PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Interactive NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You waited to long. If you had shown up within a few minutes of the already set deadline I would have let you make the selection, but you didn't. I put the pick up to vote for an hour period past your deadline, and I didn't hear anything from you, so the consensus pick was made. Also, it could effect the picks after your's if I allowed you to change it now. Sorry, but I have to say know in order to be fair to the other GM's involved.

- SP

No biggie, it's just a game. Besides if Stanton turns out to be a bust I'll just say he wasn't the guy I wanted to pick anyways :) I actually like Stanton's arm a lot, just happens that I heard that the Fins love Kolb and they would have picked him in my position. Heck I won't be surprised if he lasts till my 3rd round pick in this draft. I'll just have to use it to fill a different hole.

The Dolphins draft will end up completely different from mine anyways, this is more an excercise in conjecture than anything else. I like how serious everyone is getting over how big a deal Stanton vs Kolb is when it's probably very like they both have over 60% chance of busting and nobody between 61 and the beginning of the 3rd round wanted a QB.

I believe that DryHeat is enamored with Rowe himself, maybe I should take him a round ahead just to spite him ;) JK.

I've been watching the board closely since the beginning of the second round, waiting to see how the running back situation played out as I feel that despite the signing of Jamal Lewis, Cleveland desperately needs to get this position sorted out for the long term.

I felt certain Leonard would disappear before he reached me, not least because the Jets had two late second rounders and I thought he was a player that might suit them.

I don't see Brian Leonard as the ideal complement to Lewis, as they might both be considered power backs, and ideally I would have liked a Marshawn Lynch/Maroney type player. But with my job on the line here in Cleveland I also wanted someone who could come in right now and contribute to the offence, share some carries with Lewis, and help take some heat off Brady Quinn. I feel Leonard is the BPA in this situtation.

Lewis is also only on a one year contract, and is definitely nearer the end of his career than the beginning, so if I keep my job for another 12 months, I'll be looking for a speed back this time next year.

The 1st-page chart is back up to date -- thanks for your patience during my travels! I should be able to update it more regularly for the rest of the round.

Bucs GM press conference on day one draft results...

We're very pleased with how the draft has unfolded for us thus far. With our 1st pick we selected the top offensive tackle in this year's class. Joe Thomas should become the anchor to our offensive line for many years to come. In the second round we knew we had to address the defense. We feel that DeMarcus Tyler gives us some renewed flexibility at the defensive line. The addition of Aaron Rouse should provide leadership to our defensive backfield. Finally, Rufus Alexander is a player we were very high on & are very pleased that he fell to us in the 3rd round.

Our primary objectives going into today were to improve on pass protection for our offense & to address the lack of a pass rush on defense. We feel we've accomplished both goals without having to sacrifice value.

Last edited:
Bucs GM press conference on day one draft results...

We're very pleased with how the draft has unfolded for us thus far. With our 1st pick we selected the top offensive tackle in this year's class. Joe Thomas should become the anchor to our offensive line for many years to come. In the second round we knew we had to address the defense. We feel that DeMarcus Tyler gives us some renewed flexibility at the defensive line. The addition of Aaron Rouse should provide leadership to our defensive backfield. Finally, Rufus Alexander is a player we were very high on & are very pleased that he fell to us in the 3rd round.

Our primary objectives going into today were to improve on pass protection for our offense & to address the lack of a pass rush on defense. We feel we've accomplished both goals without having to sacrifice value.

I have never heard Bruce Allen so PC. Seriously though, a nice infusion of talent. Now if Caddy can just stay healthy...

Damn Bucs just blow up my best laid plans. Grabbed Thomas in the 1st, Alexander in the 3rd... man.

I'm happy with Adams, Ugoh, and Durant, though. I consider them all first round talent.

Last edited:
It'll be a couple of hours before I pick....gotta run at the moment. Sorry. I'll meet my deadline by a few hours though.

Broncs.

broncs' pick is in....'fins are up....somebody to PM?

I have to leave for a couple of hours but I plan to make my selection long before the due time I plan to be back online before 6 pm est.

I'm right here so don't go picking for me before my time comes up. 8PM no? :p

Crowder is a solid pick if the Dolphins are moving back to a 4-3.

are you working the phones? :bricks:

Pretty much. Just did some verification of the Fin's current roster vs projected needs. And my mouse fricking sucks right now because the new driver makes it double click everything even when I only want to click once which ends up for a lot of inadvertant stuff happening. Wish I could uninstall it somehow but it doesn't seem to want to uninstall.

Crowder is a solid pick if the Dolphins are moving back to a 4-3.

Dolphins depth at DE is paper thin right now. After Jason Taylor, I can't think of anyone I'd want to see starting there for the 2007 season. Now he's got a partner in crime. 10.5 sacks in 2006.
Let's see Light handle JT 1 on 1 now. This is why I was actually ready to take Amobi Okoye at #9.

Crowder's strengths include causing sacks, getting in the backfield, and causing turnovers. I hope he doesn't drop this far in the real draft because the Fins would be dumb not to take him then. I think he is ready to contribute immediately in his 1st year. Here's a good interview with him. I think the Fins plan to run more of a disruptive 3-4 so Crowder should be fine for it. He might have to put on 5 or 6 lbs but that's about it, he's already pretty strong against the run.
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=126&p=2&c=633844

Here's Youtube footage of the 2006 Texas D. There is some video of Crowder in it. Yeah he's the big guy hitting the QB. #80.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=feh3k4iH0o8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CPbVDFq1U50&mode=related&search=

To be fair, maybe the Dolphins expect something out of Matt Roth, but it never hurts to add to depth and competition at that position, especially when you've got QBs in the division like Brady that you really need to disrupt early before he can pick apart your secondary.

Last edited:
Dolphins depth at DE is paper thin right now. After Jason Taylor, I can't think of anyone I'd want to see starting there for the 2007 season. Now he's got a partner in crime. 10.5 sacks in 2006.
Let's see Light handle JT 1 on 1 now.

Thankfully we don't have to worry about the Dolphins draft being nearly as good. Even the Miami Herald & Co. can't help Wayne now lol

Thankfully we don't have to worry about the Dolphins draft being nearly as good. Even the Miami Herald & Co. can't help Wayne now lol

Yup I'd say this is about as good a 1st day haul as the Dolphins could hope for. A lot of good players have slipped to their picks and even with Stanton instead of Kolb that's only a minor loss in quality imo. The draft would have to fall perfectly as it has so far for this to happen for em.

I'm proud of the selections we made in this draft with the first day selections of Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma, Steve Smith WR USC and Josh Beekman OG/C Boston College. We hope to get the offense back in gear again and give our quarterbacks more options to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back