PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 vs. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
If (and I know this is so premature and dumb) but IF the Patriots go 4-0 without Tom, then Tom comes back and goes 12-0, would that put the 2016 Pats ahead of the 2007' Pats regular season?

I am pretty sure everyone will say yes (myself included) but we did roll everyone in 2007, en route to smashing scoring records, passing records and TD records.

If (and I know this is so premature and dumb) but IF the Patriots go 4-0 without Tom, then Tom comes back and goes 12-0, would that put the 2016 Pats ahead of the 2007' Pats regular season?

I am pretty sure everyone will say yes (myself included) but we did roll everyone in 2007, en route to smashing scoring records, passing records and TD records.
It only depends on winning the SB.
9-7 and SB Win is better than 16-0 and playoff loss.

If, and it's a gigantic if, that were to transpire, this will be the most impressive feat in the history of football.

Outside of the 4-0 start, the Pats will have played 5 of the top 6 teams in football this year, and have 9 games against playoff teams.

This team is special, and am just glad we get to enjoy this. 12, 14, 16 wins are all nice, but I will just enjoy this crescendo to the Brady/BB era more than any season.

It is exciting to know the team is 3-0 and is getting the GOAT QB back in 2 weeks, the GOAT TE getting healthier, and a player of Dion's caliber back later in the year.

They're capable of all of this right now - what will they do with reinforcements?

C'mon guys, we really can't get this worked up over a single win vs Oswanker. I get that we look great right now but it is really early. A single win over the Houston Letterjackets shouldn't prompt this comparison. There is still a lot of football to play this season and you never know what lies ahead.

We're gonna put up 40 ppg with Brady

Brady and Lewis to return, Gronk to get more playing time alongside another beast of a TE in Bennett, and a vastly improved OL from last year. All of this to go along with an elite defense that's about to get Hightower and Ninkovich back.

If we stay relatively healthy, we're guaranteed SB #5.

I agree 100%, but I am not bringing that up until the Giants are eliminated lol.
With relatively healthy team there shouldnt be a problem to beat any team. I think that in 2011 Edelman was playing CB.
I am looking forward to see game against those scumbags in Denver.

3-0 w/o Brady. w/o Gronk. One game of Hightower. w/o Lewis. w/o Ninko. No Solder in the opener. Rookie QB for 1.5 games.

Not terrible....

A big thank you to LGB!!!!!BANG!!!!!!!!!

I don't care about the Giants now that Coughlin is gone.

Eli is still there and has no fear of this team. That defense is also pretty damn good now. I wouldn't crap all over myself if the Pats had to face them, but I wouldn't be excited about it either.

Lets just keep winning and kick some ass come playoff time. It doesn't have to be pretty, just win. The key is we gotta stay healthy. When Lewis returns, does that mean DJ Foster goes to the practice squad?

What we are doing now is very impressive (obviously), but wehn these types of comparisons come up people have a natural tendency to overvalue the 'here and now'.

I'm not sure anything will feel quite like the 2007 season when the Pats offense looked like a video game offense. Pairing Brady with Moss was like unleashing the cracken on the rest of the NFL. That team didn't just win, they won with style.

We had these same discussions last year, and if last year is any indication, you need a LOT of things to go right in order to go 16-0. I'd be very surprised if it happened. On paper I think we're better than every team we'll be facing this year, but we all know that sometimes it's just not your day.

Well, if anything, we still went 16-0 and 18-0. No one's beaten those records yet. Thank god the Falcons gave Carolina that L last season.

We're gonna put up 40 ppg with Brady
Just make sure we do against the Jackasses, Ratbirds, Pests, Squealers & our Opposition in HOU (not named the Texans :D;))

Just to put 2007 in perspective, those Patriots went 8-1 against teams that made the playoffs that year. That's an awfully high bar to reach.

Just to put 2007 in perspective, those Patriots went 8-1 against teams that made the playoffs that year. That's an awfully high bar to reach.
Well, we're 2-0 thus far!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back