PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 AFC East Season Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice write-up.

Here's a little bit more info for the fins...

Renaldo hill will most likely surpass tillman at safety, while jason allen is making hjis case for a starting spot. Cooper is currently third on the depth chart.

Coaches are disapointed in Hodge and Brought in Keith Newman to battle him. Currently they are happy with Donnie spragan at OLB. But expect them to be in the thick of it for supplemental draft LB Ahmad Brooks...

Hagan looks good and might take the 3rd receiver spot from welker and campbell as he has much better size.

Lastly Culpepper has returned and done two-a-days with no setbacks. The biggest question with pep is going consequtive weeks. When you use a knee a lot it tends to swell and he may have trouble the week after a physically demanding game. Of course theres also the issue of re-injury. But i've seen him in person and was AMAZED at his rate of recovery. whether he can go every week with the swelling will be up to Ice, and the amount of his work load.

Nice read BTW

Walter:

Nice job! Good reading a lot of strong points!

Keep it up!

ADPF

Frankly, Walter, this is as clear ... candid ... informed ... and persuasive a write-up
as we ever see in print, in national publications.
Certainly, far beyond the analytical powers of posting fans ... like f2p.

Keep us posted on future significant additions to the blog, would you?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. My NFC East season preview will be up on Monday. I'll keep you guys posted on other updates.

Nice job Walter, I don't know how you keep up with all that, great site. One note though, Vrabel is moving back outside, and Beisel is taking one of the ILB spots. TBC won't be starting. Also, depending on how the safeties do, and how Harrison looks, I would be surprised to see the Patriots pass up on Brandon Meriweather, he's the type of player/leader that BB would love to have to eventually replace Harrison (assuming Sanders isn't up for the job).

Last edited by a moderator:
Read all of your AFC previews and I think you are basically on the money. Only quibble I would have is I don't see Pittsburgh compiling 12 wins this season for a lot of reasons. And Cincy only gets there if Palmer starts on opening day. They may still be in a dog fight, but at 10-6 or 11-5 range max.

And like mav said, it's Vrabel and Colvin replacing Willie and Colvin and Beisel (or a player to be named) and Tedy inside.

And eventually Ty will land somewhere in the AFC - either NE or KC will get a bump in the secondary.

I also think Tennessee and Baltimore will do a little more damage early on. Volek (or Collins) will start and Young won't see the field before late November if at all. But for a while with an initially healthy McNair and 3 relatively unknown quantitiy options in Tennessee they will pose interesting matchups IMO.

MoLewisrocks said:
And eventually Ty will land somewhere in the AFC - either NE or KC will get a bump in the secondary.
And that s*&!-eatin' grin on Herm's face everytime he says something to the effect of: "believe me, Ty won't sign anywhere until just before training camp" ...makes me think it's already a done deal with KC. :mad:

Walter is a Pat fan. Not a very good read IMO.

Not happy with 10-6 and making the playoffs? I think he overestimates the Phins chances actually. :)

VJCPatriot said:
Not happy with 10-6 and making the playoffs? I think he overestimates the Phins chances actually. :)

I'm fine with 10-6, I disagree with the the Pats predicition and the they way he breaks down the fins.

VJCPatriot said:

To VJCPatriot - haven't you heard that Culpepper gives them TWO -THREE extra wins automatically? (over last years 9-7 total). That is because Culpepper is far ahead of schedule and won't have any setbacks, 'fins will play the exact same teams they played last year in the same order - they will not have any new injuries this year (compared to last years), they will win all the close games again this year that they could have lost last year, the last game of this season the opposing team will also pull their starters early into the game, all the new 'fins players will learn the playbook and pick up the system without any problems (not like our Chad Brown or Monty Beisel), all the new players will mesh in well giving good team chemistry, none of their older players will decline in ability, all the other teams they play will not have improved vs. last year and finally all of their borderline role players will have breakout years. So easily 2-3 extra wins vs last year, probably more.

No points of weakness or question marks at all for the 'fins vs last year - everything will just be better than last year. Did you not clearly understand this VJCPatriot? It's just common sense. :cool:

soswalter said:
I have this as my signature, but some of you may not have seen it. This is a 2006 season preview of the AFC East. I also have a two-round 2007 NFL Mock Draft on this site:

http://www.walterfootball.com/season2006_AFCE.php

One major thing about your Mock Draft: the Pats draft based on value in their system, not on need. I'm not going to say "no way the Pats take LBs in rounds 1 and 2," as I can think of things a lot less likely than that; but, for example, if they think Tom Zbikowski is a better value than H.B. Blades, they'll take Zibbie.

