PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 NFL Mock Draft Game: Discussion/Vote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With the Combine workouts this weekend, I thought it would be a good time to gauge interest in doing another mock draft. Everyone is welcome to participate, but it’s important that you’re an active member and have at least some knowledge of NFL team’s needs as well as their schemes. There are plenty of sources on this forum alone to get you familiarized with the prospects in this year’s draft.

Obviously there are 32 teams, so we'd like to have 32 people. If we're unable to fill all 32 teams with a GM by say March 9th then we can discuss giving some people a second team, but I think it would only be fair to allow those who take Dallas/Carolina(no first round pick) 1st dibs on a 2nd team.

Seeing as how this is a Patriots forum I thought we’d do things a little differently for the Pat's picks. For the first 5 people who post wanting to claim the Patriots I will be utilizing RANDOM.ORG - Integer Generator as a lottery in order to determine who gets them. The order in which you post will determine your # in the lottery. The rest of the teams are 1st come 1st serve, so start claiming your team NOW!

Here's a potential(NOT set in stone) schedule of deadlines for making picks:

Round One
16-Mar
1) Detroit(bakes781) 10am
2) St. Louis 2pm
3) Kansas City 6pm
4) Seattle 10pm
17-Mar
5) Cleveland 10am
6) Cincinnati 2pm
7) Oakland 6pm
8) Jacksonville(Irish Hooligan) 10pm
18-Mar
9) Green Bay 10am
10) San Francisco 2pm
11) Buffalo 6pm
12) Denver 10pm
19-Mar
13) Washington 10am
14) New Orleans 2pm
15) Houston 6pm
16) San Diego 10pm
20-Mar
17) New York Jets(stinkypete) 10am
18) Chicago 2pm
19) Tampa Bay 6pm
20) Detroit(bakes781) 10pm
21-Mar
21) Philadelphia 10am
22) Minnesota 2pm
23) New England 6pm
24) Atlanta 10pm
22-Mar
25) Miami 10am
26) Baltimore 2pm
27) Indianapolis 6pm
28) Philadelphia 10pm
23-Mar
29) New York Giants 10am
30) Tennessee 2pm
31) Arizona 6pm
32) Pittsburgh 10pm

No 1st round pick
Dallas
Carolina​

Your input on how this should be run is welcome. Trades are something we’ve discussed in the past, but it’s probably too complicated to realistically do. Per usual if you know you can’t be here to post your pick, we ask that you PM your top choices to someone that you know will be here. Otherwise your pick may be voted on by those who are here once the deadline has passed.

I expect the start of the 1st round to go rather quickly. So with that in mind, if your pick is due next but your deadline isn’t for another couple of days, we encourage you to make the selection sooner rather than later to keep the draft moving along. After the 1st round we may shorten the time limit, but I'd like to avoid having to vote on picks as much as possible. We shouldn't have any problem getting through 4 rounds if people are actively viewing the site on a semi-daily basis or at the very least utilizing the PM system when they are away.

Again, I’m thinking about a month from now would be a good time to start. So the purpose of this thread is simply just to see who’s interested in playing. I will fill in the names as they come so you know what teams are available, but I can't edit this post after today. So look for updates to be posted within this thread.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
re: 2009 NFL Mock Draft Game: Discussion/Vote Thread

I am willing to play and want Patriots, and if I can't get them then I will take the Panthers

I enjoy this..... and I will take the Jacksonville Jags

I'll be the bad guy and take the Jets.

I have seen the Bat-signal...
mcdonald.jpg

and I will attempt to do the job. I will take the Detroit Lions!

I will take the Philadelphia Eagles and if that is not alright then I will take the Kansas City Chiefs

I want the Broncos

Last edited:

I'll take the Pats, or the Vikings.

I'll be Roger Goodell and will issue fines in keeping with my daily horoscope and blatant Jester bias.

Last edited:

I'll take the Pats and if I don't get them I'll take Houston

Sign me up for the Chief's

and add me to the lottery

Last edited:

I'll take Atlanta. They have similar needs to the Pats and own the pick right after them

I will take the St. Louis Rams.

I have seen the Bat-signal...
mcdonald.jpg

and I will attempt to do the job. I will take the Detroit Lions!

Bakes, this needs a Commish. It needs to be kept to one thread and if someone does not make their pick during the allotted time, then the Commish will make the pick.

Remember a couple of years ago there was thread after thread calling out those posters to make their picks.

Last year it ran smoothly when it was kept on one thread with the Commish making the pick for the absent poster.

So, are you going to be the Commish?:p

I'll take Tampa Bay.

I'll take San Diego.

updated list...
Round One
16-Mar
1) Detroit(bakes781) 10am
2) St. Louis(broadwayjoe) 2pm
3) Kansas City(ice) 6pm
4) Seattle 10pm
17-Mar
5) Cleveland(Mogamedogz) 10am
6) Cincinnati 2pm
7) Oakland(mcsully) 6pm
8) Jacksonville(Irish Hooligan) 10pm
18-Mar
9) Green Bay 10am
10) San Francisco(Richter) 2pm
11) Buffalo 6pm
12) Denver(spann31) 10pm
19-Mar
13) Washington(Isaac) 10am
14) New Orleans(CanadianPat'sFan) 2pm
15) Houston(A.C Vegas) 6pm
16) San Diego(Metaphors) 10pm
20-Mar
17) New York Jets(stinkypete) 10am
18) Chicago 2pm
19) Tampa Bay(jmt57) 6pm
20) Detroit(bakes781) 10pm
21-Mar
21) Philadelphia(Maroney39for6) 10am
22) Minnesota(Seneschal2) 2pm
23) New England(KevinFaulk-33) 6pm
24) Atlanta(WhiZa) 10pm
22-Mar
25) Miami 10am
26) Baltimore(Watson's IQ) 2pm
27) Indianapolis(Mix) 6pm
28) Philadelphia(Maroney39for6) 10pm
23-Mar
29) New York Giants 10am
30) Tennessee(DaBruinz) 2pm
31) Arizona 6pm
32) Pittsburgh 10pm

No 1st round pick
Dallas
Carolina(patsfanofNC12)​

Bakes, this needs a Commish. It needs to be kept to one thread and if someone does not make their pick during the allotted time, then the Commish will make the pick.

Remember a couple of years ago there was thread after thread calling out those posters to make their picks.

Last year it ran smoothly when it was kept on one thread with the Commish making the pick for the absent poster.

So, are you going to be the Commish?:p

Well I don't have a problem with being Commish, but I was hoping to have one thread for making selections and another for discussion? We could even make this thread into the eventual discussion thread. And within that discussion we can have people vote on picks when necessary, which is what we did last year. I could use some help especially on the weekends if anyone is willing to be Co-Commish? :cool:

Last edited:

I think a Pick thread and one talking about the picks is enough i am sure there are some people that don't want to be involved but want to read about it. I know on another message boad for the whole NFL they do and entrire mock offseason with trade FA and the draft all within the salary cap it's kind of cool cause they ahve like 10-15 people per team that do it and they are all fans of that team

Great idea I will take the New Orleans Saints if I could. Time to do some homework on these guys but their offense certainly needs to be addressed :D:D

I'll be the Titans GM again. I had fun last year.. Especially with all the ridicule of taking Chris Johnson in the 2nd round only to be outdone by the real Titans who took him in the 1st... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back