PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2005 Admit your mistakes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's good for the soul, time to come clean on things you were wrong about concerning this years Pats. I'll begin.

1. I thought Willie would have nothing left in the tank this year.

2. Was convinced that Ben Watson would be all pro this year.

3. Thought Tyrone Poole would be an above average CB.

4. I also thought David Terrell would revive his career here in NE.

On the other side of the ledger, as soon as I read that #54 was PUP instead of IR, I KNEW he would be back this year.

Happy New Year Ladies and Gents, let's hope the Pats make this winter an historic one.

Good thread.

1) Thought moving Vrabel inside would be a big mistake. Wrongo.

2) I thought Beisel would pick up the defense eventually and be a "Tedy Jr."

3) I thought Tyrone Poole would make it through 4 whole games before getting his hangnail.

4) I thought Corey would look better than he has. :(

5) I thought we might finally shake this damn injury bug and we wouldn't have to hear the word "patchwork" regarding our defense again this year.

6) I thought Asante would elevate his performance from last year and start sniffing the 'elite' catagory, instead he seemed to go backwards.

7) I was SURE that we'd never see Troy Brown on defense again.

8) I thought we'd finally get to see whatever it is that Belichick sees in Klecko this year.

9) I thought once that Vrabes and Bruschi were on the inside we'd see Chad Brown flexing his pass-rushing muscle from the outside more.

I think I could go on and on here. The only thing I had right was that David Terrell was a waste of space for the little time he was here.

I thought Matt Chatham would eventually start.

I thought...I thought...

Oh, hell, you guys know me. I was optimistic all the way through. I never had doubts or total balloons.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Good thread.

1) Thought moving Vrabel inside would be a big mistake. Wrongo.

2) I thought Beisel would pick up the defense eventually and be a "Tedy Jr."

3) I thought Tyrone Poole would make it through 4 whole games before getting his hangnail.

4) I thought Corey would look better than he has. :(

5) I thought we might finally shake this damn injury bug and we wouldn't have to hear the word "patchwork" regarding our defense again this year.

6) I thought Asante would elevate his performance from last year and start sniffing the 'elite' catagory, instead he seemed to go backwards.

7) I was SURE that we'd never see Troy Brown on defense again.

8) I thought we'd finally get to see whatever it is that Belichick sees in Klecko this year.

9) I thought once that Vrabes and Bruschi were on the inside we'd see Chad Brown flexing his pass-rushing muscle from the outside more.

I think I could go on and on here. The only thing I had right was that David Terrell was a waste of space for the little time he was here.

My god, how could you be so wrong about so much?

I'm never wrong about anything and I'm also a liar.

PATSNUTme said:
My god, how could you be so wrong about so much?
I kept reading those PMs you sent me trying to coach me up to actually sound like a knowledgeable football geek.

I want my money back.

:D

pats1 said:
I thought...I thought...

Oh, hell, you guys know me. I was optimistic all the way through. I never had doubts or total balloons.
LIAR!! You were on the Terrell bandwaggon, and you know it! I'd search the forums to prove my wild accusations, but alas........:p

Last edited:
After losing to the Colts and being 4-4, I thought the season was a lost cause even if we still were very likely to win the division. I just didn't think that our defense was going to be able to pull things together. I'm glad that I was dead wrong about that.

1). Vrabel inside was a bad idea. I was wrong.
2). Chad Brown would solidify the inside. Another falsehood.
3). Patrick Pass is a below than average FB. I was proven wrong.

Wrong...
1. Beisel would be a great asset - wrong
2. Chad Scott a great addition - didn't happen
3. Gus Scott a good SS - nope injured again
4. Pessimistic about Pats winning out in playoffs - TBD
5. Front 7 would kick ass this season - just in December so far
6. That Navy kid was a stump - nope he was a good RB, cut only to save Klecko's useless ass
7. We'd beat San Diego - way wrong; I was there (again)

Things right...
1. Said from day one that Bru would come back and start after PUP wait
2. Pass an asset
3. Klecko useless

1.) I thought the colts would be 0-16
2.) I thought the steelers would be 0-16
3.) I thought the jets would be 0-16
4.) I thought the dolphins would be 0-16
5.) I thought the bills would be 0-16
6.) i thought the eagles would be 0-16
7.) I thought the patriots would be 16-0!

Can't remember where I parked my car.

Much better at remembering what I was right about but that wasn't the question, was it?

