Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Dan Pires posted this at PatriotsPlanet:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25124
2007 Patriots Captains
Nothing announced formally, but here's a list of the captains for the upcoming season:

Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, Larry Izzo, Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi, Junior Seau and Ty Warren.

Faulk, Seau and Warren appear to be replacing Troy Brown, Rodney Harrison and Richard Seymour, respectively. Both Brown and Seymour are on PUP and Harrison's serving a suspension.

Very good choices, if and when this list becomes official. Faulk should have been a captain a long time ago, IMHO. He just quietly goes about his business and does his job.

Last edited:
I thought it was supposed to be 3 offense, 3 defense, and 3 ST? Maybe I heard wrong.

I thought it was supposed to be 3 offense, 3 defense, and 3 ST? Maybe I heard wrong.

No, it's never been that. I think it used to be 1 from each unit, but then the number drifted up. I don't think there's ever been anybody from STs except Izzo.

I don't think there have been multiple captains at the same POSITION except LB, but the number of LBs who are captains seems to keep drifting up.

Interestingly, the bigger yappers (e.g., Law, Colvin) rarely wind up as captains.

Each year there's no captain from the OL I'm surprised, but maybe that's in part because Light and Koppen split the leadership role there (Light more off-field, Koppen more on).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye