PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010-2011 Opponents Per Mike Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren94

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know this season hasn't even begun yet... A look at next year's opponents...

Home: Ravens, Bengals, Packers, Vikings, Bills, Dolphins, Jets
(The final spot will be filled by the AFC South team which finishes in the same spot in the 2009 standings as the Patriots)

Away: Browns, Steelers, Bears, Lions, Bills, Dolphins, Jets
(The final spot will be filled by the AFC West team which finishes in the same spot in the 2009 standings as the Patriots)

(The final spot will be filled by the AFC South team which finishes in the same spot in the 2009 standings as the Patriots)

(The final spot will be filled by the AFC West team which finishes in the same spot in the 2009 standings as the Patriots)

No matter the season, @Steelers and @Bears are never easy draws.

Maybe Thanksgiving next year with Detroit, but who knows... You are right about the draw at Bears and at Pitt ( Hate that stadium)

The more interesting question might be whether the Patriots have any

opponents at all in 2011-2012.

Perhaps I'm reading too much in to this, but as I recall the schedule rotation went through 2009 and was to be part of the cba. I doubt Roger Goodell has given up plans to expand the schedule, so is this a signal that the owners do not expect a new cba to be worked out before the uncapped year?

Also, just to clarify, the current schedule rotation continues for one year - 2010 - not two years.

This is way premature, but on paper, this looks like an easier schedule than we were handed in 07 or this 09 season.

Links are nice to do for copyright and attribution reasons when quoting an article.

Here is about teh 2010 season:
A look ahead to 2010 Patriots opponents - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

couldn't find anything about the 2011 season

Does this mean if the Pats and Colts both win their div,both finish 2nd,etc,etc.........Wo would play them AGAIN in 2010?.......OMG!!!

Perhaps I'm reading too much in to this, but as I recall the schedule rotation went through 2009 and was to be part of the cba. I doubt Roger Goodell has given up plans to expand the schedule, so is this a signal that the owners do not expect a new cba to be worked out before the uncapped year?
No, it means that when a new CBA is worked out, the expanded schedule will not start until 2011 or later.

Also, just to clarify, the current schedule rotation continues for one year - 2010 - not two years.
That was my read, also. I couldn't find anything about 2011.

Lions and Bills and Browns! All driving distance games? Oh sweet awesomeness.

Where will all our favorites be?
Will Mangenius still be there?
Will Tubby Wrecks still be there?
Will Lord Favre still be there?

This is way premature, but on paper, this looks like an easier schedule than we were handed in 07 or this 09 season.

it looks easy now but if you consider that the AFC West winner will be San Diego and the AFC South will be Indy and you throw those two teams onto our schedule, suddenly it's not so easy. tough games - baltimore, SD, Indy and Pitt. That's 4 of the top 5 AFC contenders.

it looks easy now but if you consider that the AFC West winner will be San Diego and the AFC South will be Indy and you throw those two teams onto our schedule, suddenly it's not so easy. tough games - baltimore, SD, Indy and Pitt. That's 4 of the top 5 AFC contenders.

Yup, very true. Though I'm not sure I'd put Baltimore in the same sentence as the other teams.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that is assuming the NFL keeps the current schedule rotation intact. There's a good chance Goodell and the owners get an extra game (or two) tacked on to the regular season schedule before 2017.

Right, but that won't change the divisional rotations. It will most likely add an additional at large game against a corresponding opponent from a 3rd division most likely in the conference. So an AFC East team would play say the entire West division and then the two teams that finished in the same spot in the AFC South and North.

Last edited:
Links are nice to do for copyright and attribution reasons when quoting an article.

Here is about teh 2010 season:
A look ahead to 2010 Patriots opponents - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

couldn't find anything about the 2011 season
The NFC schedule for a team is on a 4 year rotating basis , so it will be the NFC East like in 2007 and in the AFC it will be the 3 year rotating or AFC west opponents like in 2008....Add 6 division games and the remaining ones should be the same place finishers in the AFC North, AFC South in 2010.... Hope I'm right..

Does this mean if the Pats and Colts both win their div,both finish 2nd,etc,etc.........We would play them AGAIN in 2010?

That is exactly why we've been playing them every year for the last... I don't know how many years. The Pats and Colts have finished with the same divisional ranking and/or the AFC East and South have been assigned to each other.

It will be nice, though, to be able to play them at home instead of away. It's been a while since the regular season matchup has been in Foxborough.

Last edited:
Lions and Bills and Browns! All driving distance games? Oh sweet awesomeness.

Agreed, I can get to Detroit in 4.5 hours, same with Buffalo and Cleveland is only 2.5 from Pittsburgh --- I may actually be able to see a Pats game! Wahoo!

Agreed, I can get to Detroit in 4.5 hours, same with Buffalo and Cleveland is only 2.5 from Pittsburgh --- I may actually be able to see a Pats game! Wahoo!

Ditto, Soldier Field is only around five miles from my house, o PLEASE be as September/October game!

SSDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye