PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded to the Saints, just showed on NFL.com's tracker.

Last edited:
Jaguars just traded up to #8.

Great move by the Pats. Question is... will they trade down once more? Or take their guy at #10?

Who the heck are the Jags targeting at #8 here??

Last edited:
One more trade yet. Carolina will want someone.... gets us out of the Top 10 money. What else did we get from N.O.? Reggie Bush? :p

Excellent.

An extra third is a fair return, although they lose a five.
But this sets them up to grab Rivers, Mayo, or one of the corners.
And they could get a player in the third as well.

And a huge savings in salary at #10.

NM... our 1st and 5th for N.Os 1st and 3rd. Nice.

C'mon Carolina.

What a crappy trade. The saints were willing to give up a 1st, 2nd and 1st next year to get to 5. Yet the Pats can only get a 3rd and have to give up a 5th to swap 1sts?

That blows.

Great move by the Pats. Question is... will they trade down once more? Or take their guy at #10?

Who the heck are the Jags targeting at #8 here??

Jags should be taking Harvey.

It blows, but obviously the Saints valued Dorsey that much more than Ellis. What can ya do?

I think it was a fair trade. Nothing great. They sure did not rob the Saints but they still have plenty of players to choose from. They picked up a third in a deep draft which is nice.

I hope they trade down one more time.

Bad trade by the Jags though

What a crappy trade. The saints were willing to give up a 1st, 2nd and 1st next year to get to 5. Yet the Pats can only get a 3rd and have to give up a 5th to swap 1sts?

That blows.

Yeah - but there really wan't a player I valued at $18 mil guranteed there. I feel much better about taking an LB or OL - or really any player - at #10 and the lower salary.

3 3rds in a deep draft is nifty.

That blows.

Well that's when Dorsey was on the board.
Big difference.
However I will agree to the extent that I don't think the Pats should have had to throw in a 5th. But whatever.

The Pats might move down once more to a team that wants to guarantee themselves a guy like Mendenhall or Brendan Albert, or any of the top 2 corners.

According to the draft trade chart PATS gave up 1530 roughly. NO gave up 1500.

It would have been more fair if the PATS had not given up the 5th. Then the PATS would have given up 1500 and NO would have given up 1500.

According to the draft trade chart PATS gave up 1530 roughly. NO gave up 1500.

It would have been more fair if the PATS had not given up the 5th. Then the PATS would have given up 1500 and NO would have given up 1500.

3 3rds in a deep draft is nifty.

I'm with you - that's a good chance to grab some solid prospects and we save some $...now hopefully we can get Philly to trade up for Clady or Alberts or Otah and get an extra 2nd or something...

Well looks like my Keith Rivers pick for the Bengals is coming true. He's already got the hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back