PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006-2007 Patriots season starts next month!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Can you believe it's June already and training camp starts next month? My lingering memory from last season was BB's dejection on the sidelines after Troy muffed the punt against Denver and we all knew the quest for a threepeat was over. Can't wait to replace that with something more positive. :rocker:

My lingering memory is that damn INT. But, like you, moving on . . . :)

Last edited:
This is kinda random but I'm so excited I have to mention it somehow. My 16th birthday was yesterday and my mom got me two tickets to the Jets game in November in the 100's section and my dad and stepmother got me two tickets to the Denver game in the 200's section. I have never been to a game because tickets are so expensive and hard to get but I guess my parents figured the 16th is a special one. I am so excited and I can't belive it!!!!!!!!

BelichickFan said:

I would rest easy - we did not lose the game on that INT. We made a costly error, yes, but we drove right back down the field, missed an open TD then botched a kick. Troy's fumble erased any hope. We had a meltdown that started near the end of the 1st half and hit full gear in the 4th quarter.

My lingering memory was screaming at the TV when Asante got jipped on the pass interference call....and then when they showed the replay of George Foster jumping offsides on the field goal...and then the call being upheld after the Bailey fumble...and then when Andre' Davis was tackled on the deep pass, intercepted by Lynch, which ended the game...and then...

However, my lingering memory from late July back in '05...

100_0931.jpg

Last edited:
Shut up shut up shut up!!!

richpats said:
I would rest easy - we did not lose the game on that INT. We made a costly error, yes, but we drove right back down the field, missed an open TD then botched a kick. Troy's fumble erased any hope. We had a meltdown that started near the end of the 1st half and hit full gear in the 4th quarter.
Agreed (although I've conveniently forgotten the "open TD" we missed) but my gut says that INT was still THE turning point (other than Faulk's fumble, actually). Anyway . . .

Fanfrom1960 said:
Grieve, cleanse, move on.
That's what I'm saying. Stop harping on the Broncos game. Please.

Patjew said:
So, where do the Patriots hold their summer camp? Is it at Foxboro?

Patjew said:

It does *us* no good to dwell on it. Brady, Branch, Bruschi, Vrabel, et al.--*they're* the ones who should have that lingering in their memories. :)

Fanfrom1960 said:
So, where do the Patriots hold their summer camp? Is it at Foxboro?

Where have you been since 1960? Yes, it is. You can even watch practice from the bleachers set up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tunescribe said:
Where have you been since 1960? Yes, it is. You can even watch practice from the bleachers set up there.

Well, let's not forget it was at Bryant College before 2002...

pats1 said:
Well, let's not forget it was at Bryant College before 2002...

I know, I was just bustin' his chops.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:

Mine is the Faulk fumble. We were driving, ready to take control of the game. You knew from that point on I knew that Denever was not going to even give a token effort against the run and Tom was in for a long night.

But, a new season approaches. The old memories can be put to rest and new ones born.

i'm looking forward too...

and i think it will be a nice season for our loved New England Patriots !

GO PATS !!!

zippo59 said:
This is kinda random but I'm so excited I have to mention it somehow. My 16th birthday was yesterday and my mom got me two tickets to the Jets game in November in the 100's section and my dad and stepmother got me two tickets to the Denver game in the 200's section. I have never been to a game because tickets are so expensive and hard to get but I guess my parents figured the 16th is a special one. I am so excited and I can't belive it!!!!!!!!

My birthday just passed, and I got squat. I like your parents better.:)

Tunescribe said:
Actually, in California for a lot of those years. I'll change my logon name to Fanfrom1960longsinceinCA (not).:rolleyes:

You guys know that the June mini-camp is NOT open to the public, right? The real training camp starts July 28th with public sessions soon thereafter. Attend the free sessions if you can. It's a great way to see on your own who's cut bait and who's outstanding. Me, I really miss Smithfield though.

When I hear about the Broncos game, the thing that makes me pissed off is when Asante Samuel was called for the Pass Interference, putting the Faulk fumble aside. That was blatant offensive pass interference by Lelie and that would have driven the Broncos back more yards rather then being at the 1 yard line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back