PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 draft...the Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the line I like :

"If the majority of these talented and productive juniors declare, the 2008 draft promises to be a very good one. The class of seniors is one of the better ones in recent memory."

Right now, high level good or bad draft is what I'm looking for. Details will come more as the season gets going.

I agree, the 2008 draft is going to be above average and like every other draft strong in some areas and weak in others.

RB should be huge, barring injuries.

OLT could have 4 studs for the first time in a long time: Long (Mich) Baker (USC) Richardson (Clemson) and Oher (Ole Miss)

QB should have a blue chipper or two.

WR/TE - probably a weak spot right now.

DL - the LSU kid looks like a top 5 pick, but that could change, see Quintin Moses for details. Calais Campbell looks custom made to play OLB for the Pats.

LB - could be the strongest LB crop in a good long while.

CB - should have at least 2 go on the first round.

S - After Phillips the cupboard looks a little thin.

I agree, the 2008 draft is going to be above average and like every other draft strong in some areas and weak in others.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some of those junior RBs not declare. Supply and Demand not in their favor. I've already read that Slaton is thinking about staying in 2009.

Yeah I see your point Dryheat, but as a former FB, I can tell you that EB's all have huge egos. It doesn't matter if they are 1st or 5th on the depth chart. They all think they are the best.

The super sleeper is the kid in Oregon. He'll be a junior this year and he should have a monster year. Would he come out with McFadden etc? If I were him and I ran a 4.4 or better, I would.

PS: BB has spent an awful lot of time down in Miami, ie: Merriweather and Brown, I wonder if C. Campbell has caught his eye at all. I know he dreads the position change for highly drafted players, but I can't help but see a youthful McGinest when I watch Campbell play.

OLT could have 4 studs for the first time in a long time: Long (Mich) Baker (USC) Richardson (Clemson) and Oher (Ole Miss)

QB should have a blue chipper or two.

WR/TE - probably a weak spot right now.

DL - the LSU kid looks like a top 5 pick, but that could change, see Quintin Moses for details. Calais Campbell looks custom made to play OLB for the Pats.

LB - could be the strongest LB crop in a good long while.

CB - should have at least 2 go on the first round.

S - After Phillips the cupboard looks a little thin.

i dont know about Campbell playing OLB. Hes like Julius Peppers minus a few notches on the athletic ability. Its very possible for him to play it though

after Phillips theres some good talent. Heffney, Williams, Smith to name a few

then again..people rise and fall throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes