PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 Patriots Mock Draft Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Cushing is an interesting pick. The type the Patriots like one who will be overlooked somewhat next to Maualuga and may help him fall to the Pats.

It's tough to get an accurate look at the USC 'backers though... they had such a dominant front helping them.

Who ever is doing this nice job, reminds me of the Redskins one.. will be nice to go to one place to check out all of the mocks..

Dangit, they got Maualuga going #3 overall. No fair, he's supposed to drop and become a Patriot!! And then to add insult to injury they give us a guard in the first round... Just what we need!!

Sorry about that VJCPatriot... I'd sure like Rey to fall to the Pats, but we just feel he is too good. Let us know if we can improve the database somehow.

FYI the "New Era" Mock on that site has Percy Harvin listed from LSU when he is from Florida.

Thanks mmasterkillah, I changed that.

We updated today, 5/27

Depending on what personnel moves happen between now and then, I'm calling one of three to be Patriots next year:

Travis Beckum TE Wisconsin
William Moore S Missouri
George Selvie OLB South Florida

If Rodney (god forbid) calls it quits after one more SB victory, then Moore would be great. I'm still hoping that Rey runs like a 4.9 and he falls to the Pats.

Depending on how well Tank Williams picks up the D and develops, I could see the Pats drafting a big time strong safety in round 1 next year. A guy like Taylor Mays perhaps?

Last edited:
Depending on what personnel moves happen between now and then, I'm calling one of three to be Patriots next year:

William Moore S Missouri

I think Chase Coffman of Mo. is a better fit for the Pats than Beckum. (But only if he runs well.)

However, I would like to see the Pats take an ROT (Unger) that would allow Kazcur to move to ROG (Assuming Kazcur can beat out Neal) or an OLB that will allow Thomas to move back inside (Cushings).

Cushing concerns me with the "allegations".

Updated 7/3

William Moore S Missouri

Very interesting. But I have DE/OLB Selvie in the top five. No doubts!

William Moore? Maybe the right position but the wrong prospect (Myron Rolle, FSU; Taylor Mays, USC; Kam Chancellor, VT; or, more likely, converted CB
Vontae Davis out of Illinois).

Beckum? OK, I can see playing the odds with regards to how the Pats historically draft. We'll give you that one.

But my money, right now, is on ILB Brandon Spikes out of Florida.
At 6-3, 244 and 4.65 speed, he ought to be available for the Pats.

Moreover, he thrives in passing situations, dropping back or rushing.
The Patriots seem to value that more so than most other teams. I say,
at this point, watch for Spikes to quietly emerge as the Pats top pick.

Dangit, they got Maualuga going #3 overall. No fair, he's supposed to drop and become a Patriot!! And then to add insult to injury they give us a guard in the first round... Just what we need!!

If they are going to push an interior lineman on the Pats, it better be Center (OG?) Max Unger out of Oregon. Otherwise, I think they are wa---aaay off.

Well, do you want to go with the nazi/racist allegations or the steroid allegations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes