PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2003 NFC Championship Game - History Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATippett56

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
While the New England Patriots fans deliberate the current wide receiver situation on the New England Patriots 2006 roster, let's revisit recent history with another team that advanced to the 2003 NFC Championship Game. The Philadelphia Eagles that year, under the direction of Andy Reid, may have fielded worst group of wide receivers in the history of the NFL playoffs. The names of those aforementioned receivers have been well documented for their less than stellar performance:

Todd Pinkston better known as Todd Stinkston
James Thrash better known as James Trash
Freddie Mitchell better known as Freddie "The People's Chump" Mitchell

http://www.profootballreference.com/teams/phi2003.htm

Does anyone doubt the current New England Patriots wide receiver corps is worse than the 2003 Philadelphia Eagles? If the 2003 Philadelphia Eagles were able to at least advance to NFC Championship Game, does anyone doubt the current New England Patriots team will advance that far in the 2006 AFC playoffs?

Food for thought.

while i dont deny that our group of wide receivers is definitely better than the guys that you mentioned, you have to remember that the eagles played in the NFC East - (the nfc is generally considered the weaker conference, and that year i think i remember the nfc east was particularly weak.

Also remember that this was against the "cheating" Carolina Panthers that they lost to, so if that team wasn't on steriods, would the outcome have been different? I don't remember anything about the game, so I'm just wondering.

I think that shows how Great Donovan McNabb is and how he is not overrated like some people say.

What always amazed me about this game is that Carolina DBs committed uncalled holding or PI more that twice as much as NE did against Indy, yet you didn't hear a thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes