PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 squad is looking drool-inducing scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I can just imagine Watson and Branch and Givens and Graham tearing stadiums down, held steady by a Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur line.

Youth on defense as well. Warren-Wilfork-Seymour-Green. Colvin and Vrabel still have a good amount of years left, Willie and Bru will stick it out a few more.

Hobbs, Samuel, Sanders, Scott.

And then there's the draft...

Plus we're only 3 weeks behind in our 2006 prep instead of 6 weeks behind!!!!!

pats1 said:
I can just imagine Watson and Branch and Givens and Graham tearing stadiums down, held steady by a Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur line.

Youth on defense as well. Warren-Wilfork-Seymour-Green. Colvin and Vrabel still have a good amount of years left, Willie and Bru will stick it out a few more.

Hobbs, Samuel, Sanders, Scott.

And then there's the draft...
I don't see Givens on the team. And to be honest he is a bit fragile... along with Bethel.

shmessy said:
Plus we're only 3 weeks behind in our 2006 prep instead of 6 weeks behind!!!!!
DOH!! Smack! :bricks:

The 21st pick is a nice consolation prize.

I expect us to draft Santonio Holmes to team with Branch after Givens leaves for the money. I love Givens but Holmes and Branch will be a more explosive pair and we have Graham and Watson for the posession role that Givens mostly fills.

Question is, who's the DC ?

Pees ? Pepper ? Rob Ryan ? Jim Bates ?

Well

KDPpatsfan said:
I don't see Givens on the team. And to be honest he is a bit fragile... along with Bethel.

Fragile or not, he's made some huge catches for us and unless he wants stupid money i think he will be back!

Hey let's not forget that there's a good chance that Rodney is back rolling :D

BelichickFan said:

I expect us to draft Santonio Holmes to team with Branch after Givens leaves for the money. I love Givens but Holmes and Branch will be a more explosive pair and we have Graham and Watson for the posession role that Givens mostly fills.
I thught it was in order of elimination which would give us # 26. Am I wrong?

KDPpatsfan said:
I thught it was in order of elimination which would give us # 26. Am I wrong?
Yeah, it's based on regular season record except :

- Super Bowl teams are #31 and #32.
- All playoff teams are after all non playoff teams.
- Tied playoff teams first tie breaker is playoff advancement.

It adds up to #21, baby.

BelichickFan said:

I'd rather pick up a Darnell Bing or maybe LaRon Landry to learn from Rodney and company, or one of the top halfbacks like White or DeAngelo Williams, followed by a solid linebacker (Abdul Hodge? Bobby Carpenter?) and this guy at WR, who I think is another Deion Branch waiting to happen:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=133965

Richter said:
I'd rather pick up a Darnell Bing or maybe LaRon Landry to learn from Rodney and company, or one of the top halfbacks like White or DeAngelo Williams, followed by a solid linebacker (Abdul Hodge? Bobby Carpenter?) and this guy at WR, who I think is another Deion Branch waiting to happen:

We very rarely use a #1 pick to develop behind someone.

Andruzzi => Mankins
Washington => Wilfork
Hamilton => Warren
Minn TE (forget his name) => Graham

It's almost scary how predictable it is.

How will RB be handled though? Dillon seems to have significantly slowed up, and now we're back to where we were 2 years ago.

Richter said:

Who is DeAngelo Williams?

IrvingFryarIsMyBabyDaddy said:
Bill is drafting Mike Huff from Texas. A corner who can play FS. It's in STONE
I was thinking the same thing. A versitial player no doubt. And a leader. Hope fully he is there at 21.

KDPpatsfan said:
Who is DeAngelo Williams?
Good looking RB from Memphis.

We're "stuck" with Dillon and Faulk, though, I doubt we'll add a #1 pick to that mix.

BelichickFan said:
We very rarely use a #1 pick to develop behind someone.

Andruzzi => Mankins
Washington => Wilfork
Hamilton => Warren
Minn TE (forget his name) => Graham

It's almost scary how predictable it is.

I don't really mean that the pick would be developed behind Rodney... this is assuming Rodney is not ready to start the season.

NOWAKJOE said:
I was thinking the same thing. A versitial player no doubt. And a leader. Hope fully he is there at 21.

I'm not so sure he is there, given his ballhawking ability and the rising draft stock of Texas players. He could be the first safety off the board. And I don't know if the Pats take him even if he is there. If I had to name one guy I think they draft at safety, Roman Harper is the guy that comes to mind. Everything about him screams "Patriots player", from his versatility (plays both safety positions), to his big hitting and willingness to play in the box as a safety, to his great instincts, even if he doesn't have great numbers, just average ones.

I'd love a stud safety or CB too . . . but did you guys watch the game tonight ?

The offense sucked. Dillon will be a year older. The OL should be better. But if Givens is gone, WR is our #1 need unless we get a good one in FA.

BelichickFan said:
I'd love a stud safety or CB too . . . but did you guys watch the game tonight ?

The offense sucked. Dillon will be a year older. The OL should be better. But if Givens is gone, WR is our #1 need unless we get a good one in FA.

I think we could use another WR anyway, but I like how Andre Davis developed and would like to see him back, with a shot at the #2 spot if Givens isn't retained. I'd like to keep Givens around though, unless they want to save the money for Seymour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back