Klecko-really thought he'd be an ILB

Watson-thought he'd be more of an impact, but there were extenuating circumstances.

Dillon--expected more yds, " " " " "

Colvin--pleasant surprise

Hobbs-- " "

I thought that the Political Discussion Forum was filled with nothing but anti-American sentiment, and that was what was filling me with so much frustration and anger ...

It wasn't ...

To anyone that I may have offended you have my apologies. I guess that dealing with Katrina (my personal loss statement was easy - 100%, plus a wiped out business - but it's coming back) finally got to me ... The PD forum just gave me something concrete to point at and blame ...

But, as things continue to improve ... Well, I've settled down a bit ...

So, again sorry for the way I acted ...

Oh .... I was fully expecting a third 14-2 season ...

I thought Richard Seymour would hold out into the regular season.

I thought David Terrell would be a stud wide receiver for us.

Didn't think I'd be the first one to say it but...

I thought Starks would easily nail down a starting spot and be our best CB.

1. The Patriots would only need Ellis Hobbs exclusively on kickoff returns.
2. Chad Brown, Monty Beisel, and Duane Starks wouldn't suck.
3. David Terrell would make the team and successfully replace David Patten in the offense.
4. The Patriots with their injuries, especially to Rodney Harrison, would have no way of recovering and would be a soft, one-and-done playoff version of the 2002 squad.
5. That they wouldn't lose more than 4 games, despite the adversity heading into the season. Hopefully I'll be just 1 game off.

Last edited:
I, like many others, thought we were finito even if we won the division. I would never have predicted this turnaround.

RIP#40 said:
It's good for the soul, time to come clean on things you were wrong about concerning this years Pats. I'll begin.

1. I thought Willie would have nothing left in the tank this year.

2. Was convinced that Ben Watson would be all pro this year.

3. Thought Tyrone Poole would be an above average CB.

4. I also thought David Terrell would revive his career here in NE.

On the other side of the ledger, as soon as I read that #54 was PUP instead of IR, I KNEW he would be back this year.

Happy New Year Ladies and Gents, let's hope the Pats make this winter an historic one.

Apologies if my list looks like other answers. I replied to the question without reading the whole thread. I would have to agree with that list, apart from Bru. I thought he was out. I thought we would go 14-2 and possibly better. Other mistakes? Expecting a lot more from Duane Starks (ouch!), Vince Wilfork (he is starting to improve but watching him get pushed around when rushing the passer was awful), forgetting that being a rookie co-ordinator is incredibly difficult in a way that most of us will never understand, ignoring the fact that our team is a very good one but also gets injuries, watching Nick Kazcur concede a sack on his first play from scrimmage and think "OMG" (I watched the tape later and realised that it was 2 against 1) and many, many more.
I also never saw the Colts or Chargers blowouts coming, although did expect us to lose to the Colts. I also didn't expect the D to improve so much in the last three weeks to the point where we are contenders again.

What did I get right? Well, erm, Josh Miller looks good, doesn't he? :D

Oh, and OT, I know. But I was wrong about the Ashes Test Cricket Series. We (England) beat Australia (the best team in the world and one of the best ever) 2-1 in a five game series. I HAPPILY admit to being wrong about that one!

Chevy said:
I thought that the Political Discussion Forum was filled with nothing but anti-American sentiment, and that was what was filling me with so much frustration and anger ...

It wasn't ...

To anyone that I may have offended you have my apologies. I guess that dealing with Katrina (my personal loss statement was easy - 100%, plus a wiped out business - but it's coming back) finally got to me ... The PD forum just gave me something concrete to point at and blame ...

But, as things continue to improve ... Well, I've settled down a bit ...

So, again sorry for the way I acted ...

Oh .... I was fully expecting a third 14-2 season ...

You have nothing to apologise for. I've said some stuff on that forum which was offensive and over the top. We all do. I don't always agree with your politics (and sometimes do, which may surprise you) but respect the way you post and your humour (which is quite developed for an American- that would be those years you spent here: :D). I am really sorry to hear about the business. Perhaps I really SHOULD look at a way of getting that Caffrey's over to you. Good luck in the New Year BTW.

'I thought we would dominate this year. I was wrong but so f'ng what. Im s-faced drunk right now, but Ill say it right now-- we'll be toastin No. 4 in less a little over a month. mark it the F down. Bring tha noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back