PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 Saints remind me of the 2007 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Maybe its me but I see a lot of the 2007 Patriots in the 2009 Saints.

Great dependable receivers,Elite QB,Good running game,hard to beat short passing game and bombs away at times and scoring quick- Also a defense that really has no major named players but plays well enough to create havoc - Not to mention blowouts in 3 games thus far

I don't know whether Brady's record will stand this year,I once thought 50 TD passes was going to be very hard to beat,Brees might do it this year.

I am not saying the 2009 Saints will go 18-0 and into the Super Bowl but this is one fine young team and I can't wait for us to meet them in December,I do think the Saints win 13 or 14 games this regular season.

For now though lets hope that Rex Ryan's defense has a major breakdown this week against the best offense I have seen in 2 years.

Last edited:
Maybe its me but I see a lot of the 2007 Patriots in the 2009 Saints.

Great dependable receivers,Elite QB,Good running game,hard to beat short passing game and bombs away at times and scoring quick- Also a defense that really has no major named players but plays well enough to create havoc - Not to mention blowouts in 3 games thus far

I don't know whether Brady's record will stand this year,I once thought 50 TD passes was going to be very hard to beat,Brees might do it this year.

I am not saying the 2009 Saints will go 18-0 and into the Super Bowl but this is one fine young team and I can't wait for us to meet them in December,I do think the Saints win 13 or 14 games this regular season.

For now though lets hope that Rex Ryan's defense has a major breakdown this week against the best offense I have seen in 2 years.

The 50 TD stat is tough to beat, Brees has a chance perhaps, but he threw 0 yesterday. If he does that one more time, then he has no chance. Thats how hard it is to throw 50 TDs.

The 50 TD stat is tough to beat, Brees has a chance perhaps, but he threw 0 yesterday. If he does that one more time, then he has no chance. Thats how hard it is to throw 50 TDs.

Exactly. 0 td's ytesterday will really, really hurt his chances. Smart money says he will not chuck 50.

Exactly. 0 td's ytesterday will really, really hurt his chances. Smart money says he will not chuck 50.

Will Brees break Marino's passing yards record this season?..I think THAT has a shot as well.

I hate Marino so I hope a classy kid like Brees does it,It sucked how close he came last year and missed.

Last edited:

It does hurt but then again Brady had 0 TD passes against the Jets in week 14 during the 2007 campaign and in another game he threw just 1 TD so its not impossible

Last edited:
BUMP: After last night I would say even better than the 2007 Patriots at this point in the season - you wonder if they can be stopped,they play around for 3 quarters and let you in games and then lower the BOOM on you!!.

Last edited:
Offense is overall better than 07. They run the ball well. Passing wise I would say the were a small notch below up to this point.

Their defense is much better than ours so I would say with their run game and defense, overall this team is better than 07's.

This Saints offense is better, I know, blasphemy.

They have a vastly superior running game, and a MUCH more unpredictable passing game.

The 07 Pats were a one trick pony, a shotgun passing offense that got stuffed once teams saw more tape of Moss + Welker on the field together.

The Saints don't have superior stats, but they are much more balanced and tougher to stop.

They're better. That defense I saw last night doesn't let Eli Manning score on the final drive, and they sure as hell don't drop the winning pick.

They're better. That defense I saw last night doesn't let Eli Manning score on the final drive, and they sure as hell don't drop the winning pick.

The Patriots were exposed during the last few games of that 2007 season where the so called 'bluerprint' on how to beat them evolved.

The Saints are now heading into that exact time frame where the Patriots started to slowly digress from being a powerhouse offense in the early stages of 2007 to being a very good one the rest of the way.

How the Saints do in terms of putting up points in december should be the indication of if they are better than the Pats of 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes