PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 Patriots if there was a cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
According to PFT Mike Florio, if there was a salary cap in 2010, the Patriots would rank #20 with a salary cap charge of $112 million for the team. The Dallas Cowboys rank #1 with a salary cap charge of $153 million.

The Patriots enter the uncapped year currently $15.8 million in salary below the 2009 Patriots team salary of $127.8 million.

And my Auntie Bobbie had balls she'd be my Uncle Bobby.

According to PFT Mike Florio, if there was a salary cap in 2010, the Patriots would rank #20 with a salary cap charge of $112 million for the team. The Dallas Cowboys rank #1 with a salary cap charge of $153 million.

The Patriots enter the uncapped year currently $15.8 million in salary below the 2009 Patriots team salary of $127.8 million.

What that shows you is how poorly managed the cap was for the Cowboys (and others) in past years.

Ah yes. But the question is, would Auntie Bobbie spend enough to build a winning football team ?

When was the last time the Patriots fielded a team that couldn't be regarded a 'winning one'?

Since the last time we won the Superbowl was 2004, I'm going to say 2005.

:bricks: You high expectations people do not deserve championship winning teams.

:bricks: You high expectations people do not deserve championship winning teams.

I think it was Bill Belichick who said " show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".

crowell33 is right. 4 playoff appearances in 5 years, 2 conference title game appearances, 1 SB appearance and a 64-25 record is an abject failure.

No question a SB title is the missing piece and having lofty expectations are great (I have them too), but to label every year since 04 a failure is ridiculous.

True Statement. People around here are so spoiled.

crowell33 said:

I think a good question to be asked now would be where was the cap in last march?

But if we want to use this number I still think they are right about where they should be. 5 Mil left for rookies and emergencies and 10 mil below last year in order to prepare for next year which likely will be a smaller cap than last year. Of the 10 mil next year you could use as much as you want on one year deals as they will come of the books. So I expect a couple of Vets to be signed to one year deals between now and TC but I would not expect many long term deals except Tom.

I think it was Bill Belichick who said " show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".

Apparently you can't grasp the meaning of that quote.

I am sure Mr, Brady's impending extension will eat up a bit of the imaginary cap room.

So, Crowell, can we reasonably assume that you absolutely DOMINATE your career, year-in and year-out, to an absolutely inhuman level?

So, Crowell, can we reasonably assume that you absolutely DOMINATE your career, year-in and year-out, to an absolutely inhuman level?

Those burgers don't cook themselves.

When did he make this statement? Did he take into account all the new contracts after the end of 2009...particularly Wilfork, Bodden and TBC? I would have to figure that just those 3 would cost the Pats over $10M in 2010 cap charges. Add in the RFA tenders and budget for the remaining roster spots (do they even have 53 players under contract at this point?) and I would think the 2010 "cap" for the Pats would end up being pretty high.

When was the last time the Patriots fielded a team that couldn't be regarded a 'winning one'?

Since the last time we won the Superbowl was 2004, I'm going to say 2005.

Well based on that definition of what a winning football team is, the Colts and Jets (a couple of teams many here like to compare to the Pats) failed to field a winning team just as badly as the Pats did last year. In fact, you can lump those three with the Rams, Lions and Bucs; they were all the same last season in their failure to field a winning team.

Or perhaps we should all just look at it this way: if a person is born a fan of a team (in this case the Pats), in a 32-team league he or she should on average see their team win a championship at age 16. After that they should see on average another championship once every 32 years, which would be at age 48 and then at age 80. Since we have witnessed a lifetime worth of championships, I guess we should now convert to being fans of the Jets, Bills or Browns since they are overdue for 'fielding a winning team'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down