PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Patriots best ever? (good, accurate article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should just dump this thread. If there's an argument to be made for the 84 49ers he's not even bothering to make it anymore.

But, but..

The players had to drive to the stadium over more hills. And fog. Driving over foggy hills is inarguably the decisive factor.

Nose Miner:

What are you defending to the death what no one was actively attacking? It's like you drove a boat into shark feeding grounds, sliced yourself open, jumped in, and then starting flailing?

Re: 2007 Patriots best ever?(good, accurate article)

All im saying is that your schedule was ridulously easy along with your division. Unlike the 1984 49ers, who played in a tough division
Atlanta, New Orleans were real stalwarts...

The 84 49ers weren't even the best 49ers team.

Last edited:
The reason why our division was bad also had to do with the fact that the other 3 teams had to play the Pats twice. Buffalo might have made the playoffs if they were in a different division.:D

So what happened to San Francisco that year against Pittsburgh? The 9-7 Pittsburgh Steelers. In Candelstick Park. Your home stadium. The "greatest ever" lost a home game to a 9-7 team? Right.

The guy is ranking them with a lot of emphasis on postseason runs. By that logic, the '04 Pats would be better than the '07 Pats because NE beat future SB champs Indy and Pitt (a 15-1 team in their house).

Last edited:
"The Patriots have the fewest holes, but their defensive age has begun to show lately based on their inability to dominate in their final three games"

This statement is assinine:

Yeah the Gints game was the first of our last three and yeah they put up 28 on our defense, that was a fluke as the next two games proved.....so how can we have one real stinker of a game on defense and he paints it as a three game slide to oblivion???

How does our old defense hold Jax to 20pts and SD to 12 and not be dominate???

Damn i wish these guys could at least make factual sense in their arguments.

You're a freaking moron if you think players from the 80s were more talented. Modern athletes are always improving over the generation before them. Bigger faster stronger than ever before. This is a pretty pathetic argument you're mounting here.
That's the best argument, and, the '84 Niners didn't even have Jerry Rice or John Taylor yet. The '89 team that did have those guys plus Montana, and did this in the offseason was probably better.

Division Sat January 6 W 15-2 Minnesota Vikings 41 13
ConfChamp Sun January 14 W 16-2 Los Angeles Rams 30 3
SuperBowl Sun January 28 W 17-2 N Denver Broncos 55 10

Re: 2007 Patriots best ever?(good, accurate article)

All im saying is that your schedule was ridulously easy along with your division. Unlike the 1984 49ers, who played in a tough division

I don't think the 2007 Patriots were the best ever. I do think they were better than the 1984 49ers.

How many playoff teams did the 49ers beat between the postseason and regular season? The Patriots played 6 playoff teams and beat them 8 times.

Saying they beat 6 playoff teams in the regular season just doesn't do the Pats schedule justice.

They beat the NFC Champs, NFC no.1 seed, AFC no.2, AFC no. 3, AFC no.4, and NFC no.6. Oh those teams also include the last two superbowl champs.

Apart from maybe the Packers the Pats beat every single serious contender in the regular season (and majorly lit up 4 of them).

Was there anyone else for them to beat?

Saying they beat 6 playoff teams in the regular season just doesn't do the Pats schedule justice.

They beat the NFC Champs, NFC no.1 seed, AFC no.2, AFC no. 3, AFC no.4, and NFC no.6. Oh those teams also include the last two superbowl champs.

Apart from maybe the Packers the Pats beat every single serious contender in the regular season (and majorly lit up 4 of them).

Was there anyone else for them to beat?

The only other playoff team outside of GB that they didn't beat was Tenn, but even then, they dismantled a good 10-6 Cleveland team that was (arguably) superior to Tenn.

I think the Eagles had a tougher schedule by volume, but that doesn't take anything away from what NE had to go through.

I'm surprised the 2006 Colts aren't in the discussion too. Their fan base would flock to polls like that. After all that's what determines the GOAT.

If the Pats win on Sunday, the debate is over, no matter what crap media outlets spew.

The author of this article lost me in his second sentence: "But running the table and going unbeaten is often the result of a fortunate break (the schedule) or a determined team relying on focus."

Really? Often?

All one times it's been done.

Whether or not you judge skills along side of accomplishments it's up to you, but I don't think there's ANY doubt that the Pats are the most accomplished team of all time. The best passing attack ever for a single season, most points scored, just an incredible year for your offense. i think a lot of teams won't say you're the best because you don't have a top 5 RB but you love him in NE, that's for sure. History usually looks back at dominant run games and pure power running attacks that hold strong in history as the greatest ever but your short passing attack is just an extension of your run game. If you line up the 84 9ers I have no doubt in my mind that you'll beat them but a team like the 92 Boys would be tough because they were just dominant in every aspect.

But it's all a matter of opinion. Honestly though, who looks at the 72 Fins as the best ever? It's all about dominance.

Well, the players that are considered the greastest of all time in this sport have come from the 80's. Do the math.

Are you serious??!! So you're just picking a random period, "the 80's" and making the statement they "are considered the greatest of all time..."?

Why the 80's? Why not the 50's, 60's, 90's or 2000's?

Oh wait!!! The 49's were the team of the 80's, that's why!!!

Get a life and come up with some facts. Otherwise you just sound like a 49er's fan.

And answer my previous question with facts. You don't have a choice unless you want to continue to sound like a little kid yelling "no way, the 49er's were the best!" :rolleyes:

Once again, prove this wrong:

There are 3 factors that determine which team is the Best Ever in a single season. Those 3 factors are:

1. Marging of victory
2. Record
3. Strength of schedule

"If" the Patriots win the SB, they will have the greatest number of wins in a single season with the greatest margin of victory ever against one of the toughest schedules ever.

Holding all 3 of these records would make them the best ever beyond any debate.

Last edited:
Actually, the 49ers are winning that poll.

Spoken in the tone of a whining brat "Actually, the 49ers are winning that poll."

Fan polls don't mean squat. For the 3rd time kid, show up some FACTS to prove your point. Otherwise, we're gonna give you a pounding!:violent: :trolls:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes