PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 vs. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I'm not against bringing up undefeated seasons earlier than prudent, but jeez louise.

The only teams that I could see beating us this year are Pitt, Seattle and Denver. I think we can beat Pittsburgh and Seattle. Denver in Denver is a whole other story - I don't like the fact we are playing them after a monday night game and in denver.

@Denver and @Miami should be the scariest things on the schedule to you if you're a student of history.

Arizona
Houston
Cincinnati/Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Seattle
NYJ x2
Denver

those are all playoff teams in my opinion. Could miss one or two, but this year will be every bit as difficult as 2007. we also get to play the always dirty Jeff fisher defense, so lots can happen.

The only teams that I could see beating us this year are Pitt, Seattle and Denver. I think we can beat Pittsburgh and Seattle. Denver in Denver is a whole other story - I don't like the fact we are playing them after a monday night game and in denver.

"BB's Football Mensa Society" has kicked in early this seaons, while I always believe in the adage, "on any given Sunday".. I believe it less this year..

BB knows Goodell was after him, and when they could not get him he went after Brady..

Payback is a bytch..

Arizona
Houston
Cincinnati/Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Seattle
NYJ x2
Denver

those are all playoff teams in my opinion. Could miss one or two, but this year will be every bit as difficult as 2007. we also get to play the always dirty Jeff fisher defense, so lots can happen.
Jeff kind of reminds me of this guy

@Denver and @Miami should be the scariest things on the schedule to you if you're a student of history.

Definitely, in the 2nd tier though I would put Baltimore, they usually play us tough. And Pittsburgh mostly because its a road game. I always remember that 2011 game. If Pitt can not get a pass rush we should score a lot of points

Eli is still there and has no fear of this team. That defense is also pretty damn good now. I wouldn't crap all over myself if the Pats had to face them, but I wouldn't be excited about it either.

And Steve spagnuaolo is there defensive coordinator. Would not be suprised if the Giants make it deep into the playoffs.

If seattle comes here and wins, Ill... I do not know what Ill do, but they wont win

Miami is tricky because if we're 15-0 at that point, you know they want to spoil the party.

Miami is tricky because if we're 15-0 at that point, you know they want to spoil the party.
Screw the Dolphins. Ever since '07, they can stuff it. Plus we need to make up for last year.

Well, I hope the Patriots get 1-0 every week for the remainder of the regular and post-season so there you go.

Last edited:
Still have some "nail-biters" coming up. Doesn't "bug" me though.

Well, I hope the Patriots got 1-0 every week for the remainder of the regular and post-season so there you go.
Hmmm...my math isn't the greatest but, I think that winds up good.

Like, nineteen consecutive 1-game winning streaks. That works.

Don't care about unbeaten, only #5.

As great as the 2007 team was that they "rolled everyone" is a bit revisionist and I think shortchanges how difficult what they did was - they scored a lot of points and most of the games were blowouts but the games against the Colts, Eagles, Ravens, and Giants all could've easily gone the other way. Even with Brady back and if everyone is healthy at the same time there will be games where it's just not working all that great...the '07 team won those games anyway. This team looks similarly stacked but it's just a couple plays here or there that are the difference between 13/14 wins or 16-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back