15 - Gino Cappelletti
16 - Drew Bledsoe
17 - Adam Vinatieri
18 - Tedy Bruschi
19 - Richard Seymour
20 - Pat Sullivan

surely i will discover i forget someone

next my friends ?
at the first 2 positions i put the two most important persons imho because without them...no Patriots...

Maybe the snowplow guy and the official who invented the tuck rule?

JoeSixPat said:

i agree...
so...Mark Henderson at n.21 ?

James Orthwein for selling the team to Kraft instead of moving it.

Pat Patriot (how could i forget our 'logo' ?)

Give me Mo

Mo Lewis . . . his hit on Drew got Tom off the bench and the Dynasty began.

You forgot the most important man in all of Patriot's history:

Michael Jackson!

without he and his brothers screwing the Sullivans out of millions and the town fathers of Foxboro doing the same, the Sullivans would have never sold the team to Kiam, and then so on and so on, until we were saved by Bob Kraft! Honestly the money lost by the Sullivans due to the "Vicory Tour" was the beginning of the end of them (Thank God), and then like a Phoenix raising from the ashes of it's own death, the Pats emerged.......

BTW Bob Kraft, please buy the Bruins!!!!

Upton Bell and his hair weave.

id put Parcells at #5, he made them credible again, maybe making it more inticing for Kraft to buy the team. It was the hope Parcells brought that after Kraft bought the team, inspired the sellouts from Day 1 in 1994. Plus, Parcells brought in Belichick, Weis, Crennel, and Pioli that planted the seeds for 2000.

3 to be 4 said:
id put Parcells at #5, he made them credible again, maybe making it more inticing for Kraft to buy the team. It was the hope Parcells brought that after Kraft bought the team, inspired the sellouts from Day 1 in 1994. Plus, Parcells brought in Belichick, Weis, Crennel, and Pioli that planted the seeds for 2000.

i should have put him higher too but i did not liked they way he managed his
'trip' to NY before our Super Bowl against GB

If Mike Haynes is on the list than surely Ty Law has to be also. While Haynes may have been a better cornerback overall, Law certainly stepped it up more in post season games.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeSixPat said:

Mike Holovak for one. Kept things going during tough times.

PatsFanInMaine said:
If Mike Haynes is on the list than surely Ty Law has to be also. While Haynes may have been a better cornerback overall, Law certainly stepped it up more in post season games.

Haynes left early. Talented but relatively unimportant.

You could put Law there as well as Clayborn, an absolute anchor who also groomed Lippett.

The most solid years we ever had at both CB positions.

What about phil bissell - he of the original Patriot logo and many early year programs?

FreeTedWilliams said:
BTW Bob Kraft, please buy the Bruins!!!!

yes, please, please Mr. Kraft, I beg you to by the Bruins. You'd enjoy owning a hockey team.

What about Ron Burton?

No Dillon, no Curtis Martin? Hard to get everybody in I guess. Whoever invented the razor blade might be worth sticking in there, given both Kiam's and Kraft's connections.

PFnV

Most of the members of this forum are too young to remember the

early years of the Patriots. Two very important people during this era

were Mike Holovak and Babe Parelli. Mike did a very good job as head

coach with very little material to work with. He kept the team competitive

in the AFL East. Babe Parelli was aquired along with fullback Billy Lott

in 1961. Babe's favorite target was Gino Capelletti. These early players

helped the Patriots survive fierce competition from the New York Giants

on television.

Jonathan Kraft has more important than many listed.

NEM said:
...................I would add Phil Bissell to the list.

On November 16, 1959, Boston executive William H. "Billy" Sullivan Jr. was awarded the eighth and final franchise of the developing American Football League (AFL). The following winter, locals were allowed to submit ideas for the Boston football team's official name. The most popular choice—and the one that Sullivan selected—was "Boston Patriots", which derived from the historical Patriots of the American Revolution. Afterward, Phil Bissell developed the "Pat Patriot" logo (see section). Immediately thereafter, Lou Saban was selected as Patriots' first head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some old timers missing

I had lots of new names but looked at your list again and its pretty good.

The Sweet Kentucky Babe and Jim Nance were as big as Grogan and Martin.
I really liked Steve Grogan but he was just good enough to lose. He had some game where he was deadly accurate and other games everything sailed high just waiting for the safety to pick it off.
I was never a big Mike Haynes fan, I still remember him most for falling on his butt in the 78 playoff game giving up a long TD, but after reading the history leading up to the game the team was doomed anyway. I preferred Raymond Clayborn even though Haynes might have been more talented. I prefer Ty Law over both of them.
I'm not a big Raymond Berry fan either, he took over a good Meyers team and loosened the reins and the players responded but he couldn't keep it going on his own.
Nobody mentioned Jim Plunket, a story himself, but his trade laid the foundation of the 76 team.
So I will swap out Ty Law for Haynes and put Jim Plunkett in place of Pat Sullivan, Mike Holovak in place of Raymond Berry and Jim Nance in place of Steve Nelson. Steve was good but Jim was the face of the Pats in the 60's.

Thanks for stimulating the interest and thought.

Yes, we need Walt Coleman

Pleeze, no sportswriters. UGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes