PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

20 most important people in Patriots history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre Tippett should also be in the top 30 list

italianpatthepatriot said:
i should have put him higher too but i did not liked they way he managed his
'trip' to NY before our Super Bowl against GB

I agree. I'll never forgive him for that. My happiest first thoughts when the Patriots beat the Steelers to get to SB36 was that "thank goodness Belichick has taken them as far as Parcells did. We wont have to hear Tuna Tuna Tuna anymore". And you know what? We really havent since then.
Belichick has 5 rings and 6 SB appearances as a HC or DC. Parcells has 2 rings and 3 appearances. Belichick has won 3 SB's without Parcells. Parcells has not won A SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME without Belichick. And Belichick has proven to be a much better GM.
But id still put Parcells at #5.

i should have put him higher too but i did not liked they way he managed his
'trip' to NY before our Super Bowl against GB
Chuck Fairbanks departure wasn't pretty either. He was suspended his last game for signing a contract with Colorado before his contract was up. The Pats got clobbered by Houston in the playoffs right after if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
dr said:
Chuck Fairbanks departure wasn't pretty either. He was suspended his last game for signing a contract with Colorado before his contract was up. The Pats got clobbered by Houston in the playoffs right after if I remember correctly.

you are right, dr, but probably i forgive him because the ownership was different (first) and (second) probably it was another football hera

3 to be 4 said:
I agree. I'll never forgive him for that. My happiest first thoughts when the Patriots beat the Steelers to get to SB36 was that "thank goodness Belichick has taken them as far as Parcells did. We wont have to hear Tuna Tuna Tuna anymore". And you know what? We really havent since then.
Belichick has 5 rings and 6 SB appearances as a HC or DC. Parcells has 2 rings and 3 appearances. Belichick has won 3 SB's without Parcells. Parcells has not won A SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME without Belichick. And Belichick has proven to be a much better GM.
But id still put Parcells at #5.

nobody knows for sure but probably if The Tuna was 100% concentred on us...we should have won before a ring (with a qb named Drew Bledsoe...)

NEM said:
He is Bill Belichick's PERSONAL ASSISTANT

http://www.andover.edu/athletics/sportstalk/AB_EAdams.pdf

Do you want my mailing address for the $10,000 or , if you prefer, you can send it now via Western Union. I, certainly, can use it as I lost my job this past Monday. Thanks.

Sorry NEM. Berj Najarian is BB's personal assistant. Ernie's good some weird convoluted title like Director of Football Research.

As of the writing of the Halberstam book, I think it was "Director of football strategy" or "Director of Strategic Operations" or something with the word "strategy" in it. I remember thinking "Wow, NORAD has a football team?"

PFnV

nobody knows for sure but probably if The Tuna was 100% concentred on us...we should have won before a ring (with a qb named Drew Bledsoe...)

How?
Would the Tuner have run out on the field and tackled Green Bay players before they INTERCEPTED Bledsoe 4 times?
Drew CONSISTENTLY played below par in playoff games.

I too despised Parcells for opting out on that SB game but the 2nd worst thing we had going for us was Drew Bledsoe. Max Lane was the 3rd.

Hoodie said:
Sorry NEM. Berj Najarian is BB's personal assistant. Ernie's good some weird convoluted title like Director of Football Research.

Yah, the old coot is infamous for frequently making blatently incorrect statements in an authoritative tone.

MoLewisrocks said:
20 most important people IMHO in Patriots history

1 - Bob Kraft
2 - Bill Belichick
3 - Tom Brady
4 - Scott Pioli
5 - Billy Sullivan
6 - Bill Parcells
7 - Adam Vinatieri
8 - Lawyer Milloy
9 - Ty Law
10 -Tedy Bruschi
11 - Richard Seymour
12 - John Hannah
13 - Andre Tippett
14 - Rodney Harrison
15 - Gino Cappelletti
16 - Stanley Morgan
17 - Troy Brown
18 - Steve Grogan
19 - James Orthwein
20a - Drew Bledsoe
20b - Mo Lewis :D

---cut---
OK I guess. But why Milloy over Law? Just curious.

PatsWickedPissah said:
How?
Would the Tuner have run out on the field and tackled Green Bay players before they INTERCEPTED Bledsoe 4 times?
Drew CONSISTENTLY played below par in playoff games.

I too despised Parcells for opting out on that SB game but the 2nd worst thing we had going for us was Drew Bledsoe. Max Lane was the 3rd.

i have noted that when we start to talk about Drew Bledsoe there are 50% of the fans that are 'with' him and 50% of the fans that are 'against' him...

i have noted that when we start to talk about Drew Bledsoe there are 50% of the fans that are 'with' him and 50% of the fans that are 'against' him...

Yes, the Bledsoe Krishna sect dies hard.

FreeTedWilliams said:
You forgot the most important man in all of Patriot's history:

Michael Jackson!

without he and his brothers screwing the Sullivans out of millions and the town fathers of Foxboro doing the same, the Sullivans would have never sold the team to Kiam, and then so on and so on, until we were saved by Bob Kraft! Honestly the money lost by the Sullivans due to the "Vicory Tour" was the beginning of the end of them (Thank God), and then like a Phoenix raising from the ashes of it's own death, the Pats emerged.......

BTW Bob Kraft, please buy the Bruins!!!!

HAHA!! I was saying the same thing about the Bruins to a co-worker this week!

I agree with the people on the list, although it kills me to think of Billy Sullivan being ahead of BB and Tom Brady!

Bledsoe should be higher. Not in the teens, try top 8 or so. His arm saved the Patriots. Kraft got lucky, because of players (first Bledsoe, and unfathomably lucky with Brady).

PatsWickedPissah said:
Yes, the Bledsoe Krishna sect dies hard.

now that i read also primetime and paulnepats the majority seems to be pro Bledsoe

now that i read also primetime and paulnepats the majority seems to be pro Bledsoe

Made my case regarding the persistance of Bledsoe Krishnas.

Brings back fond memories of old USENET wars regarding Bledsoe's deteriorating performances in the games following his 4 INTs in the Green Bay SuperBowl. Those debates rose to a creschendo once Moe Lewis caused an earlier change in the starting lineup and they peaked once His Drewness was healthy enough to play again and Belichick wisely stayed with Brady. The Krishnas final whine occured once the season ended and speculation abounded regarding the 2002 starting QB and tailed off once Bledsoe was traded to the idiot GM Tom Donohoe in Buffalo.

Mo Lewis is the single most important person in Patriots history...his hit unleashed the flood dam and led to an unprecedented era of success in Patriot history

NEM said:
He didnt ask what his title was, just what he does? The PDF I found tells it all. I WIN...... again.:)

Clearly, you are a 'winnah'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back