungles!

I saw Tebow speaking in tongues before his last series out there. I didn't know what to think. Something tells me that if you're going to those extremes, you are truly EFFED!!! Amazing that the Donkeys are still alive.

Tebow's only capable of one read, one read and then throw it out of bounds. He's not a legit NFL QB.

The Raiders and Charger are both kicking themselves for not winning the AFC West this year I see per the morning stories I'm reading. Denver isn't even the best team in their division. They def benefited more from other teams dumbness more than anything else. Watch them go beat the Steelers next week..lol

As for the Steelers, I say bring them on.Why not? The Patriots would go a long way in restoring order in the AFC in terms of dominance over the elite. Everyone acts if this team is a non-factor. Beating both teams will go a long way including a SB victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back