PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 AFC East Champs [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Congrats to the 2007-08 AFC East Champions!

It's official...we are division champs

Tonight in my postgame I will try and project when we clinch 1st round bye. If Indy and NE win out, we would not clinch HFA until the next to the last week versus Miami. The teams we need to knock out to clinch a 1st round bye are Pittsburgh and Jacksonville. We play Pittsburgh in 2 weeks and can knock them out of 1st round bye contention by beating them if both us and Pittsburgh do not lose prior to that game. As for Jacksonville, since we don't play them, for us to clinch a 1st round bye after Pittsburgh, they would need to lose one more game, and they could very well do that next week at Indianapolis.

There are too many variables between now and the Pittsburgh game, so any projections are subject to change. It's just that if Pittsburgh wins both their games prior to us (which they should, home games against Miami and Cincinnati), and if Jax loses at home next week to Indy, a win against Pittsburgh would clinch a 1st round bye for the Patriots.

Bob G

The Dolphins are officially eliminated from all playoffs.

There might still be a freak scenario for the Jest, but I'm not sure.

Actually, the 'lphins were eliminated last week. :D

Oh I know,but I have bought shirts and hats for EVERY division win and conference and super bowl championship by the Pats since 1978

Cost quite a bit but money is no issue when you love a team.

completely understood :eat3:

Yeah I'm getting a hat regardless; I have a collection of all hats, Division, Conference and Super Bowls on display in my personal Patriots hall of fame.

And I'll be repping the shirt until it's replaced by the AFC Championship shirt, which will then be replaced by a Super Bowl shirt.

Tonight in my postgame I will try and project when we clinch 1st round bye. If Indy and NE win out, we would not clinch HFA until the next to the last week versus Miami. The teams we need to knock out to clinch a 1st round bye are Pittsburgh and Jacksonville. We play Pittsburgh in 2 weeks and can knock them out of 1st round bye contention by beating them if both us and Pittsburgh do not lose prior to that game. As for Jacksonville, since we don't play them, for us to clinch a 1st round bye after Pittsburgh, they would need to lose one more game, and they could very well do that next week at Indianapolis.

No--if the Pats and Colts win out, the Pats clinch HFA at 14-2 (since PIT can't get there, and the Pats own head-to-head on IND).

We have officially LOST our 2008 1st Round Pick

Oh yeah lol, we did didn't we...:bricks: :bricks: :singing:

Last edited:

For some perspective, the Jets have won 2 AFC East division titles in 37 years.

8 division titles in the last 12 years. Not mentioned too often, but should be!

Wow...good catch on that.

But seriously, when they announced that whole bull about losing a 1st round pick if the Pats win the Division and if they don't...did any of us listen to the if we don't win the Division scenario? Sort of never crossed my mind that we may not win the Division.

Pretty spoiled, aren't we?

Well done pats. :eat1:

Wow...good catch on that.

But seriously, when they announced that whole bull about losing a 1st round pick if the Pats win the Division and if they don't...did any of us listen to the if we don't win the Division scenario? Sort of never crossed my mind that we may not win the Division.

Pretty spoiled, aren't we?

It wasn't a "win or lose the division"... it was "make the playoffs or not". So we all knew we were losing a 1st rounder.

There are too many variables between now and the Pittsburgh game, so any projections are subject to change. It's just that if Pittsburgh wins both their games prior to us (which they should, home games against Miami and Cincinnati), and if Jax loses at home next week to Indy, a win against Pittsburgh would clinch a 1st round bye for the Patriots.

Bob G
Actually we have the tiebreaker against the Dolts, so we'd have to lose 3. So if we both win out we can clinch against the Jets.

To lose it to the Stealers we'd have to lose 3 also, with one of them being against the Stealers, or 4 with us beating them.

Re: 2007 AFC East Champs

Uncorked. :D

Re: 2007 AFC East Champs

I'm under the weather, but I might have to break out a bit of scotch, or nice rum tonight to celebrate :D

Now they need HF to the Superbowl.

So does that mean we get our asterisks? Or will it be one of those tiny crosses?

Very nice. Another record set for quickest division clinch in NFL history. :)

Actually we have the tiebreaker against the Dolts, so we'd have to lose 3. So if we both win out we can clinch against the Jets.

Had my weeks wrong...yes, that's right. If we beat the Jets and are undefeated we would be 14-0 and would then knock out Indy if they are 12-2. Can't forget about winning that tiebreaker!

Bob G

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey