PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Interactive NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, you're out of the Marquis Hill fan club.
LOL!

Honestly, I thought he could have been a good player after NE drafted him, but I've been very annoyed with his being a none factor. I thought they should have dropped him after last preseason.

Last edited:
Well the Pats are up. Wonder what Mavfan is thinking.

Remember everyone will criticize your pick regardless.

As for picking Joe Staley… my thoughts are if you think you've found your franchise QB in Romo, build around him. The first place you should start at is at the O-line. I'm not sold on Leonard Davis one bit, although with his contract it looks like this team is stuck with him no matter what. I think he's going to play guard anyway. The current tackles are Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo. Adams is getting up there in age and going into a contract year. Colombo has struggled a bit. Maybe his myspace could give you clues as to why that is. Counting Davis as a guard, going into the draft, there is little depth behind the two tackles. At guard you have Davis, Marco Rivera (who's had injury problems), and Kyle Kosier who just signed a 5-year deal last offseason. At his current weight of 306, Staley does not fit the mold of the big, fat Cowboys o-lineman that were so used to seeing. However, NFLdraftscout.com estimates Staley can carry another 25 pounds. Staley can play either LT or RT. I've been going back and forth between Staley and another player who I'll name later. I seriously doubt in real life this would be the pick, but I'm not trying to act like Jerry Jones here.

As for picking Joe Staley… my thoughts are if you think you've found your franchise QB in Romo, build around him. The first place you should start at is at the O-line. I'm not sold on Leonard Davis one bit, although with his contract it looks like this team is stuck with him no matter what. I think he's going to play guard anyway. The current tackles are Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo. Adams is getting up there in age and going into a contract year. Colombo has struggled a bit. Maybe his myspace could give you clues as to why that is. Counting Davis as a guard, going into the draft, there is little depth behind the two tackles. At guard you have Davis, Marco Rivera (who's had injury problems), and Kyle Kosier who just signed a 5-year deal last offseason. At his current weight of 306, Staley does not fit the mold of the big, fat Cowboys o-lineman that were so used to seeing. However, NFLdraftscout.com estimates Staley can carry another 25 pounds. Staley can play either LT or RT. I've been going back and forth between Staley and another player who I'll name later. I seriously doubt in real life this would be the pick, but I'm not trying to act like Jerry Jones here.
Jerry Jones would kick Wade Phillips and everybody else in the teeth if they picked a lineman.

:D

Jerry Jones would kick Wade Phillips and everybody else in the teeth if they picked a lineman.

:D

"Wade, you listen to ME! Joe Staley does not sell jerseys damnit!" :bricks:

In defence of the Justin Harrell pick. He's the best DT on the board and in my opinion, the best DL on the board. The Broncos currently have nobody to play next to Gerrard Warren. Unless you like Demetrius Veal. Bates likes big fatties to plug the middle of the 4-3 and Harrell has the frame to play at about 310-315 and loads of skill too. Jarvis Moss was never a consideration for me as he is too one dimensional and the Broncs have that in Dumervil. Anthony Spencer is one I like at DE, but Harrell seems a surer bet to me.

The only other player I was considering based on the players available was Robert Meachem (and even had his name typed before hitting the backspace). He was the BPA and Shanny wants to build a offensive juggernaut around Cutler. But Walker, Marshall, Scheffler, Graham, Henry, Smith, Kircus and Stokely look good enough for now - maybe the end of round three or day two, we'll find some value at WR.

Well the Pats are up. Wonder what Mavfan is thinking.

Remember everyone will criticize your pick regardless.

Meachem and Lynch are huge talents at #24. How can you resist??

LOL!

Honestly, I thought he could have been a good player after NE drafted him, but I've been very annoyed with his being a none factor. I thought they should have dropped him after last preseason.
I thought Santonio Thomas had done a much better job playing DE in the pre-season. When you think about it, it made sense to keep Thomas on the Practice Squad since he had eligibility, Hill moving over to play behind Warren was a move in the right direction, though I was disappointed with his play when he got reps. In 2005 I thought his biggest need was to get more reps so he could get used to game speed, when he did get in for 2006 I thought the same thing. He just looks like someone who knows what the book says to do, but needs to think about each step because it wasn't coming automatically.

In the defense of Colombo he's actually a pretty decent O-Linemen and I'm a Pantera fan too, damn it! :D

From what I hear the Cowboys really like Robert Meachem, and might like Dwaybe Bowe....but it's likely Meachem they would have selected at 22, if they went WR. They liked Meriweather (but I don't think they go Safety at 22), and I know they like a certain CB.....Remember this is the same guy who said they would select Bobby Carpenter in '06, after I talked to him;)

Last edited:
In the defense of Colombo he's actually a pretty decent O-Linemen and I'm a Pantera fan too, damn it! :D

From what I hear the Cowboys really like Robert Meachem, and might like Dwaybe Bowe....but it's likely Meachem they would have selected at 22, if they went WR. They liked Meriweather (but I don't think they go Safety at 22), and I know they like a certain CB.....Remember this is the same guy who said they would select Bobby Carpenter in '06, after I talked to him;)

Maybe Colombo is just a Cowboy from Hell. :)

I've browsed a few Cowboys forums last night and they didn't seem too pleased with his play. And remember he didn't leave his previous team on his own terms, Chicago cut its former 1st round pick.

Maybe Colombo is just a Cowboy from Hell. :)

I'm hoping Adalius Thomas puts on a vulgar display of power this year;)

Did you know Zach Thomas is a Morbid Angel fan? Freaked me out when I heard him listening to them during his pre-game.

I'm hoping Adalius Thomas puts on a vulgar display of power this year;)

Did you know Zach Thomas is a Morbid Angel fan? Freaked me out when I heard him listening to them during his pre-game.

Nope. You must RE.. SPECT the gazillon time Probowler though.

I can't bear the tension. Where is MavFan? What is his pick?

Yeah, I want to know if he is going to shaft me by picking (Player X). My draft board is start to look pretty empty. :mad:

Yeah, I want to know if he is going to shaft me by picking (Player X). My draft board is start to look pretty empty. :mad:

If you were a halfway decent GM Napolian, you'd have had the rules changed to suit your team and been picking first as the prerogative of the Superbowl winner.

And I would love to know what what was going through that cat's head when the melon skin was put on it.

Jarrett over Meachem and Bowe is the stunner to me so far....

if i were him, id snatch up lynch in a heartbeat
can you imagine lynch and maroney side by side for yrs to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back