PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 free agents that could rock the Flying Elvis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocho + Cinco = Cancer. I'd rather have TJ Whosyourdaddy instead of him, but I'm afraid that even TJ's attitude has been corrupted beyond repair.

We need to spend whatever FA $$ will be available on Defense.

Houshmandzedah is as much of a cancer as Chad Johnson. Its why I have now qualms about saying NO to TJ. Because he believes that he's better than Johnson and that it was his being on the team that made Johnson so good.

Interesting point on stud #3 WR being an easy upgrade to just plop in.

I don't see spending a lot of money on outside FAs overall. Too many in-house guys to re-sign. Unless, of course, they think the cap will go away altogether soon.

They're going to have to do something different at CB. Just as they finally drafted LBs high, realizing the old way wasn't working, they may have to pay up more to keep their own FAs (i.e., Hobbs) when they're hitting FA. I don't agree that they've been doing badly on draft and UDFA w/ DBs. Samuel was a Pro Bowler, and Wilson, Meriweather (sort of), Sanders, Hobbs, and Gay have all been starters. That's a lot of full or partial successes, especially given that only two of those were earlier than the 3rd round.

Woods is apt to go the way of TBC in another year. Making roster room for his replacement is a possibility by using Eric Alexander's slot on an OLB instead. But with Ruud and Redd in the mix, and Bruschi probably not retiring yet, that's far from a given.

Yeah, I know I talked more about the draft than FAs. So sue me. :)

Woods is a UFA this year. If he were to sign a 1 year deal, then he'd revert to being a restricted free agent next year.

If Woods re-signs with the Pats, I see him signing a 3-4 year del to be a reserve and special teamer ala Larry Izzo.

Samuel was never a shutdown corner.

Dunta Robinson would be a pretty exciting signing.

Dunta Robinson got schooled yesterday by Brandon Llyod. However, he would be a good signing.

Last edited:
i bet there is a 99.9% chance the Chad Johnson trade wishes come up shortly after the season is over. And I believe Cincy will probably be willing to deal him now. We should give a 2nd round pick for #85 and line him up opposite Moss. Moss NEEDS a threat opposite him to take the double and tripple coverage off him, adding someone like Ocho Cinco would easily do that, not to mention free up Welker more. Plus Gaffney needs to be upgraded to. Chad Johnson wants to win, he wants to play for a contender, and hes wants a ring too. #1 priority this offseason should be sending a 2nd round pick (possibly the Chargers pick which looks to be high in the 2nd round) for Chad Johnson.

don't want ocho at all. over-rated IMO. bum shoulder. He isn't worth a 2nd rounder.

They did that to Charles Woodson for I think 3 straight seasons. So I can easily see them do it with Asomugha.

They did it to Woodson before the rules of Franchising were changed. Now, if you franchise a player for a 3rd year, the tag price is a 10% (non-exclusive) or 20% (exclusive) increase above the player's previous salary OR it is the highest franchise amount, whichever is greater. For instance, if this was his 3rd year of being franchised, Asomugha would be looking at an amount of at least 14.6 million that quaterbacks are. I know that Al Davis is a decrepit old man who is senile, but I don't see him pi$$ing away that type of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back