In other words: the next time you update your mock, ask yourself who's the best Pats-type player left when they pick (and pay close attention to ND, UF, and FSU players).

[P.S. I imagine I won't be the last person to tell you that you probably also have the Pats picking too early in each round. :) ]

SunnyDenmark said:
To VJCPatriot - haven't you heard that Culpepper gives them TWO -THREE extra wins automatically? (over last years 9-7 total). That is because Culpepper is far ahead of schedule and won't have any setbacks, 'fins will play the exact same teams they played last year in the same order - they will not have any new injuries this year (compared to last years), they will win all the close games again this year that they could have lost last year, the last game of this season the opposing team will also pull their starters early into the game, all the new 'fins players will learn the playbook and pick up the system without any problems (not like our Chad Brown or Monty Beisel), all the new players will mesh in well giving good team chemistry, none of their older players will decline in ability, all the other teams they play will not have improved vs. last year and finally all of their borderline role players will have breakout years. So easily 2-3 extra wins vs last year, probably more.

No points of weakness or question marks at all for the 'fins vs last year - everything will just be better than last year. Did you not clearly understand this VJCPatriot? It's just common sense. :cool:

Best post. Ever.

:cool:

pats1 said:
Best post. Ever.

:cool:
Thanks Pats1. When I become King of Denmark, you will have a seat on my round table. (You do have a Coat of Arms - don't you?) :p

SunnyDenmark said:
Thanks Pats1. When I become King of Denmark, you will have a seat on my round table. (You do have a Coat of Arms - don't you?) :p

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Dolphins | Team inflates new indoor training facility
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 17:22:42 -0700

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins inflated their new 96,000 square-foot indoor practice facility Saturday, July 8. Numerous team practices have been cancelled, shortened or rescheduled in recent years due to inclement weather. The facility will allow the team to move practices indoors when such conditions arise. The facility features an artificial surface and allows for climate control as well as simulating potential crowd noise.

Now they even have an indoor practice facility! They're revolutionizing football! They really ARE going to win the division this year!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Now they even have an indoor practice facility! They're revolutionizing football! They really ARE going to win the division this year!

Do you realize how many practices the fins miss due to foul weather?? It's been a factor in their preperations for games in recent years. Whens the last time the Pats, Bills or Jets had to deal with a hurricane or tropical storm??

feelthepain said:
Do you realize how many practices the fins miss due to foul weather?? It's been a factor in their preperations for games in recent years. Whens the last time the Pats, Bills or Jets had to deal with a hurricane or tropical storm??
Very good point FTP. Many people around here forget that it's sunny and 72 degrees with no wind, 365 days a year in New England, and the use of an indoor practice facility up here is really superfluous.

Wait.

That's not right.

Gee, I guess we missed the point which was .... ummm, yeah, Florida, inclimate weather, sure, and they're just NOW getting an indoor practice facility?!? Rumor is they're adding a couple whirlpools and and entire cafeteria next year, maybe even a weight room the year after that. I'll bet Saban is foaming at the mouth over the thought of never having to review game film on 8mm again!

feelthepain said:
I'm fine with 10-6, I disagree with the the Pats predicition and the they way he breaks down the fins.
Culpepper is one of the most overrated players ever. Put Randy Moss on the Patriots ( :eek: did I just say that out loud?) and Brady never loses a game for 3 years. Coming off a serious injury doesn't make him look like your white knight, either. Plus, he's a big game choker. Never liked him and even less now that he's in Miami.
Fish pull up in second but don't make playoffs. Culpepper's done, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
wistahpatsfan said:
Culpepper is one of the most overrated players ever. Put Randy Moss on the Patriots ( :eek: did I just say that out loud?) and Brady never loses a game for 3 years. Coming off a serious injury doesn't make him look like your white knight, either. Plus, he's a big game choker. Never liked him and even less now that he's in Miami.
Fish pull up in second but don't make playoffs. Culpepper's done, IMO.

Wow...love that arguement..Stick with it!

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=37631

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes