PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Patriots Schedule Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Patriots just announced the schedule for the upcoming 2008 season, and New England will open their season at Gillette Stadium on September 7th against the Kansas City Chiefs.

More...

Nice. We get to murder the Chiefs on week 1 in front of a national television audience. No better way to vent, IMO.

I like it!! While the bye comes early they go to the West Coast right after it (a good travel break) and play the weaker opponent 1st to shake off the rust then they play in SD on a Sunday night and followed by a Monday night at home (nice break) against the Broncos f/b the Rams at home. They get a mini-bye in November when they play the Bills at home on a Sunday f/b the Jets on Thurdsay then they don't play again for 10 days and at Miami in November. That's a nice little break for the team. Also get the Cardinals at home after coming off the 2nd trip out west.
Love having the 4 West Coast games back to back x2. The team should stay out West and utilize that time to bring the team together. The other team sports always talk about how long trips enhance the closeness of the team.
Wish the bye were later but all in all the schedule lays out nice.

REGULAR SEASON

Sun 9/7/2008 1:00pm vs Chiefs
Sun 9/14/2008 4:15pm @ Jets
Sun 9/21/2008 1:00pm vs Dolphins
Sun 9/28/2008 vs Bye
Sun 10/5/2008 4:15pm @ 49ers
Sun 10/12/2008 8:15pm @ Chargers
Mon 10/20/2008 8:30pm vs Broncos
Sun 10/26/2008 1:00pm vs Rams
Sun 11/2/2008 8:15pm @ Colts
Sun 11/9/2008 1:00pm vs Bills
Thu 11/13/2008 8:15pm vs Jets
Sun 11/23/2008 1:00pm @ Dolphins
Sun 11/30/2008 4:15pm vs Steelers
Sun 12/7/2008 8:15pm @ Seahawks
Sun 12/14/2008 4:15pm @ Raiders
Sun 12/21/2008 1:00pm vs Cardinals
Sun 12/28/2008 1:00pm @ Bills

Last edited:
I wanted to apologize to the Mods for starting a scheduling rant thread that should probably have been vented out in one of the other threads.

And thanks for the info on why we got stuck with all of those road games out west.

Wow. Two back-to-back games on the west coast, that will be tough.

I am so going to that Niners game... and maybe the Raiders game too. Seeing the Pats twice in one year is a dream come true :D

some other fans already complaining about the SOS. Crybaby losers

some other fans already complaining about the SOS. Crybaby losers

Yeah,Well some of us are no better in this forum,We got a bunch of whining babies crying about the bye week - Some in here need some growing up as well.....

There are plenty of idiots and crybabies in Patriots land just like in any other NFL teams fanbase so lets not think Patriots fans are better then every other teams fans because we are NOT..

Of course there are some intelligent fans too,you know :eek:

The schedule is what it is.

The one thing I thought was a little off about the schedule is that they have back to back west coast games two different times, that is a lot of traveling. Fly out, play, fly back, then fly back out again a couple day's later
other than that, it is what it is, you still have to play and win

Sun 10/5/2008 4:15pm @ 49ers
Sun 10/12/2008 8:15pm @ Chargers

Sun 12/7/2008 8:15pm @ Seahawks
Sun 12/14/2008 4:15pm @ Raiders

Yeah,Well some of us are no better in this forum,We got a bunch of whining babies crying about the bye week - Some in here need some growing up as well.....

Dude, I'm a doctor, and I'm prescribing a chill pill for you.

A wonderful schedule for our guys, assuming things are at all like last year. WE discussed their schedule already when the teams and home/away came out a few months ago:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77418

Also, if one more person uses the stupid tautology "It is what it is" to describe their schedule, I am going to kick you in the nuts. Through the internet, using the new pedia-kick system. THat is not saying anything. My dog is just as informative.

X is X. Substitute random crap in for X, and it will be true, and act all insightful and cool when you say it. A good pizza is a good pizza.

I am so going to that Niners game... and maybe the Raiders game too. Seeing the Pats twice in one year is a dream come true :D

Im only bout hour and a half away from SF and Oakland ill deff be goin to both games for sure...

Only 4 days to prepare for the Jets game?

Yeah, that should actually be enough

Good schedule... @ indy though UHGGG :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes