PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 'Patriots play of the year' award goes to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
not 2007 but 2006 of course...it goes to: Troy Brown and his 'strip' against Mc Cree in the AFC Divisional Play-off against the Bolts !

yr opinin ?

ah...2005 award , in delay, goes to Ben Watson (his amazing tackle 100 yards against Champ Bailey @ Denver)

thks Troy and Ben !

Last edited:
dillion, or ty warren or asante

Re: 2006 'Patriots play of the year' award goes to...

not player but play of the year...

Re: 2006 'Patriots play of the year' award goes to...

didn't you miss a year 2006?

ben watson was in 2006 i thought.

if you are talking regular season, i'd have to go James Sanders, Asante, or Ty Warren.

Playoffs- Troy Brown

i will never forget those two plays

both were amazing

Troy Brown with that play was the first reason why SD lost in January

instead 1st down San Diego it became 1st down New England deep 4th quarter

last year Ben Watson play was simply amazing and incredible
he run all the field 100 yards to crush Champ Bailey - what a play it was...

i will never forget those two plays

both were amazing

Troy Brown with that play was the first reason why SD lost in January

instead 1st down San Diego it became 1st down New England deep 4th quarter

last year Ben Watson play was simply amazing and incredible
he run all the field 100 yards to crush Champ Bailey - what a play it was...

No question, you're right, Italianpat: Troy Brown's play against San Diego wins by a country mile. It was a phenomenal play AND it made the difference between a win and a loss.

Also, Troy (with Warren and Samuel) has to have a strong shout for player of the season. I lost count of the number of crucial third (and fourth!) down catches he made.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been a season with too many great Patriots plays and drives to remember -- and there have been some painful ones against us (who remembers the first play of the season?)

The Troy Brown play, if not for that play we would not be talking about how we should have bet the Colts....

hey, mike, wassup?

No question, you're right, Italianpat: Troy Brown's play against San Diego wins by a country mile. It was a phenomenal play AND it made the difference between a win and a loss.
Also, Troy (with Warren and Samuel) has to have a strong shout for player of the season. I lost count of the number of crucial third (and fourth!) down catches he made.
Unfortunately, this hasn't been a season with too many great Patriots plays and drives to remember -- and there have been some painful ones against us (who remembers the first play of the season?)

mike, are you walking the charles, or the thames?
IMHO the MVP is asante. not just the interceptions, but the number of times he batted passes away.
when he gets his hands on the ball like that it messes with QB's minds. in the 4th quarter with the dolts, peyton's passes were away from asante's side of the field. in other words he cut the field in half. the problem wasn't hobbs, it was the 3rd-string safeties. but asante still has an impact. just watch. they won't pay him. further, they should have locked him up last year, before he got into his walk year.
goddam formula.
it's the achilles' heel for the patriots.

not 2007 but 2006 of course...it goes to: Troy Brown and his 'strip' against Mc Cree in the AFC Divisional Play-off against the Bolts !

yr opinin ?

ah...2005 award , in delay, goes to Ben Watson (his amazing tackle 100 yards against Champ Bailey @ Denver)

thks Troy and Ben !

Good call! I completely agree, that was an "historic" play (both of 'em actually).

let's hope the next award will goes to someone that made an amazing play giving us the 4th ring

anyway Troy Brown and Ben Watson will be impressed surely in my New England Patriot recollection

no doubt

Troy's play vs SD-no question.
Last year had to be Ben's amazing run.
IMO it really has to be during a playoff game because that one game is all she wrote. While Ben's run didn't save the game,it left the world gaping that's for sure.

last year after Ben Watson play my despair after DEN loss was smaller

i saw that play many times more

it was so amazing !

With all due respect to all of You The play of the year goes to Tom Brady for "laying the wood" to Giselle ! :D

Obviously Troy wins; but lets not forget that hellacious hit that Reche Caldwell shook off and Wilfork's rumble toward the end zone against the Jets. Both deserve a mention.

Obviously Troy wins; but lets not forget that hellacious hit that Reche Caldwell shook off and Wilfork's rumble toward the end zone against the Jets. Both deserve a mention.

i agree - those plays deserve mentions too - good calls

True! That SD game was amazing-talk about digging down and going in for the kill...

Mike: 'motto' of the year is

Forza Patrioti Della Nuova Inghilterra !

Mike: 'motto' of the year is

Forza Patrioti Della Nuova Inghilterra !

Thanks, italianpat! I'm glad it gave you a laugh. But we lost a big game so superstition says it's time to change it (see below). Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes