Welcome to PatsFans.com

2000 -2007:Food stamps has increased from 17.2 millions to about 28 millions

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Apr 9, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So more eligible people are getting aid, not that there are more people eligible. And it's expected to hit 28, although they don't know, since they only have information from three years ago.

Talk about yellow journalism...this is yellow posting.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  3. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

28 millions

/Purple

4. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

5. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Maybe they'd work if single mothers didn't hog three jobs each! ;)

6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

am i reading this wrong? is one stamp worth a dollar?

regardless.... look at the value of the dollar and price of oil. people need more stamps to buy the same amount of food. and i'm sure more people need them

this is not surprising

7. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

how is Bush the major source of outsourcing? unless he prohibits businesses from relocating outside the US or allowing foreign companies from buying US businesses how can he be a major factor. sure there are trade agreements.

but don't you think it comes down to let's say for example Nike paying indonesian people as an example a dollar a day to make sneakers and then Lebron James gets millions for saying 20 seconds on a commerical?

something just doesn't seem right there.

this is the price america has to pay as they've mortgaged the future for a long time. you want good wages and a good standard of living then captialists are going to find cheaper labor to make more money and this causes the jobs to leave the country.

please tell me what infrastructure america really has? and how much ahs that decreased over the past twoo decades? what do we really produce?

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I read an article the other day...and I can't remember where it was, but it said America actually had a lot more smokestack industry than most people realized. I'll try to find it.

I know companies like Cat and Deere are doing quite well, thanks to the demand for heavy equipment world wide.

9. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Prove it.

10. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Youa re very right even though the constitution equal rights, it doesn't guarantee equal opportunity.

the thing about working and handouts is that there has to be a big gap between working and aid. if they are close and no real incentive to work then why would anyone? why work yourself to the bone and take years off your life for no added gain?

i think a huge change has to come from education. we need to catch up with the rest of the world. we need to redefine high school. we waste too much money on disinterested kids and forcing equal opportunity while they just show up and are in school drop outs continually disrupting and getting in trouble. we need to get rid of that burden and take that wasted money and invest in those individuals who want to learn and want to go to great colleges.

i balk at equal opportunity and colleges. if i was middle class and wanted to go to ivy league and had the grades my financial aid package would be junk. we need to make colleges more affordable and not just the state ones. we need to invest in people who want to learn and want to work.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

He's helping the poor and providing healthy food for the poor and their families just like Hillary and the democrats want, we also have 12 million new people (illegal aliens).

When the democrats hear about all this they will want him to run for a third term, God bless him.

Sounds like Bush is turning into a democrat (maybe he read Hillarys book)

:bricks:

12. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Or it tells you that the last 8 years were not so great , specially after 9/11 many businesses never recovered , or stayed on a lethargic state.

13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How can you say that? The last year they actually have real numbers for is 2005. Do you not read your own articles?

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Here's a prediction, in 10 years it will be even more people than it is now. Why? Cuz the more you give out for free, the more and more people that will put a hand out asking for their share.

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Not at all. He has no problem reading & comprehending all the things he wants to see. :D

16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

The food stamp program is a Dept of Agriculture program, and was designed to help the farmers... the people who receive them are secondary to the original intent.

17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

It is survival of the fittest, I love it!

18. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

The increase in food stamps means only one thing, and increase in fraud. most food stamps are redeemed not a big chain grocery stores, but at small bodegas who usually pay $.50 on the dollar for them. The food stamp receiptient, takes the stamps, and sells $100 dollars worth of food stamps to the bodega for $50 in cash (because you can not buy cigarettes, alcohol, or illegal drugs (in therory) with food stamps), the bodgea in turn get reimbursed by YOUR TAX DOLLARS for the full $100 dollars. So you could own a Bodega and just do this and make millions. Their was one Bodega in Jackson Heights (Queens) that had exchanged somthing ridiculous like 1 million dollors worth of food stamps, and yet bought only $10,000 worth of wholesale groceries in that same time period.

The problem is that this program goes virtually unprotected. How many Deptartment of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General Agents do you think we have?

Once again, Medicare and Medicaid fraud are even a bigger problem than the food stamp fraud, so you could only imagine who that fraud would increase 1000 times with any national healthcare plan.