PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 DC and OC Performance Outlooks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I must say that this pre-season I'm impressed with the 2006 coordinators. Cases in point, the blitz package on D without sacrificing deadly long gains and on offense the hurry up 2 minute drills featuring Kevin "What The?" Faulk. These were reminiscent of Weis at his best.

Obviously, pre-season is not 'real' NFL football but BB seems very comfortable with Pees & wunderkid McDaniels. FWIW, Brady seems comfortable with Josh. Does he shave yet?

As always, my man Dante shovels through the stable offal and finds the buried ponys. He bees da man!

My only doubts revolve around Brad Seeley's Special Olympics, I mean special teams.

Your thoughts...

The Pats are destined to never excel in kickoff coverage. Our special teamers drop like flies with injuries.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I must say that this pre-season I'm impressed with the 2006 coordinators. Cases in point, the blitz package on D without sacrificing deadly long gains and on offense the hurry up 2 minute drills featuring Kevin "What The?" Faulk. These were reminiscent of Weis at his best.

Obviously, pre-season is not 'real' NFL football but BB seems very comfortable with Pees & wunderkid McDaniels. FWIW, Brady seems comfortable with Josh. Does he shave yet?

As always, my man Dante shovels through the stable offal and finds the buried ponys. He bees da man!

My only doubts revolve around Brad Seeley's Special Olympics, I mean special teams.

Your thoughts...
What's the over under on how long before the Jets fire Mangini and offer the job to McDaniels? :rolleyes:

PromisedLand said:
What's the over under on how long before the Jets fire Mangini and offer the job to McDaniels? :rolleyes:

No chance.

Dysfunctional organizations swivel through 180 degrees when things don't work out. If Mangini (young coach from conservative, disciplinarian organization) isn't successful, look to them to try to lure **** Vermeil out of retirement -- or hire Mike Martz. :D

PatsWickedPissah said:

Your thoughts...

You won't believe it, but I dreamt I had a conversation with Pees last night. Can't remember the details (not that his Xs and Os would have meant that much to me!) but he was very, very tough.

More seriously, I think that Charlie and Romeo brought something to the mix that might not have been there with BB plus two young proteges. Although it's clear that BB is very happy to have a "challenge culture" among his coaching staff, I like the thought of an older guy as DC who has experience of working outside a BB environment. Also, of course, you could never imagine Dante buttoning his lip if he thought that the boss was talking cr*p!

I think that one of the great challenges of a dynasty is to keep the coaching innovative while holding on to what has worked so far. BB has clearly been outstanding at exchanging ideas with coaches outside the organization. Unfortunately, too many of those are now his rivals!

I was impressed with the schemes on both sides of the ball, despite it being vanilla season, thought out Defense was innovative and agressive and our Offense looked great. To have "red shirted" McDaniels for one year seems to have been beneficial...cannot wait for a full compliment of players and the regular season. If we stay reasonably healthy this will be a very good year for us.

OT ALERT:

Just wondering, but what if we hired a new Offensive Coordinator?

I'd like to hire someone named Charles Schetts.

That way a good caption for a picture of our coach and his staff would be Belichick Schetts and Pees. :D Ah, the sacrilege!! LOL.

Yah, I think that last year was a coordinator transitional year for us although I don't fault Mangini. Just like last season, it IS key for the coaches to have a core of healthy players to develop. Now the ghosts of Crennel and Weis are now 2 seasons past and we're hungry to get back to February football.

When you factor in the horrendous injury situation last year I don't think Crennel or Weis could have done anything. Even with Harrison out, our defense was great once Bruschi came back. Crennel never had to play without Bruschi and Harrison (Milloy equivalent in 2001) and Weis, as bad as he may have had it with an average Antowain Smith never had Heath Evans as his lead runner.

Mike the Brit said:
No chance.

Dysfunctional organizations swivel through 180 degrees when things don't work out. If Mangini (young coach from conservative, disciplinarian organization) isn't successful, look to them to try to lure **** Vermeil out of retirement -- or hire Mike Martz. :D
Good point, because Marv Levy already has a job! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye