PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Patriots vs. 1976 Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
I always felt the best team i ever saw over a 10 game stretch were the 1976 Steelers. Rebounding from a 1-4 start they were devasting in winning their last 9 games, 5 by shutouts, and then pounded at very good Colts team in Baltimore 40-14 before losing to the Raiders in the AFC title game when they played with Harris and Blier.

But this Patriot team has been even more dominating. Historic offense but still with a great defense.

The defensive players in that era were smaller and not as fast and strong.

Cant compare to the '78 Steelers, '85 Bears or '89 unti we actually win the Super Bowl, but for half a season ,its the best team ive seen.

I didn't see five shut out games this year with your bigger, faster, and stronger defense :cool:

Doesn't really matter which of those two teams are better. Which of these two teams are better 2007 Patriots or the 2007 Steelers?

Doesn't really matter which of those two teams are better. Which of these two teams are better 2007 Patriots or the 2007 Steelers?

+1. That being said, if you could somehow match a team from the seventies against a team from 2007, the team from the seventies would be roadkill. The game is played at a different level now.

Players are stronger, faster and the game plans are far more complex. It would be a joke of a game.

The only sports I think was better in the past then now is Basketball and Boxing.

Last edited:
As I posted previously the 76 Steelers vs. '07 Pats is irrelevant they won't play each other.

This Sunday we find out who is better '07 Steelers or the '07 Pats.

But as for the '76 Steelers vs. '76 Patriots, I would go with the the '76 Patriots.

The teams never played each other. Neither team won their division. The Pats and Colts both went 11-3 and Baltimore won the div. Both the Steelers and Bengals went 10-4.

In the post season both the Pats and Pit lost to Oakland. The Pats lost 24-21, Pit lost 24-7.

So by the virtue of a better record and closer post season loss to a common oppenent I say the Pats were better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down