PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Pats, Sixth Most Hated Team in Sports History

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really care, (i think these sort of things are moronic) but i know others might. Check out #8 the 1976 Oakland Raiders and the infamous Roughing the Passer against Hamilton.

25 most hated teams in sports history - More Sports - SI.com

Tom Brady emerged from his protective casing and barked: "You don't talk about our team." They were the best organization in the league, and in 2007, it became clear they were also the most hypocritical. For all their policing of opposing players and coaches, it turned out that the Patriots were the ones breaking actual rules.

Read more: 25 most hated teams in sports history - More Sports - SI.com

Last edited:
Re: Pats, sixth most hated team

I'm pretty sure most of that writeup about the 2007 Pats is made up and/or erroneous.

In any case, what a stupid list. What do almost all of those teams on that list have in common? They're winners. Therein lies the root of it all: jealousy.

Sorry to be OT but; 1998-1999 Manchester Utd!

How about every years Scumchester :D

Tom Brady emerged from his protective casing and barked: "You don't talk about our team." They were the best organization in the league, and in 2007, it became clear they were also the most hypocritical. For all their policing of opposing players and coaches, it turned out that the Patriots were the ones breaking actual rules.

Rules????...an interpretation of ONE certain rule that was hamhandedly dealt with by a man with an axe to grind against the Patriot organization and NOW it's "they a RULES breakers!!!!!!!!"...yeah, OK...and Mark Schlereth has an I.Q. higher than a turnip's....Sports Ignorated

Last edited:

I love how #25 is a team that hasn't even played yet!

What happens if they actually can't play together?? Or weirdly all three major signings are injured at once?

I was just going to post this. As far as I see, it's a bunch of people crying about the best teams ever. I'm kind of bummed we're 6, I was hoping for 1 or 2.

I do take pride in the fact that 3 years later people are STILL whining about the Patriots scoring on straight runs up the middle by Kyle Eckle.

Re: Pats, Sixth Most Hated Team in Sports History

I didn't mind being hated back in 2007. However, the constant need to defend the Pats against the Spygate witch hunt idiots was exhausting. I was glad when that year was over.

I was just going to post this. As far as I see, it's a bunch of people crying about the best teams ever. I'm kind of bummed we're 6, I was hoping for 1 or 2.

Same here. It smacks of mediocrity, and that just doesn't reflect the Patriot Way.:)

Same here. It smacks of mediocrity, and that just doesn't reflect the Patriot Way.:)

Still think #14 - 72 Russian Basketball should be #1...That was the worst screw job I have ever seen in my life.............

I posted here during the 2006 season then took the 2007 season off after Week 1 for the sole reason of not wanting to read the Spygate crap week after week. I'll never forget going to Jacksonville Municipal Stadium with friends to watch the Jags/Pats Divisional Game. I was wearing my Brady jersey and I'll never forget the amount of venom that was spewed at myself and other Pats fans there. It didn't make any difference that I rooted for the Jags after that as long as they didn't play the Pats. To them (and Dolphins fans that season in Miami), I was just a fan of a cheating scumbag organization that did nothing to run the score up on opposing teams. I've actually never seen a team that was as hated as our 2007 edition.

What a bulldust list. The author should have listed every Jets side of the last 10 years or so and that would have been good enough for me.

Last edited:
What a bulldust list. The author should have listed every Jets side of the last 10 years or so and that would have been good enough for me.

Please don't call them "sides" anymore. That's a soccer term. We're talking American football. The differences between the two are vast. For one, soccer completely sucks and American football does not. For another, American football players have to wear cups to protect themselves while soccer players have no such need. :cool:

Please don't call them "sides" anymore. That's a soccer term. We're talking American football. The differences between the two are vast. For one, soccer completely sucks and American football does not. For another, American football players have to wear cups to protect themselves while soccer players have no such need. :cool:
Don't make me get all DaBruinz in your face Kontra. It's bad enough I choose to respect the board and go against all my instincts by employing American English in respect for you lot ;).

As for the sides argument.. I refuse to call them teams because they're not.. they're a collection of jerks with jerk looking faces, a jerk looking uniform, jerk type history and well....... they suck.
:p

I do take pride in the fact that 3 years later people are STILL whining about the Patriots scoring on straight runs up the middle by Kyle Eckle.

What people conveniently forget about that game against Dallas and the Eckel TD is that the Cowboys called a timeout after the first run. They don't do that and NE can take a couple knees and run out the clock. Calling that TO runs counter to the notion that Dallas had conceded the game at that point and just wanted it to end.

But why let facts get in the way?

Sorry to be OT but; 1998-1999 Manchester Utd!

How about every years Scumchester :D

Again OT. But why hated in 99? Because they won everything!

BS list.

Look..the six most hated teams in sports...the Yankees, the Yankees, the Yankees, the Yankees, the Yankees AND...the Yankees

you can TRY to hate other teams but put the Yankees on the menu...fuhgeddaboutit

I've read that most NFL players don't actually wear cups. It's like a macho thing.

Probably would of been #1 if they had won that game...which shall not be named...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back