PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 NFL Pro-Bowl game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is travelling to Spain or Portugal to watch a half arsed game and the players certainly aren't travelling over to Europe for the pro bowl. Europe might be "small" but you still have to fly. Even the hardcore element (which you'll be relying on) aren't paying for flights plus the cost of tickets and accomodation for that.

It was laughed out the studio over here for the simple fact it's the pro bowl. Overseas fans don't want to see "players", thats what kids want. Fans want to see the game and thats why it's regular season games that come over. I think sending the pro bowl would have a negative impact and the NFL know it. People over here who are not fans think the NFL is boring anyway so can you imagine them seeing the pro bowl?

They should keep it as it was, the traditional curtain to the season and everybody relaxed in Hawaii for a week. Ten times easier for everyone.

Last edited:
Maybe they can host it on Peyton Manning's forehead.

Every time Young or Garrard throw incompletions, you take one shot. Every time they throw picks, you take two shots.

This is a new drinking game to make the Pro Bowl fun. But until those two come in I have to think of a different game.

Did you die of alcohol poisoning?

Nobody is travelling to Spain or Portugal to watch a half arsed game and the players certainly aren't travelling over to Europe for the pro bowl. Europe might be "small" but you still have to fly. Even the hardcore element (which you'll be relying on) aren't paying for flights plus the cost of tickets and accomodation for that.

It was laughed out the studio over here for the simple fact it's the pro bowl. Overseas fans don't want to see "players", thats what kids want. Fans want to see the game and thats why it's regular season games that come over. I think sending the pro bowl would have a negative impact and the NFL know it. People over here who are not fans think the NFL is boring anyway so can you imagine them seeing the pro bowl?

They should keep it as it was, the traditional curtain to the season and everybody relaxed in Hawaii for a week. Ten times easier for everyone.

I'm from Portugal :D

No Einstein, I mean as a showcase for the rest of the world. There are people already living in Europe, Asia too..

In case you didn't know, there's a small Ocean between the US and Hawaii where they've held the thing for years.

Jack Del Rio dissed his Pro-Bowl QB on Jim today.

The elite quarterback? He’s not that.

I do think David’s a good football player. I do think he can help us if we’re strong around him to get in this kind of a game [SB XLIV] here.

Last edited:
No Einstein, I mean as a showcase for the rest of the world. There are people already living in Europe, Asia too..

In case you didn't know, there's a small Ocean between the US and Hawaii where they've held the thing for years.

And Hawaii is a helluva lot further than Portugal is from most of the US.

Ya know where they should have the next Pro Bowl?

Shenzhen.

Seems obvious now doesn't it?

That sarcasm would work if you had a good idea. You'll be showcasing it to bleachers. Football has ground in Hawaii and it's an attractive place to go in febuary. We're not talking about distance here, we're talking about spending alot of money for a half arsed product. If they do it in Hawaii the reasons are above, if you expect the same to happen in Europe you'll be dissapionted. Theres no pull with the locals and certainly no pull for fans like me in Europe who know the sport and know the pro bowl.

The showpiece has to be the regular games, games that mean something and are played with passion if you are to market the game. Thats why sending the pro bowl was laughed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back