PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2004 Patriots SB Ring sold on Pawn Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSR

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you watch Pawn Stars, but for those that missed it, a guy came in to sell them his 2004 Patriots SB ring that used to belong to Ricky Bryant (I didn't know who he was at first but apparently he was on the practice squad.). This is their second Patriots SB ring, the first being the 2001 ring that was given to Brock Williams. It was a pretty cool episode and I like that Rick is a Chargers fan but can still appreciate owning it. He bought it for $21k, which seemed pretty cheap.

Pawn Stars — Pawn Stars: Patriot Games — History.com Videos

I wonder how much Rich would pay for a preseason proclaimed New York Jets Super Bowl Ring??

Will certainly be new and never worn :p

I wonder how much Rich would pay for a preseason proclaimed New York Jets Super Bowl Ring??

Or the game ball that was given to the fans a few seasons ago when they beat the Pats? ;)

There is one on Ebay for $63,000...the Pawn Stars guy should really make a profit.

They are going to make 9-10K off that one transaction...i want that dam job

There is one on Ebay for $63,000...the Pawn Stars guy should really make a profit.

That's a staff ring so I doubt it goes for that much. That being said, I think Rick likes to collect them. His father and son in the episode are giving him a hard time because he overprices them so they won't be sold. Of course he denies this as he is sitting at his desk wearing the ring.

They're making so much money with the show I bet he's never going to sell it hahaha

Problem is, you have to find it first.
images

Last edited:
They make so much money on that show that the dunce of the show, Chumley, drives a Lamborgini and has 3 other rides.

They make so much money on that show that the dunce of the show, Chumley, drives a Lamborgini and has 3 other rides.

I've never believed that Chum is as dumb as they make him out to be.

The son and Chumley get $1000 appearance fee once a week at some club....that's one car payment, two to go.

I love that show and I watched the other day.

My favorite part is that the ring was made to be so big that they didnt have a machine it would fit in to brand the inside of the ring. They had to hand engrave it with a laser.

This made Rick question if it was real because he grabbed his old ring with the machine engraving on the inside.

I was suprised by how cheap he got it as well. My brother and I were joking how cool it would be to own and I said no way could I ever spend the money it would take to buy it even if I were rich then it sold for like 20,000 Gs still out of my price range but I could see myself buying it at that price with desposable income.

all i know is if i had an extra 200k lying around i would be in that shop offering 100k of it for both rings and have the exta 100k jsut in case i needed it

all i know is if i had an extra 200k lying around i would be in that shop offering 100k of it for both rings and have the exta 100k jsut in case i needed it

basically what I was saying. Though what qualifies as an extra 200k might be vastly different for the two of us. I think I would need 8 figures before I would go that far certainly multi-mil.

It may seem cheap...but just remember who it came from... a guy who even most Patriots fans would say...who the funk is that?

Value depends almost entirely on whose ring it is, not just the fact it's a Super Bowl ring. Hell, it'd be worth more even if it was just from an ACTIVE player.

My personal small business is doing what is similar to this show

Albeit,it's a MUCH smaller customer base here and I dont deal with historical stuff,but ALOT of what they do in terms of a payout to someone who sells them stuff is just about on the money at 60% profit on everything bought which is the norm in their business and my own.

Yeah, as a reseller myself, I am definitely in sympathy with the views expressed by the fan from PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes