PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 AFC Playoff Race (Projection) Week 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
One things for sure with their recent winning coupled with that head to head Win against us the Colts are a lock to be in. That Gaffney drop is looming quite Large now.:(

Last edited:
On first glance, I didn't think Baltimore had any chance of approaching their "expected record" b/c I didn't expect them to come anywhere close to winning half of their games against good teams. But after crushing Philly today....Who knows?
The Eagles look to be falling apart - they tied the Bengals last week.

If we get to 10-6 I suspect we beat out Baltimore.

Getting the 5th Playoffs seed in AFC is Ticket to Second Round.

The Colts are in the drivers seat for that spot with a powder puff schedule to boot. The 5th seed is on the Road vs the AFC West winner *wild card weekend*. Denver or San Diego are you kidding me? huh you couldn't ask for a better scenario. The Colts possibly could lose one more from here on out or completely win out. How does that affect us? even if we win out we have to hope the Colts Drop atleast One of their last Five.

IND @ CLE = Oh Romeo oh Romeo where art thou Romeo?

CIN @ IND = What a train wreck Cinci is.

DET @ IND = See Cinci.

IND @ JAC = What an inconsistent Team.

TEN @ IND = Will this Game be meaningful? I sure hope so.

I still think the Pats will catch the Jets for the division. Even if they don't, I expect to be in the playoffs. I can't see the Ravens finishing ahead.

The six teams (in no order), imo, will be:

Pats
Colts
Titans
Jets
Steelers
Broncos

a crucial game we will face next sunday against PIT

we need a win

but let's enjoy the awesome victory we had yesterday-Go Pats ! Great team !

Here's the deal, we need to win 4 of 5, and one of those wins has to be next week.

Pats finish 11-5 with win over Steelers.
Steelers and Baltimore are seperated by one game, and they play each other one more time.
Scenario:
Baltimore wins out and finishes 12-4. They take division over Steelers.
Steelers finish 11-5 but lose wildcard spot due to head to head against the Pats.
Colts finish 12-4 or 11-5 and get wildcard spot.

I still think the Pats will catch the Jets for the division. Even if they don't, I expect to be in the playoffs. I can't see the Ravens finishing ahead.

The six teams (in no order), imo, will be:

Pats
Colts
Titans
Jets
Steelers
Broncos

Jets will go 13-3 and win the division.
Can't see who wil beat them now, they're on a roll like the Giants last season.

Pats are still badly placed ,unless they beat the Steelers which to me is 50/50.
10 and 6 might not be enough now, we'll probably lose to the Cards
so beating the Steelers is primordial.

Well the colts play cleveland, Jax and Titans, all hard matchups. Crenel is familiar with the colts, due to the patriots colts rivalry.

So the colts could go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. The ravens have a hard schedule so they might also miss the playoffs.

Iam hoping the fumbling bumbling chargers or broncos make it in.

Indy is prob on track for a wild card spot.. Even though the chargers lost, there is no clear cut winner in that west division.. Broncs and SD will cancel each other out.. The Ravens nice story, but should make the playoffs. A win against the steelers which I think we could win this game, would do wonder for the playoffs.. We need to win out, and maybee hope for a jets stumble in 2 of the games..

The Jets beating Tennessee actually gives me more confidence going into the playoffs as a Pats fan. Of course we have to get in 1st lol but knowing we were so close to sweeping the Jets & having now seen them go on to dismantle the only undefeated team on the road I feel good about the Pats chances at making another great post season run.

Last edited:
The team who might just be in trouble here is the Steelers! Remaining schedule:

@NE
Dal
Bal
@Ten
Cle

The only likely W is the last game against the Browns. At 8-3 currently the Steelers could easily end up 9-7/10-6. And with all but 1 game being within the conference they could lose out in the tiebreaker scenario.

Last edited:
Here's the deal, we need to win 4 of 5, and one of those wins has to be next week.

Pats finish 11-5 with win over Steelers.
Steelers and Baltimore are seperated by one game, and they play each other one more time.
Scenario:
Baltimore wins out and finishes 12-4. They take division over Steelers.
Steelers finish 11-5 but lose wildcard spot due to head to head against the Pats.
Colts finish 12-4 or 11-5 and get wildcard spot.

Bingo! That is exactly how he scenario has to play out. Its crazy that 11-5 might not get you a playoff berth this year, but there are alot of good teams in the AFC (contrary to some media reports).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back